Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
The goon training wheels clan is dying (down to 3 people), can anyone recommend some pubbie guilds to apply to until I am good enough for prime time (almost 65 now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
No, just find a rando guild with active members

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ceros_X posted:

The goon training wheels clan is dying (down to 3 people), can anyone recommend some pubbie guilds to apply to until I am good enough for prime time (almost 65 now).

I have my alt in one.
646 935 163

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Malgrin posted:

I have my alt in one.
646 935 163

Thanks bro! I've never done a raid so I feel like it is hampering my gear grind.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ceros_X posted:

Thanks bro! I've never done a raid so I feel like it is hampering my gear grind.

To get in, you'll need to go to guilds, then allies or something like that, find me, then click join guild or request invite.

P.S. They don't know this is an alt. I'd like to keep it that way.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I got so happy about waxing a Chaze team on the final GW node I forgot to claim my prize before restarting :doh:

Also, thanks for all the GW advice in the thread. Priming Rebs early on works like a charm for my lovely FTP teams and using Han as a Baze counter totally works.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I got so happy about waxing a Chaze team on the final GW node I forgot to claim my prize before restarting :doh:

Also, thanks for all the GW advice in the thread. Priming Rebs early on works like a charm for my lovely FTP teams and using Han as a Baze counter totally works.

:c00lbert:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My guild has a few spaces again if anyone wants in. It's pretty casual and we're mostly high level but not quite all at endgame yet. Add me on 561-766-648.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 7, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

My guild has a few spaces again if anyone wants in. It's pretty casual and we're mostly high level but not quite all at endgame yet. Add me on 571-766-648.

I tried adding you, typo?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

I tried adding you, typo?

Yeah there was, I've fixed it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Yeah there was, I've fixed it.

What tier raids do you launch? How often? more than 10k tickets per day?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

T6 non heroic both raids. The Rancor seems to be every other day, and the Tank takes us about 3-4 days or thereabouts to kill. I haven't been closely monitoring tickets, and I think the screen that does is bugged because I've watched it not put tickets onto my total after spending a chunk of energy so I don't really know exactly but it's somewhere between 15000 and 25000.

Not sure why you are adding me though unless I've misunderstood or you have - are you wanting your alt to join up? I though you had your own guild.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

T6 non heroic both raids. The Rancor seems to be every other day, and the Tank takes us about 3-4 days or thereabouts to kill. I haven't been closely monitoring tickets, and I think the screen that does is bugged because I've watched it not put tickets onto my total after spending a chunk of energy so I don't really know exactly but it's somewhere between 15000 and 25000.

Not sure why you are adding me though unless I've misunderstood or you have - are you wanting your alt to join up? I though you had your own guild.

Yeah, I've got an alt I'm taking seriously for the moment, he's in a guild that's about half inactive, which is better than most pubbie guilds, about to get my first 6*, so a more active guild would be better, which would also be a better guild for Ceros

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Well you're more than welcome to check it out. Probs a bit too casual for you, but if you just want somewhere to park until you find somewhere that's a bit stricter on earning those tickets just say the word.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Well you're more than welcome to check it out. Probs a bit too casual for you, but if you just want somewhere to park until you find somewhere that's a bit stricter on earning those tickets just say the word.

Nah, for my alt, this is cool, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be moving into a more casual guild than my current ~8k/day guild

After daily reset (in just over an hour), I'll drop from the guild and jump over.

e: Hey, just dropped my guild, can't join yours, says invite only and level 60 required, could you (or an officer) shoot me an invite? Thanks

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 8, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So...about that whole, "They won't make you use Phoenix Squad to unlock Thrawn," thing...messages in game at the moment suggest otherwise.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Malgrin posted:

Nah, for my alt, this is cool, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be moving into a more casual guild than my current ~8k/day guild

After daily reset (in just over an hour), I'll drop from the guild and jump over.

e: Hey, just dropped my guild, can't join yours, says invite only and level 60 required, could you (or an officer) shoot me an invite? Thanks

Let me know if it is worth switching over to lol.

thrawn527 posted:

So...about that whole, "They won't make you use Phoenix Squad to unlock Thrawn," thing...messages in game at the moment suggest otherwise.

Double drops on all Phoenix Squad people for a few days. Any of these guys worth grinding out in the non-event sense?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Sorry Mal only just saw your edit I'll get on it.

