Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

I tried this, but the villagers drove me from the town with pitchforks and torches cursing my "father's" name

They were calling you "Everyone?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

quote:

My gf and I have been together for a few months. Initially she lied to me about a guy who she had been messaging quite a lot.

Obviously it isn't good that she lied. However, I thought she wasn't cheating on me (at least not physically). She doesn't have a ton of friends and I feel like that is the reason she can't stop talking to him, even though I asked her to. She told me she would rather have our relationship that be friends with him still.

anyways. to spare the details. All this came to a head last night when my GF came home. I was in bed and had been for some time. She came stumbling in with a duck tucked beneath her arm. She burst in to our bedroom and said "this is the pig I've been loving." and I said for petes sakes thats not a pig thats a duck! and she said "shut the gently caress up I was talking to the duck."

antyyhways things have been tense sense then. Not sure how to proceed.
It's like a lovely Norm Macdonald joke

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

8 Ball posted:

It's like a lovely Norm Macdonald joke

It's some dumb joke from some dumb show somewhere:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

8 Ball posted:

lovely Norm Macdonald joke

One of these words does not belong.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

They were calling you "Everyone?"

Oui

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

One of these words does not belong.

lovely MacDonald joke?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Solice Kirsk posted:

lovely MacDonald joke?

Joke doesn't belong.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Links a guy.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I was thinking some sort of free energy system. That would throw every country into a massive poo poo storm instantly. Eventually it would be a net good for humanity, but the immediate effects would be catastrophic. Especially if the country that discovers it doesn't share.

That would be amazing, almost as if we could get energy from the sun!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anton Chigurh posted:

That would be amazing, almost as if we could get energy from the sun!

We might as well hope for scientists to invent magic. Power from the sun....you can't get power from the sun. It's not even on earth. :rolleyes:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I've been living under a fake name for the last 4 years to flee the crushing amount of debt I owed.

I owed money to the trade school I went to after high school. I owed child support to my ex wife. I was never going to climb out the mountain of debt. So I left.

I live just south of the Mexican/US border now. I know I'll never be allowed back in the US but gently caress if I care. I do manual labor, I have a decent little apartment, and I get paid under the table and nobody asks me anything about my life.

I don't use a bank and pay cash for everything I can.

It's not a great life by any means but it's better than the alternative.

I'm gonna be honest I can't really get behind somebody dodging child support

Like, dodging student loan debt I'm fine with because our system is horrible. Dodging taxes could be pitched to me as noble I guess depending on how eloquent you are about it. Alimony is kind of a gray area depending on whether your ex actually needs it or can make her own living just fine. Credit card debt is mostly just you being stupid, but poo poo happens I guess so if you have to dodge, dodge away. But dodging child support is pretty much just you stealing from your own kid. Enjoy your little prison life in Mexico I guess.

quote:

My uncle convinced elementary school me that the movie "Phantasm" was real and that all that stuff happened but they just dramatized it for a movie. I was also way too young to watch that movie but Uncle Jim would watch it if I ever stayed the night.

For almost 2 years I was terrified of funeral parlors and convinced that the Tall Man was going to come for me at night with his army of dwarf corpses and flying spheres. I started doing bad in school because I literally was sleeping 3-4 hours a night and waking up sweating or screaming.

Then my uncle passed away when I was 12 from kidney failure. We were at his funeral and of course I was really on-edge and uncomfortable. Then some giant tall guy walks up to me while I'm at my uncle's casket and says "When you die, you don't go to heaven. You come to me" and walks off. I poo poo my pants for real and had to be carried out of the funeral home screaming and freaking out. The guy apologized to my mom and said that Uncle Jim had asked him to do this because "the kid loves Phantasm".

gently caress you Uncle Jim, I never said it out loud but I hope you're burning in Hell right now.

This is actually really impressive commitment to a prank

Motherfucker even died for it

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This is the most important piece of advice to all the confessors who whine that they've never been laid/touched a girl/etc.

Confidence.

It's not easy.

This is 100% true, in fact I was going to say the same thing. But, one big caveat: don't overdo it. Some confidence is good; too much confidence turns you into an Axe-wearing douchebag who attracts mindless soroity girls, but repels anyone with a triple digit IQ.

quote:

If you've spent a year volunteering at an animal shelter or a soup kitchen or running a Dungeons and Dragons club or visiting the elderly in nursing homes, nobody can take that away from you.

One of these things is not like the other.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Debt dodger posted:

I live just south of the Mexican/US border now.

Good news: you STUCK IT TO THE MAN!!

Bad news: Mexico.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gynovore posted:

Good news: you STUCK IT TO THE MAN!!

Bad news: Mexico.

Maybe he can help build the wall?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Gynovore posted:

Some confidence is good; too much confidence turns you into an Axe-wearing douchebag who attracts mindless soroity girls

be overconfident- got it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Uncle Jim is the loving man, holy poo poo what a long con

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Danaru posted:

Uncle Jim is the loving man, holy poo poo what a long con

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pranks used to mean something in the old days. Nowadays we just have white kids freaking the poo poo out of black people on YouTube and calling it a "prank"

Godspeed Uncle Jim

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Discovery goon probably accidentally teleported photons or some poo poo, and the #s look like it should be possible to teleport physical objects.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My wife and I have a super healthy and wonderful marriage - no issues there.

I am extremely attracted to both of her sisters, though. One is 3 years older, the other is 2 years younger. Both extremely attractive like my wife. Older sister has some bigger boobs and is a bit more of a PAWG, while younger sister is skinny and has a nice tight body.

