Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BBBB (bring back buck bumble)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

You're a bad person.

Well aware! But my love for Bubsy runs to very deep painful places. I know I posted this earlier in this thread or maybe the last one but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xMnf3PM4mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQ4ocTSkcg

I'm invested in the Bubs, I can't just give up on him now

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Healbot posted:

This looks worse than the old 1993 version.

Making it the sequel the series deserves.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Invictus posted:

people have been ironically referencing it as of late a disturbing number of times

I exclusively blame Ulililila for returning Bubsy to our collective consciousness.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I legitimately blame the joke about Bubsy being in Sonic Forces.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Deep within Cocytus, Judas has been freed from the middle mouth of Satan. In time CJacobs will be placed there, as he has a committed a far greater sin than the betrayal of Christ. When his time on this Earth ends, he will freeze in that infernal mouth, forced to watch streams of his Bubsy in a mere 240p, for all eternity.

Punishments must fit the crime.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

tap my mountain posted:

This is the worst use of the power of memes in the last year, hands down.

What about Donald Trump being president.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lurdiak posted:

What about Donald Trump being president.

:thejoke:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3i8k0XFMFk

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Help Im Alive posted:

God that game was so weird

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Joe Gillian posted:

Making it the sequel the series deserves.

It had a terrible sequel in 1994 so lmao.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Nina posted:

God that game was so weird

buck to the buck to the buck to the base
buck to the buck to the bumble

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I thought it was weird enough that they were making a sequel to Knack. This is just :confused: :confused: :confused:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Knack getting buried by Bubsy is the best thing to happen to video games this year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Erata posted:

Knack getting buried by Bubsy is the best thing to happen to video games this year.

Knack 2 full E3 trailer will be hype, I don't know what you're talking about. Need that release date

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Where's Claymates HD

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Knack 2 full E3 trailer will be hype, I don't know what you're talking about. Need that release date

If they bring back the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger commercial, but with Knack lording over the intensive care ward of injured mascots, concluding with "Knack is Back" I'll eat my words.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

God, the eidolons really were just massively destructive pricks in that game. I mean, not their fault

there are no bad pokemon. only bad trainers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

God, the eidolons really were just massively destructive pricks in that game. I mean, not their fault, but jeeze, all that damage, all those towns and places just completely or almost completely wiped out.

I mentioned it before but that's basically the role of Summons these days. They were kinda chill in the SNES days and since them have become increasingly giant assholes. FF13 probably has the nicest summons in recent memory and they stll attempt to murder their summoner when they appear. Even frigging World of Final Fantasy has horrifying death summons. The adorable mini-ifrits literally burst from inside someone like a chestburster.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Will this Bubsy game also feature the James Turrel retrospective?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is the year Blinx TM returns, with the power only Scorpio TM can provide.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo gently caress Blinx, gimme Scaler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnIPcyK2kLE

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

right about now it's time to rumble

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Blinx developer is working on the 3DS Pikmin game.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

thehoodie posted:

Hi everyone,

Tales of Berseria is very good.

That is all.

You are correct, sir

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

I mentioned it before but that's basically the role of Summons these days. They were kinda chill in the SNES days and since them have become increasingly giant assholes. FF13 probably has the nicest summons in recent memory and they stll attempt to murder their summoner when they appear. Even frigging World of Final Fantasy has horrifying death summons. The adorable mini-ifrits literally burst from inside someone like a chestburster.

I'm way into this. My favorite way of handling summons was FF12, where they used the Lucavi from FFT and final bosses from older games to make them seem like some poo poo you'd find listed in a demonological grimoire or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

I'm way into this. My favorite way of handling summons was FF12, where they used the Lucavi from FFT and final bosses from older games to make them seem like some poo poo you'd find listed in a demonological grimoire or something.

FFXIV has a particularly great set of rear end in a top hat-summons where they're literal deities who are fed by the belief of their worshippers and drain the life from the land while they're summoned while also literally tainting the souls of anyone but plot-protected people who come to close, turning them into eternal slaves for the summons. One of the stated goal of the villain factions is to take over the country (or utterly nuke it) just to make sure these horrifying god-beasts don't take over the world. And it's impossible to stop them because they're summoned by people who are desperate and fearful and the combination of invading armies and other races getting their own summons MAKES them desperate and fearful.

Nonstop magical mutually assured destruction.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Usually psx announced games arent major parts of the next e3 are they? Cant remember too well.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Macaluso posted:

Where's Claymates HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0IqEs2_AwQ

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did Yooka Laylee revolutionize the world of 90s nostalgia?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think that ARMS looks like it might be the game to convince me to buy a Switch (since Zelda is technically also on the Wii U).

I hope that they have a bundle for that or at least the retailers can restock the consoles to coincide with that

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-dMLLUUsjw

I can't decide whether this is Volition realizing too late that they should have just made another Saints Row game or hoping that they can distract people from the lukewarm gameplay of Agents of Mayhem by dangling Gat in front of everyone like so many jangling car keys in front of an infant. Either way this just makes me sad and embarassed for their sake.

Mak0rz posted:

"I AM ODIN. THE ALLFATHER OF THE AESIR AND GOD OF WAR, KNOWLEDGE, AND WISDOM. WHY HAVE YOU SUMMONED ME?"

"I need you to gently caress up that tree."

"..."

"There's rats in it!"

Odin showing up when you fight Seifer towards the end of FFVIII was a really great joke, both for the idea that through sheer dumb luck the randomized instant-win summon had appeared during a boss fight and the punchline of Seifer just destroying him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULbG7Aa0aEw

Help Im Alive posted:

Only if the entire soundtrack is whatever the gently caress genre of music the title track for the original game was.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:jerkbag:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that CDPR thing sounds like an E3 publicity stunt to me

this is the same company that "shut down" GOG.com as a joke once

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I forgot about that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gat is definitely #3 in my Top Video Game Characters of All Time, right behind Fred Durst from WWF Raw (2002) and the robot from Borderlands

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Gat is definitely #3 in my Top Video Game Characters of All Time, right behind Fred Durst from WWF Raw (2002) and the robot from Borderlands

Oddly enough those are the three characters I had always assumed were shoo-ins for Playstation All-Stars DLC if the game had continued onward.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Mann posted:

I can't decide whether this is Volition realizing too late that they should have just made another Saints Row game or hoping that they can distract people from the lukewarm gameplay of Agents of Mayhem by dangling Gat in front of everyone like so many jangling car keys in front of an infant. Either way this just makes me sad and embarassed for their sake.

Nah, they probably would have done it anyway. Which might actually be more pathetic?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think Agents of Mayhem was just really poorly advertised because I watched 3 trailers of it and I still have no idea what kind of game it is, what the setting is about, or who the bad guys are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's probably just dlc being sold as a full price game again. It already has lovely costume dlc available like a real Saints Row game.

• Locked thread