Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I had to step away and didn't hear that, what was the gist of it?

Paraphrasing but he was asked if he shared any of his memos with the JD and his response was:

"Absolutely not I took it immediately to a friend who is a professor of law at Columbia. "

Pretty much confirms they new the AG was fuckin' dirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

umbrage posted:

Comey is so good at the "Aw, shucks" throwing of shade.

He's putting old Southern ladies to shame with his "bless your heart" game today.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
"Hey guys, you should consider that because Trump lies about loving everything else even if it's a verified fact, he's probably lying about this too. SHOCKER, I KNOW."

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fart City posted:

Easy D gonna hatefuck a burnt steak tonight, I can tell you that.

I can see it now, like that french fry gif he'll have his steak on the table and just be shoveling ketchup onto it while screaming random words
*shovel* BAD HOMBRES! *shovel* NASTY WOMEN! *shovel* BUILD A WALL! *shovel* CHINA!

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

theflyingorc posted:

it sounded like Trump was flat out not being investigated

I reccomend you listen to the Lawfare podcast episode about this from a few weeks ago - they explain it really well, and the guy basically predicts exactly what happened. Trump took a denial of a very specific kind of investigation to mean his campaign wasn't being investigated.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
classified briefing in a classified trump trower room

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It really sounds like Sessions is the one this hearing should be about.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spiritus Nox posted:

That's still up to Congress.
This is still hugely important for the public perception of this whole ordeal. The more this looks bad for trump, the worse it looks for everyone continuing to back him through it all.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Ok, finally lunch time what's happened so far?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

It really sounds like Sessions is the one this hearing should be about.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crain posted:

pissssss tape is (probably) real

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
"Take it to the top of the chain!"

uhhhh wait directly back to him? just wanted to doublecheck.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly if we got rid of Sessions that would at least be a huge boon to every single person in the country not named Sessions o that's what I'll hope for.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Petr posted:

I reccomend you listen to the Lawfare podcast episode about this from a few weeks ago - they explain it really well, and the guy basically predicts exactly what happened. Trump took a denial of a very specific kind of investigation to mean his campaign wasn't being investigated.

I read the article about it. Collins made him clarify a billion times that there was no investigation of any type. I was expecting that, as well.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

The Bloop posted:

pissssss tape is (probably) real

Nice.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Blunt will be the biggest Trump defender during this testimony.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Haha, man the Republican lines here are all over the place. "If you hated your job why didn't you quit!?!" It's like he held a job in the mail room and if the big boss tells you to do something you either do it or quit!

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I love the Republican narrative that this is Comey's fault for letting Trump say illegal things to him

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Captain Invictus posted:

This is still hugely important for the public perception of this whole ordeal. The more this looks bad for trump, the worse it looks for everyone continuing to back him through it all.

This is also where the whole 'Everyone knows Trump is a loving liar' reputation is going to bite him in the rear end.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Crain posted:

James Comey has delivered the TV/IV that news organizations hoped for.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Crain posted:

People thought this was a nothingburger. This is not a nothingburger.

Also comey as I thought he would basically throw out his memo yesterday and then go into other stuff today, and he did exactly that. Was like "I put it out, go read it, let's talk other stuff", and he's been stonewalling the Republicans the whole time, he's a pro at this as he should be

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

lmao

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

#NoFuzz

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Paracaidas posted:

More people were upset by the other two excuses given with equal or greater frequency- Mueller and quasi privilege.

It's clear that Mueller hasn't told these folks to clam up, but they're using his presence to refuse to disclose information to the Senate. It's unclear if refusing disclosure would be justified even had Mueller told them to STFU, since the senate is not required to stop working just because there is a special counsel.

Quasi privilege is what seemed to really be getting the committee worked up, and overlaps a bit with classification. White House is allowed to claim executive privilege and essentially stonewall discussion-but like the 5th, it has to be asserted. Splitting the hairs of "I was never directed" while refusing to answer if they were asked would arguably waive privilege and seems difficult to justify from a classification standpoint.

It was good on Wyden to actually pressure their asses on reauth though. Frankly the lies, horseshit, and stonewalling on that was more flagrant than on Trump.

Also, strongly dislike that she's coming up in 2020 chat, but Harris had the perfect reaction to Burr deciding she was the one who needed to be reprimanded for badgering the nonresponsive fucks
https://mobile.twitter.com/mikalapaula/status/872529567143079937

Right, what's throwing me is there was never an out and out refusal that I recall - just assertion that it should be in closed session.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

No fuzz x2

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the room vs the phone.

Shut up Blunt.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly if we got rid of Sessions that would at least be a huge boon to every single person in the country not named Sessions o that's what I'll hope for.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

shut up blunt

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/872838297713815552

Donald Jr. Is a loving idiot

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Blunt is trying so hard right now. He's failing, but he really is trying.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mynnna posted:

Right, what's throwing me is there was never an out and out refusal that I recall - just assertion that it should be in closed session.

there was zero legal reason for them to refuse to answer

they just didn't want to admit it but didn't want to lie, but repeatedly refused to answer without any legal basis

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah like, no foolin' if this scandal wastes Sessions it will be a massive good for the world.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Wow, the entire Trump family has paid for bots to like and retweet everything they say lmao

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I like how he is stressing that he is a private citizen

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Seagulls at the beach lol

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
:stare:

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Yay! It's King! :D

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Blunt also got the memo about "why is the only thing that didn't leak the fact that the pres isn't being investigated" I see

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KKKLIP ART posted:

I like how he is stressing that he is a private citizen

Yeah he's trouncing them on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation