Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I still find it funny the original superhyped Warriors team will have gone down in history only getting one ring before they had to get KD. All the talk of that team being a dynasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I still find it funny the original superhyped Warriors team will have gone down in history only getting one ring before they had to get KD. All the talk of that team being a dynasty
They really weren't superhyped until they went on their streak last year, they only had 2 seasons where they were good before getting Durant and if they win more titles they will absolutely be considered a dynasty.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are there certain fanbases that are demonstrably and objectively worse than others or are fans of losing teams just universally and equally sad sack whiners and winning teams smug pricks?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zoux posted:

Are there certain fanbases that are demonstrably and objectively worse than others or are fans of losing teams just universally and equally sad sack whiners and winning teams smug pricks?

Ask your fellow spurs fans

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

How quickly you forget Lebron crying to the league to get Draymond suspended

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tae posted:

Ask your fellow spurs fans

Bashez is loving up the curve

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/872727927095386112

wyd if a man crashed your car with your wife in it

Fuckin a man's wife is one thing but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZVDYTehzqE

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

zoux posted:

anecdotally I'd say Suns fans, but they are all pretty much the same.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
gently caress off JR

https://twitter.com/JosephCasciaro/status/872670818010116098

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

actually this owns

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

this rules lmbo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

actually this owns

The hacking defense in no way owns

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I demand JR answer these allegations in open session of a Congressional investigation committee

e:lol
https://twitter.com/brohsen/status/872715353687601157

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He was the vital piece of what's probably the greatest team of all time. That is independent of whatever weak rear end take you throw out because you're butthurt he left fashion show ballhog Russ

Blame the nbapa and the league for loving up the revenue calcs and allowing this to happen if you wanna get mad.

Lebron didn't win anything without his banana boat buddies or a playing for a team that had a ton of #1 picks. Who cares, Lebron is incredible.
You keep going out of your way to insult Westbrook and it's super weird

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

Are there certain fanbases that are demonstrably and objectively worse than others

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Paul Zuvella posted:

actually this owns

smoothest play earl has made all series

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

The hacking defense in no way owns

I'd give it a :rolleyes: but not a gently caress off

why gently caress off

Panzeh posted:

smoothest play earl has made all series

pretty close to that end of the quarter move where he fell on his face

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

actually Philly owns

Boston, however,

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

On my drive in I listened to the local radio station smugly talk about Lebron the dick-kicker and how Lebron would pass away the winning free throw to Korver because he saw he had an open look.

I was wrong, I was always wrong, Warriors fans are the very worst, we deserved the 3-1 comeback.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

I'd give it a :rolleyes: but not a gently caress off

why gently caress off

It's a gently caress off to the excuse being used 3 billion times and never once being true, doesn't have much to do with JR

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's time to begin the rumormongering https://theringer.com/2017-nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-25e353094845

quote:

Multiple league sources I’ve spoken to think the Lakers or Clippers are viable destinations for King James.

Also, Carmelo Anthony is pissed off because Chris Rock hit on his (ex?) wife. What does this mean? Obviously he wants to get out of New York and go to the Chicago Bulls, in my opinion.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My extremely limited exposure to NBA fans outside of this forum suggests to me that Lakers fans are the worst.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The average weather at a Philly sports event being cloudy with a chance of d cells loving owns

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's a gently caress off to the excuse being used 3 billion times and never once being true, doesn't have much to do with JR

Haha, true enough. But I'll give him some leeway because it was "hacked" in quadruple quotes with a bunch of wink emojis

Cool Buff Man posted:

Also, Carmelo Anthony is pissed off because Chris Rock hit on his (ex?) wife. What does this mean? Obviously he wants to get out of New York and go to the Chicago Bulls, in my opinion.

I was about to post it a few days ago but I decided "eh". Here's a video of Chris Rock on Wendy Williams kinda shooting his shot at LaLa:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4i7JJh0bC/
it is kinda a bit much to say in public

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's true plenty of times, twitter accounts aren't exactly secure. Especially if you use a bad password and use that password somewhere else

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

It's true plenty of times, twitter accounts aren't exactly secure. Especially if you use a bad password and use that password somewhere else

EvanTH posted:

Haha, true enough. But I'll give him some leeway because it was "hacked" in quadruple quotes with a bunch of wink emojis

I was about to post it a few days ago but I decided "eh". Here's a video of Chris Rock on Wendy Williams kinda shooting his shot at LaLa:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4i7JJh0bC/
it is kinda a bit much to say in public

Yea he's a joker I just really wish someone would own up to tweeting something cool for once. If he really got hacked you know drat well some weird nudes would be all over the place today

Chris Rock is gonna get his rear end kicked off by the Digital Underground

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I mean it's also jr, I love him but that boy ain't right sometimes.

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/872828253626662912

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Chairchucker posted:

My extremely limited exposure to NBA fans outside of this forum suggests to me that Lakers fans are the worst.

NBA fanbases are only bad when the team is winning. Exhibit A:

This man courtside at the championship Lakers games is without a doubt the worst person on the planet:

But this guy is actually pretty cool?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

zoux posted:

Boston fans
St. Louis baseball fans
Spurs fans
Duke fans
Jets fans

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I judge fanbases by the stadium feeds on League Pass and if you watch those feeds you would know that Celtics fans the absolute worst. They are truly awful to look at. Every dude looks like an awful fratboy. Every woman looks like they're just about to go to a frat party. Every old man looks like he used to be an awful fratboy. Even the kids look like assholes.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Not me. I look so cool

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
No team's fanbase has children spastically hyper dabbing the moment the camera even comes close to them like the Celtics either.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I mean it's also jr, I love him but that boy ain't right sometimes.

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/872828253626662912
The quoted tweet isn't showing up on mobile :(

https://twitter.com/KINGS0L0M0N/status/872804515107545088

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Why you gotta bash-ez like that?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TildeATH posted:

Why you gotta bash-ez like that?

Some of my best friends are Spurs fans, but...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're about to get swept out of the finals yesterday was a good day to do it because no one, not even local beat writers, is talking about basketball on twitter today.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
one more quick topical one:

This is true and we are also the only team on your list there that is perennially bad and hasn't won a single thing since the 1960s :sigh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To answer my own question I would assume the worst fan base is Warriors fans who are also Yankees fans.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Who are also steelers or pats fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Durant will always be shook to me.

• Locked thread