Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You should be able to get two from full height and you can reset it for another with a metered DB1. I don't get much practice with SG in the corner though so maybe other people know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am in Goon Lantern Corps myself and we were doing awesome at first in the guild rankings but have since fallen behind on doing guild multiverse. Guild multiverse isn't fun due to the difficulty and you can't use AI. :/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Are people really having trouble with the guild towers? I am total trash at this game and overpower all but the bosses with OP gear + super basic combos.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I wasn't having too much trouble with most of the towers but having a tower that has 7 fights and requires 50 completions is just insane

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

exquisite tea posted:

Are people really having trouble with the guild towers? I am total trash at this game and overpower all but the bosses with OP gear + super basic combos.

Usually it's some horseshit modifier that's the big dealbreaker, along with pretty ridiculous amounts of times you need to clear stuff to finish the multiverse.

Also, I can only speak for myself here, but a lot of my game time's gone into leveling characters and getting gear so I have more options for later.
One the leveling's done, I should have more time to dedicate on other stuff like guild multiverse.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

I wasn't having too much trouble with most of the towers but having a tower that has 7 fights and requires 50 completions is just insane

Yeah I'd say any tower that requires more than 10 completions is just way out of line with what some random strangers are actually willing to contribute.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's not that guild towers are hard. It's that there's other things in game more enjoyable than getting minor motion sickness?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

exquisite tea posted:

I joined Dark Empire last week but it seems like I'm like one of two people actually doing the towers, haha.

Oh, haha, I think I'm the other person, and I'm doing them super sporadically.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
You should be able to see the modifiers for a tower in advance so I can know to safely avoid any towers with obnoxious visual effects.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The guild multiverse has a methed-up Deadshot with 50,000 health as a boss this week. At least it's pretty good practice against that type of zoning I guess.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Yeah, I was running Guild Multiverse all the drat time (Goon Lanterns) but for the past few weeks it's just been absolute poo poo. Two bosses, one is Deadshot, high clear count requirements across the board, it's like they want people to drop off this.

fucked-up birthday
Sep 7, 2006

!Klams posted:

Oh, haha, I think I'm the other person, and I'm doing them super sporadically.

I pop in and do a tower sometimes until the bullshit modifiers piss me off then back to regular multiverse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
cyborg really doesn't work as regime goon, i feel like.

like he just comes off as... mean. wonder woman and superman and robin I get why they're angsty, warrior culture, deep personal grief and hosed up upbringing. and black adam is a literal dictator

but cyborg should have got over beast boy and co at that point, or gave him a better reasoning than "Fascism is great! BOOYAH!"

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 8, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cyborg doesn't work as anything in anything

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

"That's how we do it in Motown" :confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

cyborg really doesn't work as regime goon, i feel like.

like he just comes off as... mean. wonder woman and superman and robin I get why they're angsty, warrior culture, deep personal grief and hosed up upbringing. and black adam is a literal dictator

but cyborg should have got over beast boy and co at that point, or gave him a better reasoning than "Fascism is great! BOOYAH!"

I'm not really sure why deep personal grief works for Superman but not for Cyborg.

"My best friends all died in the nuclear bombing of a major city, gently caress that happening again" seems reasonable as a viewpoint for someone to have. At least moreso than Hal "guess I got scared" Jordan and Barry "I knew it was wrong but hey, Superman" Allen.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I thought a bunch of the Teen Titans were locked up in Phantom Zone jail by evil Superman. How did Cyborg justify that one?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Crowetron posted:

I thought a bunch of the Teen Titans were locked up in Phantom Zone jail by evil Superman. How did Cyborg justify that one?

BOOYAH TOUCHDOWN!!!

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Crowetron posted:

Does he know they're stuck there? Or did Supes just say "they were lost in the blast, sorry bro"?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, jugging two completely different fighting games is pretty mentally taxing. Even one day away from this playing Tekken has me feeling all mushy and slow at the controls, I had to spend a half hour in practice mode just getting the timing of everything back

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They retconned Evil Superman in this one as a reasonable fellow who is just trying to do what makes the most sense to him (and was manipulated by Wonder Woman), rather than the previous game's tyrannical sociopath who horrifically murdered Billy Batson in front of everyone because he expressed doubt.

