Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I kinda wanted to get the T2 WvW (Triumphant hero) armor for my guardian that I do a little WvW occasionally, but it seems like the required ticket and material costs are quite high for a casual scrub like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I would just like to say that a) since I came back earlier this week everyone in SFD and GOON has been super nice and helpful and that's cool and good, and also b) I've used the links in the very helpful OP extensively so that is also cool and good.

You're all cool and good, guild war goons.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I still despise the concept of raids and wish they've never been added, but my Thursday Night Late Night Casual Hero Squad raids have been fantastically successful, low stress, low pressure, fun as poo poo, and lets us whiny casual babbies experience that content. As well, there's a massive amount of content available outside of raids and sPvP (which hasn't had major work in ages) and WvW (which hasn't had major work in ages), all the new living story zones, world bosses, zone metas, fractals, there is such a monumental amount of content to do that there is no way anyone is doing it all.

So, basically, Alteisen, put up or shut up.

If you think Alteisen is rational, you need to lay off the catte drugs. Maybe try bird drugs insteas.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

If you think Alteisen is rational, you need to lay off the catte drugs. Maybe try bird drugs insteas.

:agreed:

Fifteen of Many posted:

I would just like to say that a) since I came back earlier this week everyone in SFD and GOON has been super nice and helpful and that's cool and good, and also b) I've used the links in the very helpful OP extensively so that is also cool and good.

You're all cool and good, guild war goons.

<3

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Arus can I bring my lovely power reaper to the thursday night raids?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lucifirius posted:

Arus can I bring my lovely power reaper to the thursday night raids?

Cletus has been amazing at finding a spot in that raid group for any spec! He even stopped making fun of my dragonhunter Arus Manouvre spec after I beat him on all DPS charts which forced him to cannonball a gallon of vegemite in rage

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Sweet, joining on raids on Thursdays! I want to get Viper's but I just don't have enough mats to craft everything, and I have less than 50g. I'll be doing a lot more WvW to work towards those ascended stuff, and maybe those will have the stats I need for alts to have meta raiding gear.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

What time do Thursday night raid things kick off and is there a minimum gear guideline like "why are you still wearing all level 76-80 green drops?"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

We start at 9pm Pacific. I hate the idea of sounding gear elitist but some fights we've done are flatout impossible without enough DPS (there's a hard limit with enrage modes, etc) so please get level 80 exotics :( If you need money for these off the TP just send me a mail, I'll help you out! It's all purchasable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I would love to join the late night SFD raids but I am an old man who lives in the Central time zone and will definitely be in bed by the time you start. It sounds like a real good time, though. I do want to try raiding at some point.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Hello Sailor posted:

What time do Thursday night raid things kick off and is there a minimum gear guideline like "why are you still wearing all level 76-80 green drops?"

If you ever plan on making the legendary gear, you'll need some crafting characters at level 400, so you should be able to make some decent stuff, too. Assuming that's your plan, of course.

Naturally, everyone else also has some crafting alts, and a lot of the stuff they made just to level up finds its way to the trading post, so you can get great deals on equipment that way, especially if you don't care about optimal stat distributions.

About the only things needed are level 80 orange gear in each slot of some type, and preferably without much toughness on it. There's actual tanking in some of the raids, and it all keys off of who has the most toughness for some reason.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Looks like the WvW ascended armor requires crafting still. At least I have those leveled. Just gotta get the reward track farmed and tickets obtained. Has anybody done the math on how many pips it is to get the diamond chest?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

If you ever plan on making the legendary gear, you'll need some crafting characters at level 400, so you should be able to make some decent stuff, too. Assuming that's your plan, of course.

I've got every craft to at least 400 across my alts. I'm just a huge spendthrift when it comes to materials and don't want to sink my limited gold/blood reserves into berserker gear for each of my 80s.

CLAM DOWN posted:

We start at 9pm Pacific.

Cool, I don't have classes this summer to be up early for and get off work about an hour before, so I can actually make these for a couple months.

e: Flame Legion runes okay as a filthy poor alternative to Scholar for Hammer Guardian? Mesmer runes for the +100 precision?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 8, 2017

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

I've got every craft to at least 400 across my alts. I'm just a huge spendthrift when it comes to materials and don't want to sink my limited gold/blood reserves into berserker gear for each of my 80s.

Cool, I don't have classes this summer to be up early for and get off work about an hour before, so I can actually make these for a couple months.

e: Flame Legion runes okay as a filthy poor alternative to Scholar for Hammer Guardian? Mesmer runes for the +100 precision?

What's your in game name? I'll fire you a set of Scholars.

Hammer guard benefits from Scholar more than most because you have passive Aegis and never-ending Prot and healing from symbols to help keep you topped off, so you definitely want a set.

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 8, 2017

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Magres posted:

What's your in game name? I'll fire you a set of Scholars.

Hammer guard benefits from Scholar more than most because you have passive Aegis and never-ending Prot and healing from symbols to help keep you topped off, so you definitely want a set.

Sweet, thank you. Smuggins.7852

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, after trying to do the personal story again on my mesmer so I could get Caladbolg and the Knight of Thorns title, I discovered that Hearts and Minds now expects you to restart the entire Mordremoth fight if you die once, which, hahahahaha, no, not ever.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Rand Brittain posted:

Okay, after trying to do the personal story again on my mesmer so I could get Caladbolg and the Knight of Thorns title, I discovered that Hearts and Minds now expects you to restart the entire Mordremoth fight if you die once, which, hahahahaha, no, not ever.

If you need help with Hearts and Minds just ask in guild chat and there should be people willing to help.

Edit: looks like someone did the math!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6fuzz3/so_youre_brand_new_to_wvw_and_want_to_know_how/

1450 pips for max rewards, 30 hours of work a week to get it.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Coming back after a long hiatus (since before HoT came out, at least) - GOON is still active? I put a reactivation request on goonwars2.com .

Does, uh... does anyone have suggestions for getting back in the swing of things? I have about 4 level 80s, I took my Necro far enough into the Maguuma story missions to unlock Masteries & gliding - I'm just feeling really overwhelmed by all the crap there is to do (& the prospect of taking all my other characters through the story as well).

(also finally getting around to making a Revenant - only two race/gender combos I don't have yet are Human F and Asura F. I'm inclined towards Human but can't decide :shobon: )

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

Sweet, thank you. Smuggins.7852

Sent, enjoy raids! :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Should I be converting my boosters into enchanted ones?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hello Sailor posted:

Flame Legion runes are actually the best alternative to Scholar runes specifically for Hammer Guardian, and sometimes are better. You happen to put out enough burning to make them equivalent to ~85% Scholar uptime. If this is your first raid, go for the Flame Legion runes.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
:negative: of course I d/c when I'm almost done with the last instance of the personal story.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Rand Brittain posted:

It always did that, and it's always been stupid. The fight's not even hard, honestly, so making you do it from the beginning is just tedious.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I heard GW2 now had an 'action mode' and wow it makes it feel like a whole new game I am actually interested in playing. But is there any way to bind Mouse 2 to anything other than lock/unlock target? I'm a cursed lefty so if I had M1 for my attacking, M2 for a second skill and the Del/End/PageDn buttons for my other three main weapon skills it would rule super-hard.

Does Heart of Thorns go on sale sometimes?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 8, 2017

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Pierson posted:

Does Heart of Thorns go on sale sometimes?

HoT is $30 now and the next expansion is coming soon (end of the year?) and that will include HoT.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

dad on the rag posted:

HoT is $30 now and the next expansion is coming soon (end of the year?) and that will include HoT.

I've been out of GW2 for a while, what are the rumors of the next expansion?

I really hope its a more traditional landscape cause I could never really get into the multi-level of HoT.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

BexGu posted:

I really hope its a more traditional landscape cause I could never really get into the multi-level of HoT.

desert wasteland, oasis, some other stuff

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BexGu posted:

Elona, wide-open desert zones, another elite spec for each profession, also mounts

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Ghost of Starman posted:

Coming back after a long hiatus (since before HoT came out, at least) - GOON is still active? I put a reactivation request on goonwars2.com .

Does, uh... does anyone have suggestions for getting back in the swing of things? I have about 4 level 80s, I took my Necro far enough into the Maguuma story missions to unlock Masteries & gliding - I'm just feeling really overwhelmed by all the crap there is to do (& the prospect of taking all my other characters through the story as well).

(also finally getting around to making a Revenant - only two race/gender combos I don't have yet are Human F and Asura F. I'm inclined towards Human but can't decide :shobon: )

Ignore HoT. Go do LS3 content until you have levelled up your gliding skills to max and other movement related masteries.

If you need mastery points outside of LS3 content, use a teleport to friend and get someone to open up (a) dragons stand and do the meta there during prime time and/or (b) auric basin, which is the second least confusing and mastery gated map, after dragons stand. The benefit of AB over DS is that you can work on the map any time (DS is a meta only map) and the AB meta is not overwhelmingly long or hard. The benefit of DS is that if you find a good map, you can bank a ton of masteries super fast by just running around and tagging all the meta events.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Another benefit of Dragon's Stand is that it's loving cool as poo poo and v fun.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Seconded

e: also you can still get credit on some events even if you don't have the poison mastery yet, sometimes the mobs will run out of the poisoned area and one tag gets you bronze credit and the mastery point

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dragons stand's problem, to me, is that it takes too long.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I like DS, but they could certainly take out one of the two giant vine monsters to shorten it.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Vine monsters are fine. The final boss is an amazing snooze fest. It's particularly bad if you don't have ley line gliding and can't get around quickly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so very town between being the best condi minion master Necromancer and being a dope Reaper dude.
I really hope the next elite spec is all condition stuff.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dragons stand's problem, to me, is that it takes too long.

Honestly it's a pretty casual and fun take on the traditional raid which would be a multiple-hours long commitment. Most of the metas are this way.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

jokes posted:

Honestly it's a pretty casual and fun take on the traditional raid which would be a multiple-hours long commitment. Most of the metas are this way.

I realize that, it's still a long time in one go for me to the point where I rarely do it. That's not really something you can disagree with me on, it's too long for me :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are grenades still a good build for engineers in wvw? I am getting wrecked in the zerg fights, mainly because I don't know how to play, but also because zerg fights seem like it comes down to whichever side has the best Combo Field Blast finishers. The mortar change is kind of cool but it does pathetic damage and grenades now only have 900 range? I am trying to do a condition build with dual pistols and the survivability utilities but I still get wrecked.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Check out this legendary spike drop timing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Erdricks posted:

Ignore HoT. Go do LS3 content until you have levelled up your gliding skills to max and other movement related masteries.

To be clear, do you mean I should run the... whatever, the Chapter that is currently available? Or that I should buy all the LS3 stuff?

And am I correct in assuming it's because getting around the HoT zones is a pain until you have all those things unlocked, and the LS3 zones are an easier source of XP/Mastery points to unlock them with?

• Locked thread