Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

TheScott2K posted:

I hope the feed literally just cuts directly to the piss tape.

presented by Max Headroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

TyrantWD posted:

This hearing has been hyped up far too much. I don't think we will get any meaningful new information, and after this the Russia story will die out as the special investigator takes charge.

Pretty much. The Dems/Left certainly didn't learn a lesson about tempering expectations after Nov 8th.

I mean I want there to be all sorts of revelations, but ultimately I feel like we've set ourselves up to look like bombastic buffoons to the right when all is said and done. Or at least in terms of media talking points.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Thread, I got angry at an influential friend on election night because they didn't vote in Wisconsin and actively campaigned on social media against supporting Clinton because they believed she wasn't progressive enough.

I feel vindicated in my anger, am I wrong? What if the AHCA gets passed?

Basically, at what time is it okay to shame people who allowed this to happen?

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

holy poo poo what a time to randomly wake up and check the front youtube page

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The worst part about testifying must be having to pretend to listen to Senators bloviate.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

CyberPingu posted:

Starts at 10AM ET, which to all EU people watching is 2pm GMT...So ~25 mins away

2 bags of popcorn ready. It's either way too much of Comey the silent G-Man who no-comments everything turns up. Or not enough of Comey 'what's the largest book deal in history' turns up, combined with Trump live-tweeting at the same time.

It's going to be too many, I'm expecting to hear Hillary and 'leaks=bad' more often than russia or trump. It's the hope that kills you.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"This is about Russia, only Russia, this is absolutely not at all about obstruction of justice."

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

"This is about Russia, only Russia, this is absolutely not at all about obstruction of justice."

Followed by "BUT HER EMAILS".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TyrantWD posted:

This hearing has been hyped up far too much. I don't think we will get any meaningful new information, and after this the Russia story will die out as the special investigator takes charge.

Until the next time there''s a big leak or Trump does something monumentally stupid to bring everything back into the spotlight so like 2 days tops.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Boon posted:

Thread, I got angry at an influential friend on election night because they didn't vote in Wisconsin and actively campaigned on social media against supporting Clinton because they believed she wasn't progressive enough.

Nov 9th, 2016

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Boon posted:

How does this person feel now? The fact that you were vindicated makes shaming ok in my book.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Until the next time there''s a big leak or Trump does something monumentally stupid to bring everything back into the spotlight so like 2 days tops.

Remember when the missile strike was supposed to end the Russia scandal forever?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh poo poo, Russian spies engaged in a series of online cyber raids? I shoulda gone with, I needed the clears.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Remember when he gave that speech to Congress and never once said "gently caress?" Bro's bad news lasts way longer than his good news.

How he used that SEAL's widow will never stop being gross.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PREACH!!!!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Xae posted:

The worst part about testifying must be having to pretend to listen to Senators bloviate.

They really love to hear themselves talk

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheScott2K posted:

Remember when he gave that speech to Congress and never once said "gently caress?" Bro's bad news lasts way longer than his good news.

The best part of that was how it only lasted like 2 days before Sessions' perjury came out.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Let's analyze all their neckties.

Nice choice, Burr.

Any bow ties?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

How he comports himself in every visible aspect of his life will never stop being gross.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

come on warner get done already

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Pretty much. The Dems/Left certainly didn't learn a lesson about tempering expectations after Nov 8th.

Without hope...what else do we have?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Vegetable posted:

No, he's roasting the poo poo out of Trump and setting the stage perfectly.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
There's a GDT in case anyone missed it. :getin:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

@riker_googling is livetweeting the testimony

https://twitter.com/RikerGoogling/status/862158345188237312

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, it's bloviating, but he's gotta set it up for the random viewers who don't follow all this stuff.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Bottom Liner posted:

No, he's roasting the poo poo out of Trump and setting the stage perfectly.

Yeah, I'm actually cool with this.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Warner is savage

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Is Comey alive? Dude's a statue

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Craig K posted:

Dear Democrats:

YOUR COCKSUCKING CANDIDATE HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF SHE'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my poo poo in handfuls at the loving television in some impotent primal effort to bring Full Communism Now. I have been sitting here trying to support your candidate - YOUR CANDIDATE, THE WINNER OF YOUR PRIMARY, YOUR CONTRACT THAT THIS IS THE PARTY'S BEST CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT - but instead the drat thing's been crawling out of the voting booth and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to the voting booth through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your leadership or party backers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT gives your party money thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy Hillary Clinton. INSULTED.

yup checks out

I have had an mp3 of that since the post was made and revisit it at least once a year. The best part is how he sounds just like Weird Al.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
drat

"This is not a witch hunt, this is NOT fake news."

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Warner gonna ride this poo poo to the White House

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bottom Liner posted:

drat

Ehhh would have rather he not said that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Oh boy here we go :pervert:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

has pissbaby decided to sit out tweeting today or did his lawyer get it through his thick skull that it would be a bad idea?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Bottom Liner posted:

drat

Still offically one of the worst political cartoons in the last decade:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I hope one of Murdoch's rags has the headline "Comey Baloney" tomorrow morning.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Boon posted:

Yes damnit, that person is a dipshit and we're all suffering because of their idiocy.

Now let's all shut up and watch Comey either trash Trump or break our hearts all over again.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Motherfucking Huff Post stream stops when you are not watching the stream, I want to listen to it, not watch it.
loving cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Comey is pissed.

• Locked thread