Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I bought 100lbs of dumbbells because it costs $1,400 to send 200lbs of stuff to Italy but only $565 to send 330lbs of stuff to Italy.

I don't get it, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Trabant posted:

Those really are some fancy birds!

Yeah the breeds are Brahma (two colors), Jersey Giant, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington and Buckeye. Relatively calm and big birds to breed for meat.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Keep fuckin' that chicken!

Wife says no TV upgrades but new tiller she's never going to use, yeah, I better buy that. Bought it a week ago, tried it myself, it hasn't moved since.

Whatever, I can use the electric head for the weed whacker I already own and not have to wear ears while whackin' it

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Jun 7, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

NewFatMike posted:

I bought 100lbs of dumbbells because it costs $1,400 to send 200lbs of stuff to Italy but only $565 to send 330lbs of stuff to Italy.

Just buy sandbags. Sand/gravel is free.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Wife says no TV upgrades but new tiller she's never going to use, yeah, I better buy that. Bought it a week ago, tried it myself, it hasn't moved since.

Whatever, I can use the electric head for the weed whacker I already own and not have to wear ears while whackin' it

You should tiller that you need a new TV.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
"Honey, a TV is something we'll both use. Whereas this tiller is something only you'll use."

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

You should tiller that you need a new TV.

I don't really, that's just my go-to bitch about thing/favorite point of contention here. She just spent over $300 on shoes and clothes a day after bitching she has too many pairs of shoes and needs to clean out her wardrobe so I bring up the 7 year old TV. I notice she's spent money on a dumb phone game... bring up the 7 year old TV that I'd like to spend a little on to upgrade.

It's really healthy, trust me. Make sure you marry someone who has a completely different outlook on money from yours and you'll be happy forever!

(Oh and my 20 year old Jeep needs another couple hundred dollars thrown at it, that's about $1100 in the last year to keep it on the road. Guess how she feels about me financing a new economy car to replace it)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

How do you attach a weed whacker to it?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

How do you attach a weed whacker to it?

Twist the gray knob below the handle counter clockwise a few turns, pull the cultivator head off, slide the weed whacker head on. Check out the line of stuff they have here, the Expand It stuff is actually really cool https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/list/family/expand-it

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Twist the gray knob below the handle counter clockwise a few turns, pull the cultivator head off, slide the weed whacker head on. Check out the line of stuff they have here, the Expand It stuff is actually really cool https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/list/family/expand-it
Ah okay, that makes sense. I was looking at the very end of the tool, below the shield.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mu Zeta posted:

Just buy sandbags. Sand/gravel is free.

I've been so done with this shipment that my list of alternatives didn't get fleshed out until it was too late.

I think jugs of water from the supermarket next door are the way to go next time.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't really, that's just my go-to bitch about thing/favorite point of contention here. She just spent over $300 on shoes and clothes a day after bitching she has too many pairs of shoes and needs to clean out her wardrobe so I bring up the 7 year old TV. I notice she's spent money on a dumb phone game... bring up the 7 year old TV that I'd like to spend a little on to upgrade.

It's really healthy, trust me. Make sure you marry someone who has a completely different outlook on money from yours and you'll be happy forever!

(Oh and my 20 year old Jeep needs another couple hundred dollars thrown at it, that's about $1100 in the last year to keep it on the road. Guess how she feels about me financing a new economy car to replace it)

$1100 to keep a car on the road is not bad. You'll spend way more a year on a new car.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

A bunch of new stock for the farmette:

These two Polish rabbits for my son to do 4H projects

These fancy schmancy birds to breed with our Rhode Island Red rooster (they were babies when we got them)

Rooster for reference

More rabbits for breeding and food. There are four of them but they're all basically identical devil rabbits.

I like your new farm critters!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

PCOS Bill posted:

Oooh what kinda Jeep?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo posted:

Oooh what kinda Jeep?

Just a basic barely above base model Cherokee. It only moved about 2k miles last year so 1100 in maintenance and repairs hits a bit harder.

