Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Comey is handling this really well. I wonder if he's had a parent or grandparent suffer from dementia because he's remarkably patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Congratuations, McCain. You've finally reached the end stage of the your attempt to mimic Reagan.

its dementia

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
They are trying to tell him he is running out of time and he keeps sundowning! :o

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Comey: "... :psyduck:"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dude, McCain is making a lot of people deeply disturbed right now

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Wait, so he's pissed that they proved Clinton didn't collude and they haven't done the same for Trump?!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Oh holy poo poo I wish I had a screenshot of Comey's concerned and confused wide-eyed stare while McCain was rambling. "poo poo. Is he dying? Is McCain literally going to stroke out and die right now?!"

edit: well, hell
is actually exactly that look.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That's not a question I can answer, senator.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
McCain: "Uhhh Mr Comey why haven't you emailed an investigation on Trump when the Russians are phones and the scandal hearing!?"

Comey: :catstare:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

McCain seemed to be implying that all investigations take the same amount of time to conclude, and that they are unfairly dragging Trump's investigation on.

Well no, the email server investigation was pretty straightforward and easy to investigate. This Trump poo poo is complex and will take a while.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, did McCain just sundown on national TV?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BiohazrD posted:

Congratuations, McCain. You've finally reached the end stage of the your attempt to mimic Reagan.

its dementia

Oh gently caress

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
If it's not senility (and it seemed too politically directed for actual senility) then GOP must have some truly terrifying tapes of McCain, like he must have murdered a prostitute or something.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

JoelJoel posted:

That's not a question I can answer, senator.

:discourse:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Whats this vote?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Comey is handling this really well. I wonder if he's had a parent or grandparent suffer from dementia because he's remarkably patient.

nice pic

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Night10194 posted:

So, did McCain just sundown on national TV?

pretty much yep

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is there a 25th Amendment equivalent for Senators because I think McCain might need it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Retro42 posted:

Wait, so he's pissed that they proved Clinton didn't collude and they haven't done the same for Trump?!

I thiiiiiink? Seriously who loving knows.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You concluded one investigation, therefore you should conclude all investigation. And the conclusion should be the same. Why have not do this email Hillary electoral colllllllaagghhhh... ZzzzZZzzzZz

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I laughed so hard when he said "President Comey"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, I think that went well.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/markfollman/status/872804891512590338

~20 tweet summation of his open session testimony and the questions.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Fox News is openly saying that Comey was very credible and his testimony was deeply disturbing

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Raylen posted:

Hahahaha, all of these Republicans trying to shift back to the Clinton emails. I know it's because that was the "justification" for Comey's firing but it's still such a dumb line of questioning.

You'd think a guy that Trump just short of literally poo poo on would be playing less for the Republican ball game

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Well, this is bad. Part of the calculation that the GOP might fail to get to 50 assumed that Dean Heller might want to continue being a Senator after 2018. If he's willing to sacrifice his career for the AHCA, that makes it easier to find the votes.

https://twitter.com/PeterSullivan4/status/872850232215834624

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If that kind of testimony was given about a Democratic President impeachment would start that same day.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
The entire world just saw the ugly clot living in John McCain rear its ugly head briefly, cause a mild stroke, then subside back to a fitful slumber.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

You'd think a guy that Trump just short of literally poo poo on would be playing less for the Republican ball game

I'll have you know that John McCain knows all about the emails in the scandal and the firing of the server and he's gonna tell you all about it you goddamn kids

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Rubio listening to McCain

:same:

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

SocketWrench posted:

Party before country :(

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I need a video of McCain sundowning.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is the closed hearing later today?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

If it's not senility (and it seemed too politically directed for actual senility) then GOP must have some truly terrifying tapes of McCain, like he must have murdered a prostitute or something.

He's Trip's real dad.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Listening to the WaPo stream, not happy that they categorized what Comey did as a "leak" but at least they pointed out why he gave that information out.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Fox News is openly saying that Comey was very credible and his testimony was deeply disturbing

Deeply disturbing in that Comey DIDNT LOCK HER AND OBAMA UP!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

What the he'll was McCain going on about? It made absolutely no sense... It's unfair that the investigation into Her EMALs is closed because the Russian one is ongoing?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Clearly McCain is just taking a bullet for party, faking dementia to shift the story away from Comey and toward his own mental health :downs:

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Rigel posted:

Well, this is bad. Part of the calculation that the GOP might fail to get to 50 assumed that Dean Heller might want to continue being a Senator after 2018. If he's willing to sacrifice his career for the AHCA, that makes it easier to find the votes.

Very not happy about the abrupt shift in tone in the Senate on this loving garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rigel posted:

I've been severely overestimating how much they think passing this will hurt them

I hope I'm right and not them

• Locked thread