Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

lol every single republican who calls into C-Span sounds like a loving backwards troglodyte while every single democrat sounds like a normal, reasonable person. Nice reminder of what we're up against. Just complete human trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

And yet they ran Hillary Clinton in 2016

Almost like they aren't actually that far left

she ran the most progressive platform in the history of the universe, regardless of how poo poo the messaging was hth

almost like you refuse reality in favor of your own narrative because you have unrealistic expectations :shrug:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

paranoid randroid posted:

James Comey is late for his subcommittee hearing! he runs down the street with a slice of toast in his mouth

does it have avocado on it

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

skylined! posted:

she ran the most progressive platform in the history of the universe, regardless of how poo poo the messaging was hth

almost like you refuse reality in favor of your own narrative because you have unrealistic expectations :shrug:

I'm starting to regret not making that redtext and nastier.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Is this a real thread and how many people in it are woke as gently caress

there's two of them and they're the political equivalent of that one flash tub where the guy screams bloody murder about F Zero

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

skylined! posted:

threatening to withhold your vote when your choice is 'not left enough' and 'the party of killing the poor and disenfranchising people of color' isn't very convincing either.

it's perfectly wonderful to push the party further to the left but ultimately not voting for them because you failed to sway their decision making is stupid, given the current political climate and the consequences therein.

I don't like to vote for people who don't actually represent me just because they're not as bad as the other guy and might eventually do something good

I also have started to pay more attention to local politics and protecting the community than national poo poo since November because the odds of me influencing the party are nil but I can help influence my local politics

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

In the 10 years I've posted on SA your posts haven't gotten better at all. It's fuckin bizarre.

Hey at least it isn't all media reports of minor scientific achievements anymore.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Playstation 4 posted:

I'm starting to regret not making that redtext and nastier.

the tenets of the campaign were further left, especially across social aspects, than any candidate in history. if you disagree i'm happy to listen and adjust my opinion.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

In the 10 years I've posted on SA your posts haven't gotten better at all. It's fuckin bizarre.

I will never be the man you want.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

I have a tall cuba libre and a couple of nice, hot kebabs. I'm ready for Comey's testimony.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

no; hes a homeowner

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't like to vote for people who don't actually represent me just because they're not as bad as the other guy and might eventually do something good
Take this poo poo to the primary relitigation thread or whatever the gently caress thread still exists for this garbage, we're waiting on :siren: piss tape :siren: here :(

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i too refused to vote against trump because although hillary ran on the platform i agree with i didnt believe her and i did believe jill stein but i am going to avoid squatting on the thread and letting out my brown gooey stream of thoughts splash all over the thread on this day, Official Congressional Testimony Day, where fans of congressional testimony get their day in the sun instead of fans of relitigating the 2016 primaries

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

skylined! posted:

The most progressive platform was still centrist poo poo

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

This is a profoundly bad voting strategy when it comes to federal offices.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Lote posted:

Dear god, he's getting too excited. Break out the emergency rum infused ice cream! Two scoops! It may be too late.

Donald does not take alcohol.

So don't tell him what's in this.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ogmius815 posted:

Hey at least it isn't all media reports of minor scientific achievements anymore.

I no longer get grant money from ray kurzweil either :(

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Take this poo poo to the primary relitigation thread or whatever the gently caress thread still exists for this garbage, we're waiting on :siren: piss tape :siren: here :(

He's the one tsk tsking about the importance of voting for people you think are bad I'm.totally happy just discussing piss tape

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The most progressive platform was still centrist poo poo

Faaaaaart.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

avocado not moe.

Edit : great anime debate . Which Donnie kneebender likes moe trash?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Anyone have a link for the hearing?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheScott2K posted:

This is a profoundly bad voting strategy when it comes to federal offices.

You probably should have kept reading

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I also have started to pay more attention to local politics and protecting the community than national poo poo since November because the odds of me influencing the party are nil but I can help influence my local politics

and thusly another republican took his seat among his fellow representatives

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yry9PV3DNfw

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You probably should have kept reading

I did. You caring more about local politics doesn't suddenly mean that when it comes to Congress and the White House, that's a profoundly bad and destructive voting strategy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

skylined! posted:

and thusly another republican took his seat among his fellow representatives

I'm sorry I let Hillary down

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

paranoid randroid posted:

there's two of them and they're the political equivalent of that one flash tub where the guy screams bloody murder about F Zero

Dear Democrats:

YOUR COCKSUCKING CANDIDATE HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF SHE'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my poo poo in handfuls at the loving television in some impotent primal effort to bring Full Communism Now. I have been sitting here trying to support your candidate - YOUR CANDIDATE, THE WINNER OF YOUR PRIMARY, YOUR CONTRACT THAT THIS IS THE PARTY'S BEST CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT - but instead the drat thing's been crawling out of the voting booth and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to the voting booth through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your leadership or party backers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT gives your party money thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy Hillary Clinton. INSULTED.

yup checks out

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This lady looks like she's not as excited for the piss tape as I am.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I hope the feed literally just cuts directly to the piss tape.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
What color is his suit. I'm betting something showboaty like lime or chartreuse.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Sincerely,

Communist Bandit

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
This hearing has been hyped up far too much. I don't think we will get any meaningful new information, and after this the Russia story will die out as the special investigator takes charge.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

hanales posted:

What color is his suit. I'm betting something showboaty like lime or chartreuse.

Blue with a red tie, Washington's version of camouflage.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

hanales posted:

Looks black to me, but I'm a little colorblind so it could be dark navy.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

hanales posted:

Looks like a black suit.

:siren: Comey has been seated :siren:

Please take your regularly scheduled Leftist-Liberal poo poo flinging to one of the quarantine threads.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

This hearing has been hyped up far too much. I don't think we will get any meaningful new information, and after this the Russia story will die out as the special investigator takes charge.

It's gonna be this but also we live in the weirdest timeline so Comey might just pull out his phone and play the piss tape.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

hanales posted:

Slippin' Comey

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

TyrantWD posted:

For the next hour or two there is a small blissful chance that the piss tape will be confirmed

Bathe in it while we still can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Let's analyze all their neckties.

Nice choice, Burr.

• Locked thread