Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

turnip kid posted:

There's no comparison. I've only completed the first Yakuza and played bits of the second one, but I didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I enjoyed Shenmue II. I guess things have changed in the last decade, but it's a totally different style of game.

we are up to yakuza 6 (which is the 10th yakuza). the first 2 were pretty different to how 3 on ended up feeling.
yakuza 6 looks like it'll capture some of that small town sunny day feel too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

exquisite tea posted:

People say that but Yakuza only covers a very narrow slice of what Shenmue fans truly enjoy, which is doing mundane labor for minimum wage and rifling through people's belongings.

Gone Home is the closest to a Shenmue equivalent I've played yet. I just love looking through people's stuff in games!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shenmue 1&2 getting a rerelease really needs to be A Thing sooner rather than later if they want any chance of decent sales out of Shenmue 3. The place Shenmue 2 stops does not make for a good entry point for new players, nevermind the fact that you'd need a Dreamcast and potentially an Xbox to play them (if you're in the US).

they could play the 3 intro like "a young man on a quest for revenge finds a magical sword to take on his fathers killers"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Update. I popped the top. There was MINIMAL dust on the blades. Like, a barely perceptible dusting of white on the edge. I doubt this was the culprit, but good to know.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Clean all those cockroaches out of your PS4

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For whatever reason Injustice 2 really works my PS4 fans hard, even though I just airblasted it last week.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be surprised if shenmue 3 sold well, tho I doubt sony particularly cares about that. it was more a goodwill gesture to get people to like them

I have zero interest in it personally but it's cool it finally is getting made

You're right that Sony won't care, because they have no stake in Shenmue 3.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm surprised they never got around to P3FES ported to ps4

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

Update. I popped the top. There was MINIMAL dust on the blades. Like, a barely perceptible dusting of white on the edge. I doubt this was the culprit, but good to know.

That was my experience, too. Only a small amount of dust on the blades, but apparently that did the trick because it's been quiet ever since and I've been playing the gently caress outta Tekken 7 and FFXIV.

Ometeotl posted:

You're right that Sony won't care, because they have no stake in Shenmue 3.

Sony gave them an undisclosed sum of money for its early development IIRC. Their Third Party Productions team is also providing support. Shenmue 3 isn't a make or break game for Sony by any means, but they have definitely been involved.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony Third Party Production almost explicitly exists to tailor to their loudest hardcore fans. The Yakuza games, Vita JRPGs, Shenmue 3, indie games getting major PSN releases, they handle a lot of that stuff.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm just over 30 hours into Persona 5 and i'm pretty sure it's the GOTY and probably the best JRPG i've ever played.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is this the thread where we post about cool upcoming PS4 games??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0

Bonus, an interview with Bubsy himself!! http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-returns-announces-bubsy-woolies-strike-back-ps4-pc

revolther
May 27, 2008
If it doesn't feature a sponsored Nerf child weapon it's not a true Bubsy game.

loving christ that looks terrible, but the original was also terrible, so I guess they hit the mark.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I would contribute money to whatever kickstarter could ensure another Bubsy game never gets made again, forever.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Yodzilla posted:

Bonus, an interview with Bubsy himself!! http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-returns-announces-bubsy-woolies-strike-back-ps4-pc

Shawn Layden refused to shirt-troll that one.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 8, 2017

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
And here i thought Persona 5 or Nier Automata was gonna be my GOTY. Oh well!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm just over 30 hours into Persona 5 and i'm pretty sure it's the GOTY and probably the best JRPG i've ever played.

it's not even the third best jrpg released on ps4 this year

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

it's not even the third best jrpg released on ps4 this year

Whats the other two besides Berseria

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends wether you count Yakuza 0 or not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Whats the other two besides Berseria
nier automata, yakuza 0

i feel like they have enough rpg mechanics to count

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

nier automata, yakuza 0

i feel like they have enough rpg mechanics to count

I'm sad there aren't two other amazing JRPGs that came out this year I didn't know about

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm sad there aren't two other amazing JRPGs that came out this year I didn't know about

If PS2 ports count Star Ocean 3 and Eternal Ring just came out!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Careful with eternal ring. It has an emulator bug right now. You instant die in one area.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Speaking of P5, IGN has a short interview w/ Hashino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqA9vxhqMvE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So WipEout: Omega Collection looks really nice.

In terms of gameplay are there any tips worth giving beyond "Hold down the accelerator and don't hit the walls"

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In terms of gameplay are there any tips worth giving beyond "Hold down the accelerator and don't hit the walls"

Treat turning + airbrakes sort of like skiing - there's a rhythm and a lot of leaning in/away from turns.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you really want to get a feel of how the ships control, dump time into the Zone mode when you get access to it.

That and its just loving bonkers awesome where you just get faster and faster and everything is a music visualizer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wipeout is fun. Wouldn't mind a bit more of an incentive or something to keep me coming back, but it's what I expected

So who's playing Dirt 4 and how is the online? How do you like it so far in general? Mine is waiting at home for me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Guw posted:

Treat turning + airbrakes sort of like skiing - there's a rhythm and a lot of leaning in/away from turns.

I am terrible at driving with real cars, let alone hyper-charged hover cars -- so I use the airbrake on the direction I'm turning into, correct? So if I'm curving left I should tap L2

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am terrible at driving with real cars, let alone hyper-charged hover cars -- so I use the airbrake on the direction I'm turning into, correct? So if I'm curving left I should tap L2

Ya that.

You go almost 90° when you do that tho so be careful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yodzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0

gently caress.

This.

Gay.

Earth.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Allergic to sarcasm much? You'd think this thread would be able to handle a bit of wisecracking snark...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's more like "why do I live in the timeline where Bubsy gets a reboot but Legacy of Kain and Devil May Cry are dead in the water.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bust Rodd posted:

It's more like "why do I live in the timeline where Bubsy gets a reboot but Legacy of Kain and Devil May Cry are dead in the water.

Devil May Cry got its reboot, do you really want to see what'd happen to Legacy of Kain?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Just give me Intelligent Qube and Devil Dice. Seriously. How loving hard would it be?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Same, but instead about Knack 2

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Where the gently caress is my new Kessen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think Knack 2 looks potentially neat and I hope it has online co-op.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Folklore 2 plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think Knack 2 looks potentially neat and I hope it has online co-op.
I actually forgot that Knack 2 was a real thing