Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

EEEEEEEEEEEEEMAILSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
hmm but have you considered: eeeeeeeEEEEEMAILS???

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
hey guys lets talk about emails

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

TheGreyGhost posted:

Ehhhhhh, let's not go this far. Cotton's no policy wonk. If anything he's the anti-Ryan, since he's all about blustery flyover populism.

Neither is Paul Ryan.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
Back to the Clinton investigation!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/87284...ed64337f69e%2F0

Full on legal defense of "Can't obstruct justice without intent. He is too dumb to intend."

I really genuinely can not loving understand how "He isn't smart enough to be President" isn't followed by "So we should have someone else." He isn't starting his first week at Burgers N' Buns.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Next tell us about how amazing it is that a republican won the ec.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

aware of dog posted:

Neither is Paul Ryan.

Let me rephrase. Ryan's a policy purist. Cotton's about whatever keeps his constituents behind him long enough to run for President.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I really genuinely can not loving understand how "He isn't smart enough to be President" isn't followed by "So we should have someone else." He isn't starting his first week at Burgers N' Buns.

Don't insult fast food workers like that. They didn't do anything to be insulted so harshly.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JoelJoel posted:

Next tell us about how amazing it is that a republican won the ec.

"Mr Comey isn't it true that President Trump's inauguration had the biggest crowds ever?"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is beautiful.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
HER EMAILS!!!!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Emails are the real story here

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"I didn't call for a special counsel because there was no case." lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, Comey's thing wasn't a nothing burger?

Also, the asshat trump voter who sits in the cube behind him kept calling Comey a narc and pussy, out-loud, in the middle of an office until the boss-man came around and told him to shut the gently caress up or he's fired, so that was nice.

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!
Not sure this discussion on emails works well for the Rs. Just seems to confirm his integrity surely?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Paul Ryan is trying very hard to save his own rear end by shamelessly kissing Trump's.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Poor Comey, he's gonna have to wear a vest and check his car for explosives because if Putin doesn't send in a hitman, Trump certainly will

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Night10194 posted:

"I didn't call for a special counsel because there was no case." lol

So very good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Full on legal defense of "Can't obstruct justice without intent. He is too dumb to intend."

ignorance of the law has never been a valid defense.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

Also, the asshat trump voter who sits in the cube behind him kept calling Comey a narc and pussy, out-loud, in the middle of an office until the boss-man came around and told him to shut the gently caress up or he's fired, so that was nice.

Let's frame it this way:

It should NOT be a nothing burger but we'll have to see what the actual impact is.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
It's amazing how much Republicans seem to want to beat the dead horse of an election THAT THEY loving WON.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMALES EMALES EMALES

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

"You should have gotten a team for it!"
"I knew that wasn't necessary."
"But that team could have decided that!"

I guess no faith in FBI from the Republicans.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 8, 2017

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
"Let's talk about loyalty. Why aren't you loyal to your president?"

EDIT: Jack Reed's mouth moves like Kermit's when he talks.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
and now, Senator Droopy Dog

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I get the feeling that this Mr Reed would make a great ventriloquist

Look how little his mouth moves

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"Mr Comey did Hillary commit a crime with emails?"

"No."

"But isn't there a possibility that she broke the law with emails?"

"No."

"Buuuuut couldn't there, conceivably, maybe, be an email scandal possibly?"

"No."

"Alright well that's my time"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Groovelord Neato posted:

ignorance of the law has never been a valid defense.

A charge against the President is a political charge.

Now that there are actual actions confirmed and identified, the Republican goal is discredit or muddy the validity of any potential charge because there was no intent.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

and now, Senator Droopy Dog

I want a recording of senator Reed reading literally anything out loud. It would knock me the gently caress out after five minutes.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Logically the candidate's knowledge would logically be included in the investigation.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/DandelionDollar/status/872843475762290688

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

"There was an explanation but I just don't buy it"
:drat:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

theres an explanation i just dont buy it

savage

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

TLM3101 posted:

I want a recording of senator Reed reading literally anything out loud. It would knock me the gently caress out after five minutes.

https://youtu.be/grTNYLg4mtY

Sen. Jack Reed Questions Secretary Geithner on Regulating Derivative Markets

You're welcome.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It's a nice sentiment when the two parties he talks about are both well-meaning actors with a love of their nation and fellow countrymen who disagree on the methods by which America can best be served.
It's not as nice when the primary points of contention are whether or not women, ethnic minorities, and LGBTQ people are, in fact, people.

Like, I'm not faulting Comey for his optimism, just saying that it really doesn't make the last year seem less awful than it was. Republicans are still monstrous people who have no place in a civilized society.

Well, again, it's not all Republicans in general. Lots just vote that way because they have some single issue they tend to support like jobs which Republicans are really loud mouthed about. There's also the terrorism thing that the gullible eat up as only Republicans can stop because Dems are limp wristed babies. So he's not entirely wrong, and in the end his overlying message that we need to stop putting party over country are about spot on as loving possible.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

farraday posted:

You're welcome.
i fell asleep halfway through this sentence

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Covok posted:

LOL man to live in a right to work(or whatever it's called) state must be great.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

farraday posted:

You're welcome.

Yeeeeessssss. I will never have insomnia again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

TLM3101 posted:

Until you get a recording of Reed after being told "make sex noises," and then you never sleep again.

• Locked thread