Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuai
May 25, 2004
is there any way to get a digital CE from amazon or best buy? kinda feel a waste to lose out on 20% but im a sucker for stupid mounts ill never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Valicious posted:

I lost my windows key after a reinstall years back :(

check between ctrl and alt

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Why is the female lalafell /playdead so much better than the male one

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PowerfulAccurateEuropeanfiresalamander.webm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw that earlier and felt ever more righteous in my belief that Lalafell need removing from the game.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Geckoagua posted:

Wife and I coming back after stopping shortly after Heavensward, maybe like the first zone or two completed. Most of my classes are 50 at least (only a few for her). Do I need to start a new character? I'm kind of worried about walking into a dungeon and getting put over a barrel because I'm not used to the new meta of pulling the entire place at once or something.

I guess the upshot would be I could make it on Excalibur?

Just be like "hey i havent played in a while, if I should pull harder let me know" and in my experience nobody every responds so youre good to go.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Rarazan Rerezan

"Maybe this time I'll actually complete Savage."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jun 11, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Truga posted:

Why? If you're a new player, all the content is new to you, and there's very little content that's downright annoying (the pre titan slog, but that's like what, 15-20 short quests? other mmos have far worse fillers). Just work your way through the MSQ as you would in 2.x. Maybe visit potd some. Even totorak is just fine first time through, and if I queue low level with my newbie friend, I make sure to queue with goons and we clear dungeons in under 15 minutes by pulling big and blowing poo poo up and it owns and is fun.

You know what? Fair enough! Maybe I've just been playing this game so long that the thought of redoing all that stuff is affecting my opinion. I'm really glad the people who are trying it out for the first time in this thread are having so much fun, video games own.

Astroniomix posted:

Square started going ham with the ban hammer recently, it only takes 2 people reporting you for offensive language to get you a 24 hour ban. (it might not even take that many)

Yeesh. Good to know. Well, good day to be off the game either way, I have to work late tonight and I finally caught the cold my husband has. I probably would just be sleeping if I wasn't on the clock.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I saw that earlier and felt ever more righteous in my belief that Lalafell need removing from the game.

Look, if you do that then the /pets are just gonna start clogging up the warehouse. Lalafells serve an important purpose, and thus their existence should be tolerated.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

Look, if you do that then the /pets are just gonna start clogging up the warehouse. Lalafells serve an important purpose, and thus their existence should be tolerated.

This is why we have Roegadames, Lala are utterly pointless.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is why we have Roegadames, Lala are utterly pointless.

*If you see this poster within 10 yalms of a female Roegadryn, contact the Maelstrom immediately. Pirate Justice must still be done.*

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Verranicus posted:

If you skip story content in this game you're playing the game wrong.

wrong, the raiding game is on point in difficulty and the graphics in this game are top notch. They make up for the forgettable story.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

*If you see this poster within 10 yalms of a female Roegadryn, contact the Maelstrom immediately. Pirate Justice must still be done.*

Are you implying getting caught to be grilled by the queen of the Roegadames, Merlwyb, is not part of my plan?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holyshoot posted:

wrong, the raiding game is on point in difficulty and the graphics in this game are top notch. They make up for the forgettable story.

I think you have memory problems.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Holyshoot posted:

No, actually, you're wrong and dumb.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I remember every painful detail of the pre-titan quests :(

I wish I could remember the camp dragonhead quests, I remember all my friends talking about GoT and it wasn't my cup of tea. The devs mentioned inspiration from the series for ishgard, so when I got there I went "LALALA I can't hear you!" and ran through it as fast as possible to avoid the boring. Then heavensward was fantastic :(

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

This is XI all over again. I can't pick a class to progress through the MSQ in time for Stormblood.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
the thing that happens in the vault barely even registered for me, and that guy seemed pretty cool for what he did and his family was all broke up and I'm standing around making small talk while they're grieving like uh this looks like a bad time but check out this sweet helmet that dropped for me.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 8, 2017

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Injuryprone posted:

This is XI all over again. I can't pick a class to progress through the MSQ in time for Stormblood.

Choose something with a cool looking weapons-ready animation, then. Going through the epic battles of 3.x as AST made my guy look less cool than he could've.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

the thing that happens in the vault barely even registered for me, and that guy seemed pretty cool for what he did and his family was all broke up and I'm standing around making small talk while they're grieving like uh this looks like a bad time but check out this sweet helmet that dropped for me.

I think his main trait is he's very MCsexual, but it has been 2 years since I've last seen him so.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Jinh posted:

Same here. I never got what the community's big deal was with Whatshisface. Like, he's a cool dude, but he didn't carve himself onto my heart or anything.

