Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

zoux posted:

If you're about to get swept out of the finals yesterday was a good day to do it because no one, not even local beat writers, is talking about basketball on twitter today.

sucks when Rubio is trending in NYC but it has nothing to do with his imminent midseason trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not me. I look so cool

Facts Only Zone. Also when I get back to Memphis I'm gonna make your cool gift

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
So, what's everyone's opinion regarding Kevin Love's chances to get dealt this offseason if the Cavs get swept out? It seems like he's the default scapegoat anytime something goes wrong

NickRoweFillea posted:

Facts Only Zone. Also when I get back to Memphis I'm gonna make your cool gift

You're the best, Nick.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

idk anything about the chances of it happening but they would be heinously dumb to do it. he might be more important to the way they play than kyrie is.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Kyrie for Gordon Hayward. Who says no? :v:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I wonder if, when the news broke that KD was signing with the Warriors, LeBron felt that twinge of resignation, the realization another year of greatness was about to be stolen from him

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's time to begin the rumormongering https://theringer.com/2017-nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-25e353094845

Also, Carmelo Anthony is pissed off because Chris Rock hit on his (ex?) wife. What does this mean? Obviously he wants to get out of New York and go to the Chicago Bulls, in my opinion.

Go West Mr. James. LeBron on the Clippers would own. If he went to the Lakers, how would the anti-LeBron Lakers/Kobe fans react?

zoux posted:

Bashez is loving up the curve

Bashez has been one of the best posters here for years.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Kibner posted:

Kyrie for Gordon Hayward. Who says no? :v:

Trade Kyrie and T. Thomson to clippers for DeAndre & sign cp3

I honestly hope Hayward goes east to one team or another, the West is stacked and a lil boring. Would feel a lil bad for Jazz tho they got a nice thing percolating there

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Paul Zuvella posted:

actually this owns

Time posted:

this rules lmbo

Can't wait till he kills someone else drunk driving.

:cheers:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The worst fanbase is always going to be the team which recently got good.

Cleveland was an exception because they know who they are.

It's just funny to me that people are going to complain about Lebron flailing when he made no real contact. A lot of people flail, Draymond follows through.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Can't wait till he kills someone else drunk driving.

:cheers:

Because that event and his tweet are closely related.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Kibner posted:

Because that event and his tweet are closely related.

He's a spoiled little brat who's never had to take responsibility for his behavior. The tweet and his bullshit afterwards are pretty indicative of who he is as a person.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is with a heavy heart I must inform you that JR Smith dastardly deleted a tweet :eng99:

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

The worst fanbase is always going to be the team which recently got good.

Cleveland was an exception because they know who they are.

It's just funny to me that people are going to complain about Lebron flailing when he made no real contact. A lot of people flail, Draymond follows through.

Wait, is it controversial that Lebron was trying to draw contact by kicking his leg out? Like are people saying that didn't happen?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's a spoiled little brat who's never had to take responsibility for his behavior. The tweet and his bullshit afterwards are pretty indicative of who he is as a person.

was he drunk? its not saying that in god's most perfect source, wikipedia

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's time to begin the rumormongering https://theringer.com/2017-nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-25e353094845

Also, Carmelo Anthony is pissed off because Chris Rock hit on his (ex?) wife. What does this mean? Obviously he wants to get out of New York and go to the Chicago Bulls, in my opinion.

Twitter is going to subsidize Lebron's contract to the Lakers so that Lakers fans will feel compelled to go back and delete all their bad tweets about Lebron, thus freeing up massive database space, allowing them to ultimately operate more efficiently.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Wait, is it controversial that Lebron was trying to draw contact by kicking his leg out? Like are people saying that didn't happen?

GSW fans are trying to paint Lebron as a nut kicker like Draymond.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lmfao

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Love looked good out there.

I'm putting it all on Korver, DWill, JR Smith and Thompson

Also Klay was incredible last night on both ends of the floor.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Are you the best friend he killed

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Time posted:

was he drunk? its not saying that in god's most perfect source, wikipedia

Wikipedia also doesn't mention that he was nailed for reckless driving and had his license suspended 2-3 more times between the crash and his conviction. There's something wrong with the guy.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Are you the best friend he killed

Yes.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cool Buff Man posted:

So, what's everyone's opinion regarding Kevin Love's chances to get dealt this offseason if the Cavs get swept out? It seems like he's the default scapegoat anytime something goes wrong

You're the best, Nick.

I haven't heard that much this year. Also it's really hard to make that claim with how he's been playing. If anything Kyrie's 35 pts or absolutely nothing is more of a problem (assuming you're ignoring TT and the rest of the roleplayers forgetting how to play basketball).

