Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

"Potentially." Oh my god, now he's getting cute.

Dogetax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

highme posted:

Comey gave one of his non-classified memos to his friend at Columbia Law that gave it to the press. He was the one right after Comey was fired doing all the PR work for Comey.

TO add

This was actually specifically discussed moments later, Comey clarified that the memos we NOT classified, and as a private citizen he had the right to give them out to whomever he chose. So at least that was added to the record.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Raylen posted:

Lankford's entire education is solely based on Baptist ministry so he can rightly gently caress off
By the end of the "praying for you" bit I already hated him.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Raylen posted:

lmao Republicans are latching on to the "WHY WASN'T IT LEAKED THAT THE PRESIDENT WASN'T UNDER INVESTIGATION??? HMMMMM"

The President "leaked" that himself in his letter of dismissal.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Did the president or any of his staff or the head of the NSA try to break the law after the time the president broke the law the first time?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

"Pretty light touch."

No, that's not a pretty light touch.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Nuke Oklahoma.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Going with the 'light treason' defense eh

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
"How would he get him to tell you to stop the investigation"

Uhh? ask him?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
"I mean, when the President allegedly broke the law here, he kinda pussyfooted about it, don't you think?"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

"if the president wanted to stop an investigation, how do?"

lol please help us prevent you from convicting us

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
"Hey, tell us how the President can stop an investigation"

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This is some really dumb questioning.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

BobTheJanitor posted:

Going with the 'light treason' defense eh

That's literally their entire argument. "well, he didn't specifically ask you to end an investigation. only that he HOPED you would"

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
This dude is so loving white.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Oh Jesus Comey just let Trump know that he can order an investigation of anyone he wants to.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Ratmtattat posted:

This is some really dumb questioning.
Dumb person, dumb questions!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Comey shutting this dub question down

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
I only caught some of this on my way to work but the part where Comey essentially said "Literally the entire intelligence community is in agreement about broad and severe russian involvement in the US election and this is a bipartisan issue"

:staredog:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Raylen posted:

lmao Republicans are latching on to the "WHY WASN'T IT LEAKED THAT THE PRESIDENT WASN'T UNDER INVESTIGATION??? HMMMMM"

He keeps answering, with regard to why didn't he say so publicly, "because in the future he could be under investigation and then we'd have a duty to correct the record" so often I have his answer memorized (but not enough that the quotes are word-for-word as he presents). They're just trying to do nothing but discredit him. It serves no purpose asking why something was leaked or wasn't leaked except to suggest that Comey is directly behind all the leaking, because this hearing is for questioning, and it makes no sense to ask someone something they have no way of knowing.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

This guy is dumb AF, holy hell.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Yeah cool to have an outright statement of full Russian involvment in the election.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

5bux this moron asks about ***her emails***

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

highme posted:

Comey gave one of his non-classified memos to his friend at Columbia Law that gave it to the press. He was the one right after Comey was fired doing all the PR work for Comey.

Thanks all!

:argh:

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
Oh cool, focus on Clinton instead of Trump. You suck, Lankford.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Somewhere, McMagic is screaming.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

JoelJoel posted:

5bux this moron asks about ***her emails***

*dingdingding*

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Oh hey it's mcmagic's favorite senator

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah that OK senator just got everything he wanted.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
gently caress James lankford

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

Somewhere, McMagic is screaming.

As long as he's not doing it here :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really genuinely do not understand how you can mention Clinton's Emails in a post-Trump era and not burst into sheer flames of hypocrisy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man comey is diving in headfirst into the Russian threat, good

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
"Look we all know the Trump administration is corrupt but wouldn't you also agree that Hillary is a pedophile witch and also e-mails?"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

COMEY 2020

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JoelJoel posted:

This guy is dumb AF, holy hell.
He's from Oklahoma.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Dude def wants to run for president himself.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
"Hey, you! Russians! Only the goddamned CIA can gently caress with other countries' elections!"

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Manchin set up Comey beautifully for that rant. And now we're onto the tapes and asking for them to be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
He calls the tape bluff.

TAKE THE BAIT DONALD

• Locked thread