I will never act on this but I worry a lot my wife will catch me staring.

I'm guessing she looks a lot like them? Maybe she'd take it as a compliment, he said, chuckling and shaking his head

quote:

When we got married, my wife and I gave up some of our wilder hobbies. No more drugs was the big one. We both enjoyed cocaine pretty routinely, even keeping around 1000 dollars worth in the nightstand to help fuel sexual fun.

My confession is that after giving up cocaine, I started seriously hating my life. I realized my job was dull and boring, the hours of the day just drag on and on, and that my wife and I had much less in common than I thought. We both started suffering from depression. She was also not as attractive as I remembered her being, but I know that's just the withdrawal talking. We also started having problems in the bedroom as I couldn't get it up routinely and she very rarely got off any more.

I let this go on for about a month and then started using cocaine again in secret from my wife. My life improved immensely as I could once again deal with the bullshit of daily life. My wife still struggled with depression and I knew (and still know today) that asking her to do cocaine with me would be an issue and would lead to a divorce. Instead I started secretly slipping her small amounts of cocaine into her protein shakes. That stuff tastes like poo poo anyway, she apparently hasn't noticed the bitter cocaine in there either. Side effects have included her being happy again, being in the mood for sex, and an overall feeling like life is pretty good.

yeah uh you guys should probably get off cocaine again, sorry to be a buzzkill

If your job sucks, you will be depressed regardless of whether you're going through withdrawal or not, so you should stay off coke long enough to actually make it all the way through withdrawal, then quit your job and find a new one. People have crises like these all the time and manage to deal with it without expensive drugs.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

alpaca diseases posted:

be overconfident- got it

Don't forget the Axe body spray. A whole can every time you go out.

And the vodka Red Bull, that's another essential.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Gynovore posted:

If you buy vodka rebulls for bitches they will slob your knob most likely.

of course I live in a trash pit on the land down under so maybe I'm a garbage boy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

I'm guessing she looks a lot like them? Maybe she'd take it as a compliment, he said, chuckling and shaking his head

If your job sucks, you will be depressed regardless of whether you're going through withdrawal or not, so you should stay off coke long enough to actually make it all the way through withdrawal, then quit your job and find a new one. People have crises like these all the time and manage to deal with it without expensive drugs.

Cocaine is REALLY loving BAD

The tolerance for it builds up pretty steeply and your nose is gonna rot off, plus how can you still afford it?
Oh btw, cocaine plus alcohol almost always leads to domestic violence.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

The tolerance for it builds up pretty steeply and your nose is gonna rot off, plus how can you still afford it?

Ya know Whitney Houston?

How come she don't put out any new records?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaethylene

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The twist is that she's been doing the exact same thing to you and you're both going to overdose soon

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

This. Kick the coke, find a job that makes you happy, do the same for your wife if she needs it. When you guys are actually happy in your positions in life then you'll notice all these problems vanish. You can't just keep snorting away all your problems, may as well take care of them now while you're not balls deep in a life built around them.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Counterpoint: cocaine seems like it makes your life fun and exciting so I don't think you should stop.

Mods please change my name to lovely agony aunt

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

You're gonna find one day your life is still boring and lovely on cocaine and you'll be spending shitloads of cash just to keep it that way. This is because your baseline existence is boring and lovely.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Police Automaton posted:

In scientific fields it actually happens quite a bit that someone thinks they discovered some absolute game-changer just to figure out in the end it was some math- or measurement error. Quite funnily, in that regard the confession sounds almost believable.

I know this is late, but don't listen to this guy! That's just what they want you to believe!

Don't X-Fules this poo poo, tell us how you made the car run on water already! :tinfoil:

Motherfucker posted:

If you buy vodka rebulls for bitches they will slob your knob most likely.

of course I live in a trash pit on the land down under so maybe I'm a garbage boy.

gently caress that, live that dream you lucky motherfucker.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Maybe cocaine goon could get a prescription to a cheaper, healthier alternative like Ritalin or something?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just smoke weed idiots

That's free advice for anyone in this thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

got any sevens posted:

its not that bad just really loving expensive. ofc don't secretly slip people it

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

purple death ray posted:

Just smoke weed idiots

I second this. Cocaine is a bitch.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Just smoke weed idiots

Weed makes any activity feel fun, is super cheap, is basically legal depending how white you are, rapidly approaching actually legal depending where you live, is not physically addictive, and probably won't destroy your life unless you don't have a lot else going on. Also weed dealers are the most harmless and unintimidating career criminals in existence. In short I'd highly recommend it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stop drugging your wife and both of you go to rehab. You can't get fired if you go to rehab! May even get it as paid time off depending on how good your HR/benefits are.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

to a poor rear end in a top hat like me announcing you're a coke addict seems like humblebragging tbh. Just destroy your life with alcohol a civilized person.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 8, 2017

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Weed makes any activity feel fun, is super cheap, is basically legal depending how white you are, rapidly approaching actually legal depending where you live, is not physically addictive, and probably won't destroy your life unless you don't have a lot else going on. Also weed dealers are the most harmless and unintimidating career criminals in existence. In short I'd highly recommend it.

Counterpoint: alcoholism is fun, and you're not tedious like high people are :colbert:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you are hanging out with high people and you find them tedious, you're probably not high enough

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

cmon dude, don't quit the rock star lifestyle cold turkey, do weed and alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Gynovore posted:

jagerbombs actually

And you gotta scream it so the whole bar knows what ur drinking

e:

Motherfucker posted:

or any sort of premixed smirnoff/jd's for my fellow down under shithole buddy :hfive:

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 8, 2017