Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

Because the refs are generally maniacal assholes who love to get into players poo poo with rules

sure, but when their bosses tell them "not this player's poo poo" they do what they're told

you can tell too because they don't often look very happy when draymond is up in their grill shouting at them.

look at tonight's tech. in a game where the officiating was already benefiting the cavs, draymond gets the T under the basket, still surrounded by other players. but on other nights you can see him chase officials all the way to the other side of the court, or shout at them, walk away and then come back shouting more.

i just wish we could see what draymond's situation would be like on any other team. my guess is something like 'sheed or boogie.

but its not that way.

people like draymond. people like the warriors. draymond will suffer no consequences for his actions. as mentioned earlier he wasn't suspended last year during the OKC matchup for "basketball reasons." even though the night before another player was (though his was a closed fist). it only bit draymond in the rear end when he messed with lebron, which while being a weaker call was entirely justified considering his prior history.

anyway, the warriors' situation is what it is. there's no changing it. this is the premier team in the league for the next 5 years and this is how they act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I wish Draymond Green was on my team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't but that is because I don't want to valid my teams big man fetish.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/872689858107416578

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
I want to give a hand to the refs. They tried their best, but you can't fix everything.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Paul Pierce predicted the Cavs would win in the pregame show and thought everyone forgot. He tweeted this post game.
https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/872660942676480001

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

RaySmuckles posted:

it only bit draymond in the rear end when he messed with lebron, which while being a weaker call was entirely justified considering his prior history.

Didn't Draymond get an automatic suspension for 10 technicals or something? I don't think it was some grand The League Cares More About LeBron thing, they just decided not to suspend him for the groin kick in the previous series and then were forced to suspend him in the Finals because he hit the limit. This year he learned his lesson, which is to say he was careful to avoid building up a ton of techs in the regular season that would leave him close to an automatic suspension in the playoffs.

Draymond plays the refs very well. He gets more leeway about complaining because he seems to be really good at talking to them at other times in a way that leaves them feeling overall respected. In a sport where most calls are based on highly subjective judgments — just like most other sports — that's an incredibly useful skill and, frankly, a really rare one, because most people are really crap about working with other people when they aren't incentivized to cooperate. Maybe that's offensive on some purist level, because playing the refs shouldn't be part of playing the game, but realistically refs are people and this kind of skill will always be rewarded.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/treymondgreen/status/872674828074926080

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yes he poo poo all over them. There's no need to rub it in.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm mad proud of that Zogo lol he gave me y'all have no idea how stoked I am to give a computer the giggles

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

E2M2 posted:

It's not luck when it's good defense.

Well just like usual someone in this thread is wrong. Cavs offense is fine and first game was fluky as poo poo. Their defense is a dumpster fire.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/872662823385616384

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Oh poo poo was Embiid at the game?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Sorry Paul Pierce but I'm still taking LeBron over Durant

Durants a great player and all but ffs look at the team he has, Steph taking so much pressure off him

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is there anyone the cavs can sign next year to compete with gsw in the finals or are we going to be dealing with this for another two years?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
PG?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bigass Moth posted:

Is there anyone the cavs can sign next year to compete with gsw in the finals or are we going to be dealing with this for another two years?

They cannot sign anyone above the minimum salary so probably not. Golden State won't be able to either, but will probably resign most their team.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Stat of the night was Steph's 13 rebounds being more than TT all series combined

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Paperback Writer posted:

Stat of the night was Steph's 13 rebounds being more than TT all series combined

Is Steph a deceptively good rebounder or is Cleveland just being bitchmade?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

TBeats posted:

Is Steph a deceptively good rebounder or is Cleveland just being bitchmade?