And it only went that few because it gets 14mpg vs my bike getting about 35-36. If it was in any way economical it might be driven more

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah my buddy had a 95(?) Cherokee on a small lift and got like 12 mpg.

Gorgeous Cherokee though, they came in such good colors.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

PCOS, Ryobis are pieces of garbage, don't expect to get a lot of use out of it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I feel like we just had this discussion

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have ten year old+ dark blue Ryobi stuff that still works fine, I'm not worried

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

Just to make sure I understand correctly : you have to ask your wife permission to buy things, but she can buy whatever she desires?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Just to make sure I understand correctly : you have to ask your wife permission to buy things, but she can buy whatever she desires?

PCOS Bill... a lovely person in an unhappy marriage ??? :eyepop:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I don't have to, it's just safer that way

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Grab her by the pussy, you can do anything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bill being a dad in a 90s sitcom makes a lot of sense.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

NewFatMike posted:

Details, please! Is it just because you can use a different carrier or is it something far more asinine?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bill is actually Tim Allen: a conspiracy theory thread

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is a very strong compliment, but no, I am not the great Tim Allen, one of the funniest men on earth.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

PCOS, Ryobis are pieces of garbage, don't expect to get a lot of use out of it

Naw, Ryobi has seriously stepped up it's game in the last few years. I have six or seven of their first generation lithium battery drills that have lasted about four years now of pretty rough use in the hands of ungentle labor guys. Even more impressive is that the batteries have the spent the same time in a freezing/broiling trailer rattling across the country a few dozen times and they all hold charge almost as long as when they were new.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Imperador do Brasil posted:

A bunch of new stock for the farmette:

These fancy schmancy birds to breed with our Rhode Island Red rooster (they were babies when we got them)

Rooster for reference

Do come and visit the Backyard Chicken Keeping thread.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bongwizzard posted:

Naw, Ryobi has seriously stepped up it's game in the last few years. I have six or seven of their first generation lithium battery drills that have lasted about four years now of pretty rough use in the hands of ungentle labor guys. Even more impressive is that the batteries have the spent the same time in a freezing/broiling trailer rattling across the country a few dozen times and they all hold charge almost as long as when they were new.
I'm not a tool nerd but AvE was pleasantly surprised by the Cryobi nail gun, at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7ORqBtHVM

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

PCOS Bill posted:

This is a very strong compliment, but no, I am not the great Tim Allen, one of the funniest men on earth.

Sounds like something Tim Allen would say. :tinfoil:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Coffee And Pie posted:

PCOS Bill posted:

Exhibit A

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not a tool nerd but AvE was pleasantly surprised by the Cryobi nail gun, at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7ORqBtHVM

Oh my god this dude is annoying as poo poo. Does he really think calling Home Depot "Homeless Despot" is funny or even makes sense?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Nah, all conservatives are now required to pretend to like Tim Allen. Because he "triggers the libs" or something.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Oh my god this dude is annoying as poo poo. Does he really think calling Home Depot "Homeless Despot" is funny or even makes sense?

Maybe you just don't care for his schtick? It's kinda shop speak becoming the widening gyre as his youtube has gotten more popular.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Tim Allen is great who doesn't love Tim Allen

Getting busted for transporting shitloads of cocaine and rolling on a ton of people is the raddest thing you can do.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

Tim Allen is great who doesn't love Tim Allen

Getting busted for transporting shitloads of cocaine and rolling on a ton of people is the raddest thing you can do.

It wasn't even a kilo, Jesus Christ. You do what you have to to protect yourself. Getting out in two years beats decades

Jmcrofts posted:

Nah, all conservatives are now required to pretend to like Tim Allen. Because he "triggers the libs" or something.

I've been a fan of Tim Allen for decades, he's hilarious.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm a liberal snowflake and I always thought Tim Allen was pretty funny. Dude has great timing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I just really love that mugshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tim Allen created an official forum

http://ideaexchange.timallen.com/