...and there's an update. One moment... and done.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 8, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ceros_X posted:

Let me know if it is worth switching over to lol.

Double drops on all Phoenix Squad people for a few days. Any of these guys worth grinding out in the non-event sense?

Probably. DOOP is cool and chill, and better than a lot of random guilds you could land in, but you'll get eay more benefit out of Roccinate. Maybe wait a day though, there is a cooldown for leaving and rejoining guilds.

Sabine is super cool, has a debuff that will be great for raids, armor shred that is no dispellable.
I think Kanan will be great in GK or QGJ lead jedi teams, and Ezra is a maybe. You might want to consider them for the flash event this weekend though, looks like some pretty great rewards lined up

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Malgrin posted:

Probably. DOOP is cool and chill, and better than a lot of random guilds you could land in, but you'll get eay more benefit out of Roccinate. Maybe wait a day though, there is a cooldown for leaving and rejoining guilds.

Sabine is super cool, has a debuff that will be great for raids, armor shred that is no dispellable.
I think Kanan will be great in GK or QGJ lead jedi teams, and Ezra is a maybe. You might want to consider them for the flash event this weekend though, looks like some pretty great rewards lined up

The only ones realistically farmable are Hera and Ezra (Cantina, 8 enervy each or whatever). Sabine is Hard on Darkside so max 3 runs per day wit out 50 crystal refreshes

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ceros_X posted:

The only ones realistically farmable are Hera and Ezra (Cantina, 8 enervy each or whatever). Sabine is Hard on Darkside so max 3 runs per day wit out 50 crystal refreshes

Sabine will also be in guild shop

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ceros_X posted:

Sabine is also in guild shop. So slow but farmable.

And Chopper, Kanan and Zeb are Cantina/Arena/GW respectively. So super easy farms, and from shops where it's otherwise easy to run out of ways to spend currency. I've got about ~10k hoarded in each shop at the moment, and doing a little math, I should be able to run 4/5 Phoenix at 7 star in a little under two weeks. The main bottleneck is Hera/Ezra both being on Cantina nodes. One is doable but both is rough. Gonna farm Hera and hope for Ezra from fleet and a little double drops luck, but it'll be tight if they drop thrawn in us before the end of the month. :/

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Are any of these guys worth getting? Or is the verdict still out on their usefulness?

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Kanan is the poorman GK. If you have no way of getting GK in the near future, like myself, he can go well in a zQGJ team. Otherwise he's a bitch to gear and needs 350 carbantis, 150 stunguns and 100 cuffs...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mister Blueberry posted:

Kanan is the poorman GK. If you have no way of getting GK in the near future, like myself, he can go well in a zQGJ team. Otherwise he's a bitch to gear and needs 350 carbantis, 150 stunguns and 100 cuffs...

He sucks, get Ezra instead.

Phoenix are amazing if you are just starting out, the synergy at low level will be extremely powerful and they are readily available. Endgame though, the overall verdict seems to be they are a little bit too weak.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What about their ship? I haven't heard anything about it either.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
You can't farm their ships right now so there are better options

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

What about their ship? I haven't heard anything about it either.

The ships are super promising in terms of kit, but stuck at three stars, they ultimately can't compete.

If they become farmable, they could be real strong.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I only have Ezra and Sabine on my lower level account. I've been working on getting Wedge to 5 stars. Is it worth stopping to farm Ezra? I have QGJ, JKA, Lumi, Ahsoka.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Depends how good Thrawn is I guess but a new account won't be able to get him probably, so I'd just keep working on Wedge

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

tadashi posted:

I only have Ezra and Sabine on my lower level account. I've been working on getting Wedge to 5 stars. Is it worth stopping to farm Ezra? I have QGJ, JKA, Lumi, Ahsoka.

Level Wedge. It's hard to imagine Thrawn being good enough to justify holding on Wedge. He's, like, really good. And Ezra, by all accounts, isn't worth it, long term. Also, it's unclear exactly when we'll get to earn Thrawn (this event just mentions battling him, he might be a reward, but it might be a separate event after) but the amount you could level Ezra probably isn't enough to be super useful in time.

That's a lot of words but I'll just return to this. Level Wedge. Also, Biggs if you haven't already, but you probably know that.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I get so few drops from cantina nodes that I've started farming Wedge exclusively from the Fleet Store and am making progress faster. I spend the extra GW cash on the ships since I get far more of that than ship cash and I can save the extra ship cash for the rares like Chirrut and the good ships. I'm farming Herra for the next couple days while the bonus is on for the extra cantina cash. It's an odd way of doing things, I know.

