Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How are they going to get anything done during the closed session if it starts at 1pm and they have a vote at 1:45pm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A lot of you guys say "gently caress you so and so" when some senators come on to talk and I never really done that.

But when McCain started rambling about Clinton for his entire 7 minutes I couldn't help but say gently caress you McCain.

Me too and I generally agree with the guy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"[McCain's] time has expired"

No loving kidding.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not about emailz obviously.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

tecnocrat posted:

Holy Jesus tell me someone is running against McCain soon. His staff is pulling a "Weekend at Bernie's", have to be.

He just got reelected, so he's not gone till at least 2020 or 2022.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alter Ego posted:

He just got reelected, so he's not gone till at least 2020 or 2022.

They'll just take his seat when it vacates.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Josh Lyman posted:

How are they going to get anything done during the closed session if it starts at 1pm and they have a vote at 1:45pm?

They drink champagne and laugh at the rubes who think this will mean something.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Why didn't you talk back to the President?" -GOP Senators

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Me too and I generally agree with the guy.

Maybe it's because he is more well-known and fresh in the public mind.

I didn't see everyone else speak, were any of the other republican senators on the same level of crazy as McCain or instead more spiteful-crazy then senile-crazy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol rubio's face as mccain was talking

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Since it's closed there's no grandstanding.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So is it over?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Without everyone posturing for the camera I bet these things go considerably faster.

Edit: wrong quote at first

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

DarkCrawler posted:

She's 105 Jesus Christ

when she was born China still had an Emperor

Titanic hadn't sunk yet

Bolsheviks were founded

Arizona was not a state

Poland didn't exist.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'd give one of my kidneys to sit in on the classified hearing.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Endorph posted:

So that's what Crying Jordan looks like from behind.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lote posted:

Poland didn't exist.

"Austria-Hungary was a thing when I was born"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like McCain's time was half taken up by him just slowly rambling and talking 10 words per minute, half of which he got confused when talking to president Comey.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lote posted:

Poland didn't exist.

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around this. When she was born movies were silent. Movies were slowly becoming "talkies". She was 29 when Citizen Cain came out.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

I love this photo.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

AbsolutelySane posted:

He must have been a terrible officer. He got the 'I participated' Bronze Star and nothing else in five years of service. Either that or whoever curates his wiki page is leaving a bunch of poo poo out.

He's got a pretty bog standard junior captain's career. Like you say, getting a BSM without a "V" device for a company-grade officer is standard. I'm sure he's got stuff like an ARCOM or AAM in addition to the other stuff everyone gets.

The quote that confirms your terrible officer assessment is the other stuff in the Iraq section, namely writing an open letter to the NYT without telling anyone in your chain of command. When he finally met the battalion commander, he was simply told "Well, here’s a piece of advice: You’re new here. No one’s trying to infringe on your right to send a letter or whatnot. But next time, give your chain of command a heads-up."

"The Times did not publish the letter, but it was published on Power Line, a conservative blog which had been copied on the email." I'm sure he copied the Power Line blog onto the email for reasons other than ego.

Someone mentioned Ranger School and that's also standard for infantry officers. There's a big difference between passing Ranger School and serving in the regiment.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Flubby posted:

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around this. When she was born movies were silent. Movies were slowly becoming "talkies". She was 29 when Citizen Cain came out.

People who are over a century old freak me out.

You made it to 100

What are you still doing here

What could you possibly not have seen- oh yeah Trump is president

Okay I'd stick around to see what the gently caress is going to happen too.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Flubby posted:

Within your lifetime every living survivor of both world wars will have died. Embrace entropy.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

TIL people are old wow

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

my grandmother is 105 also, should i trot her out to job interviews?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

big boi posted:

TIL people are old wow
Silvio Berlusconi is the same age as McCain. A tribute to plastic surgery.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DarkCrawler posted:

People who are over a century old freak me out.

You made it to 100

What are you still doing here

What could you possibly not have seen- oh yeah Trump is president

Okay I'd stick around to see what the gently caress is going to happen too.

Women couldn't vote when she was born, and she watched popular music go from Al Jolson to Pitbull lol

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

manchego posted:

He's got a pretty bog standard junior captain's career. Like you say, getting a BSM without a "V" device for a company-grade officer is standard. I'm sure he's got stuff like an ARCOM or AAM in addition to the other stuff everyone gets.

The quote that confirms your terrible officer assessment is the other stuff in the Iraq section, namely writing an open letter to the NYT without telling anyone in your chain of command. When he finally met the battalion commander, he was simply told "Well, here’s a piece of advice: You’re new here. No one’s trying to infringe on your right to send a letter or whatnot. But next time, give your chain of command a heads-up."

"The Times did not publish the letter, but it was published on Power Line, a conservative blog which had been copied on the email." I'm sure he copied the Power Line blog onto the email for reasons other than ego.

Someone mentioned Ranger School and that's also standard for infantry officers. There's a big difference between passing Ranger School and serving in the regiment.

He gave his V to Gorka.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Pollyanna posted:

I heard McCain had a stroke?
If he did, that's deeply disturbing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/LoopEmma/status/872855606604038144

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

No Butt Stuff posted:

my grandmother is 105 also, should i trot her out to job interviews?

Have her run for Senator of Arizona

Couldn't do worse

drat this could seriously be like the one family dinner a year when everyone has to sit and listen granpa/grandma drone on

Identical faces

EDIT: Feinstein is the child who can't believe this is what their parent has been reduced to

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 8, 2017

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is the hearing over

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Caros posted:

Within your lifetime every living survivor of both world wars will have died. Embrace entropy.

People are going to look back at (most) of us living at the dawn of the internet in the same way we look at things like this or the invention of radio, if not moreso.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Josh Lyman posted:

"Why didn't you talk back to the President?" -GOP Senators

Is it the FBI directors job to painstakingly educate the President on how the US government works? Or should he assume that he's the President, he knows what President means.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DarkCrawler posted:

Have her run for Senator of Arizona

Couldn't do worse

drat this could seriously be like the one family dinner a year when everyone has to sit and listen granpa/grandma drone on

Identical faces

EDIT: Feinstein is the child who can't believe this is what their parent has been reduced to

Feinstein is 3 years older than McCain

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cabbit posted:

People are going to look back at (most) of us living at the dawn of the internet in the same way we look at things like this or the invention of radio, if not moreso.

gently caress, I dealt with this yesterday. My girlfriend (who is a decade my junior) was joking about how we lived without google, and it occurred to me that she was like... nine when google became the defacto search engine for the entire world. She never really lived in the dark time of altavista, webcrawler and netscape navigator.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

Is it the FBI directors job to painstakingly educate the President on how the US government works? Or should he assume that he's the President, he knows what President means.
It's like a college student being hinting at a better grade in exchange for sex. You don't want to explicitly address the issue because you can't believe they would even bring it up because they should know better.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Caros posted:

gently caress, I dealt with this yesterday. My girlfriend (who is a decade my junior) was joking about how we lived without google, and it occurred to me that she was like... nine when google became the defacto search engine for the entire world. She never really lived in the dark time of altavista, webcrawler and netscape navigator.
I remember when people were using altavista in middle school and you had to use Boolean search strings

Personally, I was a hotbot guy.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Caros posted:

Dogpile was the poo poo.

Can you believe that https://excite.com still exists? I sure can't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
McCain had to get in there and be "very troubled" about something on the big stage today. He's never met a camera he didn't love.

• Locked thread