So when you do the Superman ending and he immediately uses the Brainiac ship to lobotomize Batman it doesn't really ring true to the character they established in this game.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not really sure why deep personal grief works for Superman but not for Cyborg.

"My best friends all died in the nuclear bombing of a major city, gently caress that happening again" seems reasonable as a viewpoint for someone to have. At least moreso than Hal "guess I got scared" Jordan and Barry "I knew it was wrong but hey, Superman" Allen.

Hal has always been a moron and at least in normal circumstances you could count on Superman's moral compass, so you're more likely to listen to him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no retcon he's just a liar.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Actually, with Starfire being DLC, the only dead Titans are Beast Boy and Dick Grayson, and Cyborg has no problem working with the person responsible for Dick's death.

Injustice Cyborg loving sucks.

fucked-up birthday
Sep 7, 2006

Crowetron posted:

Cyborg loving sucks.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

There's no retcon he's just a liar.

Yeah that's always been IJ Supes' warped perspective on things, as time goes on he just further crystallizes it into this catch-all ends-justify-the-means handwave for any monstrous act. He's in Frank Castle territory now, Lois/Metropolis is as much his casus belli as his greatest tragedy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is about as close as you get to Cyborg having second thoughts about anything from the comic:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Somehow, Black Adam is the least douchey Regime member.

Crowetron posted:

and Cyborg has no problem working with the person responsible for Dick's death.

That rock?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Crowetron posted:

Actually, with Starfire being DLC, the only dead Titans are Beast Boy and Dick Grayson, and Cyborg has no problem working with the person responsible for Dick's death.

Injustice Cyborg loving sucks.

Beast Boy and Wally West both died in Metropolis, Tim Drake was alive when he went into Phantom Zone exile with the rest. Technically Superboy was alive too, in the sense that he hadn't yet succumb to his injuries...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kalli posted:

This is about as close as you get to Cyborg having second thoughts about anything from the comic:

I think he had some second thoughts when Superman was like 'hey get rid of all the footage of me killing like, a poo poo-ton of dudes or I'll get rid of you'.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Funky Valentine posted:

Somehow, Black Adam is the least douchey Regime member.

I think that's because he's been in the authoritarian game for way longer than the others, and has been sufficiently adept at it that he has the loyalty and trust of most of his people. Methods aside, Adam does sincerely care about his nation and its wellbeing, while for Supes and WW it's largely a matter of their own self indulgence.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

McSpanky posted:

Beast Boy and Wally West both died in Metropolis, Tim Drake was alive when he went into Phantom Zone exile with the rest. Technically Superboy was alive too, in the sense that he hadn't yet succumb to his injuries...

Bart was the one who died in Metropolis, not Wally.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That shazzam poo poo gets old quick though

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Am I the only one turned off by Black Adam because he looks, sounds, and acts like your girlfriend's dad?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DaveKap posted:

Am I the only one turned off by Black Adam because he looks, sounds, and acts like your girlfriend's dad?

He has a weird look to him yeah, he looks burnt out. Superman also looks fairly strange.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DaveKap posted:

"In Khandaq, boyfriends bring their girlfriends home by seven o'clock."

"But it's 6:30 -"

"DO YOU QUESTION THE WISDOM OF ZEHUTY?!"

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I thought Damian was somehow involved in that blunder, or did they decide to just ignore that line in Injustice 1 where Batman accuses Damien of killing Dick?

McSpanky posted:

I forgot Kid Flash and Superboy were Titans since my main exposure to the team was the cartoon. Still seems weird that Cyborg is cool with locking up most of his friends in hell-jail and fine with Shazam's murder if his motivation is the death of his peers.

DaveKap posted:

He looks eerily close to young photos of my Grandpa so it's really weird when he kicks my rear end.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 8, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Superman's "I don't kill children!" line is absolute hilarious considering Captain Marvel was at most 15 years old.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Superman's "I don't kill children!" line is absolute hilarious considering Captain Marvel was at most 15 years old.

He grew up in Kansas

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Funky Valentine posted:

Doesn't Harley call him out on this?

I never cared too much for HQ in the regular universe, but I'm a fan of IJ Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah I really like Harley as a protagonist instead of Next-Level Battered Wife and I like that they wrote her as Kind-Of hosed Up Robin.

• Locked thread