The worst was seeing Lebron constantly making the right play only to have some teammate brick another shot. Also it wasn't as noticeable since he didn't sit as much but for whatever reason even with Love and Kyrie on the floor the Cavs seem to have no idea how to play at all unless Lebron's playing. Dude sat like 2 minutes at the end of the first and GS went from like 1 pt down to 7 up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is anyone willing to talk adjustments

I think the Cavs have proved that they can run a Korver/Love court without losing too much defensively compared to their usual line-up, and as much as JR Smith is prone to fouling, his shot selection is infinitely better than Shumpert.

So I think the Cavs should start small with Kyrie/JR/Shump/Lebron/Love to abuse the 5-6 minutes that Zaza plays and bring in TT when they go small or Frye if they bring in Javale because Kerr is a massive creature of habit.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Where are all these rumors of LeBron leaving coming from? Like I remember that random person on Twitter with the insane theory about CP3 and LeBron both going to SAS, but now real people are talking about it.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

alansmithee posted:

I haven't heard that much this year. Also it's really hard to make that claim with how he's been playing. If anything Kyrie's 35 pts or absolutely nothing is more of a problem (assuming you're ignoring TT and the rest of the roleplayers forgetting how to play basketball).

The worst was seeing Lebron constantly making the right play only to have some teammate brick another shot. Also it wasn't as noticeable since he didn't sit as much but for whatever reason even with Love and Kyrie on the floor the Cavs seem to have no idea how to play at all unless Lebron's playing. Dude sat like 2 minutes at the end of the first and GS went from like 1 pt down to 7 up.

yeah kyries inability to run a unit while being so ball dominant is a huge problem. some of it is on the cavs cause they just dont ask him to do it at all during the regular season and they should really try cause he needs to learn how.

TT was such a monster in the last 2 finals i think his regression is the worst. infact the cavs have had a ton of times where their roleplayers brick shots over this run but TT has been a constant positive so the regression hurts even more. hes what they rely on when this poo poo starts happening

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
edit: weird double post cause my connection gave out

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

alansmithee posted:

I haven't heard that much this year.

Not during the year, no, I'm just bringing it up now because it's being flashed all over the place as they're losing badly to Golden State. He's always the first to be tossed out as trade bait by dingbats whenever the team doesn't look right

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/Bolt/Patrick-If-swept-Cleveland-should-trade-Kevin-Love-53051824

http://thebiglead.com/2017/06/05/if-the-cavaliers-get-swept-kevin-love-is-the-guy-most-likely-to-get-traded/

http://www.ibtimes.com/could-cleveland-cavaliers-trade-kevin-love-nba-finals-2017-ignite-latest-speculation-2547985

Sort of poo poo. I think it's stupid but for some reason people love to send him places in their mind canon

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Wikipedia also doesn't mention that he was nailed for reckless driving and had his license suspended 2-3 more times between the crash and his conviction. There's something wrong with the guy.

I don't actually care my dude

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

zoux posted:

To answer my own question I would assume the worst fan base is Warriors fans who are also Yankees fans.

Close, it was the Miami Heat LeBron team fans who were also Yankee, Patriot and Lakers fans. People leaving Finals games early in droves.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Noctone posted:

Where are all these rumors of LeBron leaving coming from? Like I remember that random person on Twitter with the insane theory about CP3 and LeBron both going to SAS, but now real people are talking about it.

Idiots being bored and LeBron coming face to face with the Western Wall

cp3 to spurs just makes sense AND satisfies e-nba fandom's ridiculous adoration of SAS

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
JR's friend died and he went to jail for driving through a stop sign. That sure sounds like consequences to me!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

Close, it was the Miami Heat LeBron team fans who were also Yankee, Patriot and Lakers fans. People leaving Finals games early in droves.

I assume all of those people are Dubs fans today.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/872859666941980672

Whew, close call there for Steph!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I assume all of those people are Dubs fans today.

*cavs fans

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

GSW fans are trying to paint Lebron as a nut kicker like Draymond.

I'm a Warriors fan and I don't think Lebron is a serial nut-kicker. But that definitely looked like an incidental nut-kick while trying to draw a foul. Luckily Iguodala upgraded his balls to titanium after Delly punched him last finals.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That was just an awesome game last night. God drat.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

Idiots being bored and LeBron coming face to face with the Western Wall

cp3 to spurs just makes sense AND satisfies e-nba fandom's ridiculous adoration of SAS

why's it ridiculous to adore the team that passes the best and fouls the least and generally elevates the sport

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

lmfao are you my loving grandpa, what is this poo poo.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

EvanTH posted:

why's it ridiculous to adore the team that passes the best and fouls the least and generally elevates the sport

It's not ridiculous to be a Warriors fan I agree!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't get what's wrong with the tweet or why he felt compelled to take it down.

• Locked thread