He's always been alright, but he's having a lot of success crashing the boards and Cleveland isn't doing a very good job sealing off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also TT is engaged with zaza a lot

Not saying TT has been good but it's been a rugby scrum under the basket

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think this is the first game i ever saw zaza in the 2nd quarter.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Watching Zaza flail towards the basket on every layup attempt is the most entertaining thing of the series

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

They also ran lineups where neither GSW or Cleveland had a true PF or Center. Lebron/Jefferson/JR/Korver/Kyrie vs Durant/Mccaw/Iggy/Klay/Steph. This has been a very "small" series.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

They also ran lineups where neither GSW or Cleveland had a true PF or Center. Lebron/Jefferson/JR/Korver/Kyrie vs Durant/Mccaw/Iggy/Klay/Steph. This has been a very "small" series.

Yeah good point

Steph was crazy good tho don't want to diminish

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
So apparently Kevin Durant is better than Harrison Barnes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/872727927095386112

wyd if a man crashed your car with your wife in it

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Cavs have been poo poo rebounding on D. Half their guards leak out way too early and Kyrie routinely forgets that he's on a basketball court

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/872727927095386112

wyd if a man crashed your car with your wife in it

This rules, derek fisher rules, dui aside

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thrilla in vanilla posted:

, derek fisher rules,

Temecula at dawn meet me there

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Bigass Moth posted:

Maybe Lebron will opt out and sign a vet minimum with Golden State. KD proving if you can't beat em, join em is viable and makes (dumb) people think you are the best player in the world.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

thrilla in vanilla posted:

This rules, derek fisher rules, dui aside

I've hated him ever since 0.4

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
gently caress .4

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I believe Lebron is the best ever.
Thus I have to believe this Warriors team is the best ever
But the Laker and Sixers of yore would both sweep them
So Dr. J is better than Lebron
But Dr. J didn't get the GM job when Vince wanted him to
Rob Babcock did
Rob Babcock is the greatest GM ever.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rjmccall posted:

Didn't Draymond get an automatic suspension for 10 technicals or something? I don't think it was some grand The League Cares More About LeBron thing, they just decided not to suspend him for the groin kick in the previous series and then were forced to suspend him in the Finals because he hit the limit. This year he learned his lesson, which is to say he was careful to avoid building up a ton of techs in the regular season that would leave him close to an automatic suspension in the playoffs.

Draymond plays the refs very well. He gets more leeway about complaining because he seems to be really good at talking to them at other times in a way that leaves them feeling overall respected. In a sport where most calls are based on highly subjective judgments — just like most other sports — that's an incredibly useful skill and, frankly, a really rare one, because most people are really crap about working with other people when they aren't incentivized to cooperate. Maybe that's offensive on some purist level, because playing the refs shouldn't be part of playing the game, but realistically refs are people and this kind of skill will always be rewarded.

lmao yeah draymonds noted for his people skills hahaha

im imagining kerr giving draymond How To Win Friends And Influence People as a gift one night and dray just beaming the ref in the face with it and smiling at his coach

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Why are Golden State Warriors fans such babies? People are legitimately mad about Lebron "kicking" Iguodala in the balls.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think one thing that helps Draymond is that his own team freaks out on him pretty quickly so the refs don't feel isolated. Everyone is basically yelling at him to settle down which might makes the refs feel less like they are being attacked and more like they are dealing with a massive baby.
It's still crazy how much poo poo he gets away with but I don't think it's some conspiracy. It's just the refs feeling less threatened because they've come to expect it

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bashez posted:

Why are Golden State Warriors fans such babies? People are legitimately mad about Lebron "kicking" Iguodala in the balls.

Yeah, super weird that people might find it ironic that LeBron did something that he complained about to the NBA last year, arguably forcing the NBA to take action by suspending Green. Then you have JR Smith bringing it up after game 1 I think it was? Even though Green has seemingly controlled his "natural motion" this year/post season. Then LeBron spikes the ball right in front a ref with no call.

I mean, it ultimately doesn't matter, Iguodala didn't seem effected by it, the game was over and it's not like any reasonable person actually thinks he should be suspended for it. But it's reasonable to see the irony of the situation and be at least a little mad about it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would complain about an opponent doing something I do if it would make a difference between winning and losing the finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ouhei posted:

he complained about to the NBA last year, arguably forcing the NBA to take action by suspending Green..

Green got suspended because green went over the tech threshold

• Locked thread