Edit: It says there's a double drop on Sabines hard node but it's only giving me single drops. Anyone else notice the same or did I hit it before a fix was pushed? The client needed to restart 3-4 times for me.

Edit2: Sabine hard node giving double drops now. Must have hit it before the fix.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 8, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

It should light up and show in the rewards now if it's double. Just for future reference.

Got 21 Hera shards on 22 refreshes, so doing good today.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is there a consensus for best "Rebels" team? There are 6 applicable characters but only 5 team spots.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

tadashi posted:

Is there a consensus for best "Rebels" team? There are 6 applicable characters but only 5 team spots.

Oh you mean Phoenix Squad? I just wrote up a big post about the Rebel characters before I saw you mentioned 6 applicable characters and was confused. In which case, uh, never mind, can't help you.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

Unless you're spending $$$ sabine is the odd man out cuz she'll take WAY longer to farm.

If money is no object I think zeb is the odd man out

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Unless you're spending $$$ sabine is the odd man out cuz she'll take WAY longer to farm.

Cool. I just wasted a bunch of energy on Sabine. Efficiency is important to me.

That's too bad because her stabby attack is really cool.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

If you think you can get 5 heroes to 7*, then Sabine is the wrong one to farm. If you think you will only get them to 5 or 6*, then I think Sabine is possible.

tldr: if you think you have a chance at all 7*s, you HAVE to go for Zeb. If you don't think you'll get anywhere near that in 3 weeks, drop Zeb and go for Sabine, 5* is doable in 3 weeks.

The following math is assuming you have 65 shards for everyone. 5* requires an additional 80 shards, then 85 more for 6* (165), and 100 more for 7 (265). With 3x cantina refreshes, that's 525 cantina energy per day, or about 22 shards per day, doubled to 44 for the next couple days. With three double days, you're looking at 528 shards total. This means that to get them to 7*, you just need an additional 2 shards to get there. With some RNG, you might need to buy Ezra 2-3 times from fleet shipments. This will also generate 853 cantina credit per day, with 3 double days that gets you to 255 Chopper shards. You might need to do a couple 200 refreshes to get him there, depending on whether or not you have any savings (do it now while it's double drops if you're going for 7*), or you can supplement with the shard shop. If you can manage top 200 in arena, that's 10 Kanan per day, or 210 Kanan shards. You'll need to supplement an additional 55 shards for 7* (but if you manage closer to top 5, you'll be fine). Zeb comes in at 15 per day, so 17 days for 7*. While we don't know what Sabine's drop rates will look like, I think fives shards per day from the guild shop is a safe estimate, with an additional shard from hard node, coming in at 126 shards, or 140 for 7*. With the shard shop rate of 1000 credit per 5, You'll need to turn in 1866 shards to get Sabine. If you use GW every day, that's only about 300 of the necessary shards.

tadashi posted:

Cool. I just wasted a bunch of energy on Sabine. Efficiency is important to me.

That's too bad because her stabby attack is really cool.

I would absolutely keep farming Sabine regardless. She is the best of Phoenix, and will be a great raid addition to any Rebel team.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It's nice to finally 7 star Yoda. Now I just wish they would toss R2 in the Yoda/EP event mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Phoenix Flash Event Details
Mission 1 Requirements: Hera Syndulla, Ezra Bridger, and Kanan Jarrus (4-star or higher) Destroy Imperial supply shipments on Lothal!
02_DESC| Requirements: Hera Syndulla, Sabine Wren, and Chopper (4-star or higher) Storm the Imperial Hangar and destroy parked TIE FIGHTERS!
03_DESC| Requirements: Hera Syndulla, Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios, and Kanan Jarrus (4-star or higher) Intercept an Imperial transport on Lothal and gather critical intelligence from Imperial Officers!
04_DESC| Requirements: Five Phoenix members (5-star or higher) This mission is very difficult

From what I've heard, with good mods, you can do the 4th tier with 5 5* G8 Phoenix, probably level 75+, maybe 80-85. First time rewards are a Furnace, a Stun Cuff, and 3 zeta mats. First time rewards for the other three tiers appear to be 5 dot mods.