Now Krile on the other hand :syoon:

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I wouldn't say I always found the story particularly interesting, as in the plot (though the characters can be endearing at times), but I'm a sucker for world-building. I really enjoy it when the game makes me feel as though my character is part of a detailed and evolving fantasy world (even if it is as the chosen one super-hero). I may not do every single random sidequest because gently caress that, but it was the primary motivator for me maxing out every Beast Tribe rep and every Postmoogle quest, and it's why I'm eager to finish the MSQ whenever there's an addition. I don't think I'd still be out there killing Internet dragons if it wasn't for that. When I played WoW I said if they made this game in a Final Fantasy universe I'd probably play it forever, and so far I've been playing since launch so here we are.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Krile is my favorite scion, but Harchefaunt was also a stalwart friend whom I miss dearly.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
I'm sorry but if you don't have any interest in the plot or world, this isn't the game for you.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I think you have memory problems.

Nah, I remember stuff in tv shows all the time. Video game story's just don't interest me enough to remember. I play for the power gain and challenge.

Verranicus posted:

No, actually, you're wrong and dumb.

So are you. Aren't opinions fun!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Countblanc posted:

Krile is my favorite scion, but Harchefaunt was also a stalwart friend whom I miss dearly.

That's a funny way of spelling Y'shtola. :colbert:

Krile is great. :ssh:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
The scions are my best friends even outside of the game. I explain to thancred about how mean all the other people are in the game and at school and how my mom refuses to let me have 2 more retainers and he's a really good listener.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Malinn Bellerose

Voted- Most likely to get divorced.
"Please don't put that in the pull quote"-Elica Morganite

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Holyshoot posted:

Nah, I remember stuff in tv shows all the time. Video game story's just don't interest me enough to remember. I play for the power gain and challenge.

So are you. Aren't opinions fun!

If you're playing FFXIV for challenge I don't even know what to say

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i want yearbook style screenshots of all your characters to mark the end of heavensward please

Quiorra Son
Most likely to fall asleep in queue

"Does my hair look okay?"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What kind of senior pictures are these? More double exposures and lasers and pictures with pets please.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I've been running a lot of low level dungeons to grind up my Astrologer, and the average person doing leveling dungeons (everything pre-60) is pretty slow right now, and there are a lot of new/returning player icons. Yesterday I got a tank who was RP walking before every pack of mobs for some reason, and I've also seen my entire party get lost in the instance with the frog cliff, DPS failing to kill the plumes/nails in time in normal mode primals, and pretty much anything else that could go wrong.

So far I haven't witnessed any party meltdowns, so I think you're safe as long as you can press more than 2 buttons and navigate from one end of an instance to the other.

I'm level 54 now AST and my problem started with heavensward dungeons. I go in and say "hi guys, first time here". *Tank runs ahead and pulls half of the mobs in the dungeon* Most of the time I manage somehow to keep everyone alive with my cooldowns and sometimes a lucky bole. But god drat people...

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
I just got my first job to 60. What do I do now since SB is next week? I intend on playing Samurai because I am a huge weeb. Do I just level some other jobs in POTD in the meantime?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

jymbojones posted:

I just got my first job to 60. What do I do now since SB is next week? I intend on playing Samurai because I am a huge weeb. Do I just level some other jobs in POTD in the meantime?

If you're planning on playing Samurai you could start gathering MNK gear, since they share it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

If you're playing FFXIV for challenge I don't even know what to say

Christ you're poo poo. Just unmitigated poo poo. Everyone here wishes you would leave forever.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pigbottom posted:

I'm level 54 now AST and my problem started with heavensward dungeons. I go in and say "hi guys, first time here". *Tank runs ahead and pulls half of the mobs in the dungeon* Most of the time I manage somehow to keep everyone alive with my cooldowns and sometimes a lucky bole. But god drat people...

That sounds fun imo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pigbottom posted:

You should be happy that your tank friend has such great faith in your abilities, and that you did not let them down.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pigbottom posted:

Trial by fire! :black101:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rainuwastaken posted:

Same here. I never got what the community's big deal was with Whatshisface. Like, he's a cool dude, but he didn't carve himself onto my heart or anything.

Now Krile on the other hand :syoon:

I think that while he is a cool bro who's had your back since level 35 in the English localization, in the Japanese he's much more flamboyantly WoL-sexual while also being your best bro, so his fandom was a bigger thing over there.

I agree that Krile is the best though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Gizmo Chicken posted:

If you're planning on playing Samurai you could start gathering MNK gear, since they share it.

Already started! I have most of a full set of the level 50 poetics gear.

• Locked thread