Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol at the crowd cheering when "UKIP: 0" was projected on the wall of that building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Has the SNP said what it would do in a hung parliament? I'm guessing demand another referendum in return for confidence and supply support.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
can't wait to drink mays tears in the morning

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
chaos reigns

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
A fairytale of greed and hubris for modern times.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

lol at the crowd cheering when "UKIP: 0" was projected on the wall of that building

get hosed farage

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was fully expecting a tory landslide today lol and was ready to go to bed

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So if May is forced out, she won't even have served a year as PM. Not as bad as George Canning, but awfully close.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

god this day has been too loving wild man i just wanna go to bed

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
yes bbc dude.

on the other hand libdems are useless and wouldve said anything.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
king corbyn shall lead

free school lunches for all

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
"I'm not owned!! I'm not owned!!" The establishment shrieks in impotent rage as they are drowned in a tsunami of jam

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't there still a good chance that exit polls are off?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
*americans begin to panic as they realize they have a monopoly on garbage politics again*

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when parliament has been hung under the red banner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sexpig by night posted:

Tories went from the majority party to a much weaker majority in a hung parlament. Memes aside the idea of some huge Labour sweep would have been absurdly out of reach, it's the best realistic option and it completely crushes any idea of a mandate May and hers may have.

Also it rules because this whole thing was her idea and she's almost certainly gonna be pushed resign.

dumb Tories holding unnecessary votes that blow up in their faces and cause them (personally) the PM is a good running gag

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Glumslinger posted:

Ok, so I'm the dumb American, but how are these numbers good news? I have a very poor understanding of how the UK parliament works

When May called the snap election it was widely presumed the tories would sail to an even larger majority than they had at that point, and would be in position to basically dictate how Brexit would be handled among other things (like, say, using the children of the poor as cordwood to heat the saunas of the rich). Labour was thought to be in disarray and certain to lose seats, until they put out their manifesto which turns out a lot of people like, all while the tories punched themselves in the dick over and over again.

Taintrunner posted:

get hosed farage

Worth repeating.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

Ok, so I'm the dumb American, but how are these numbers good news? I have a very poor understanding of how the UK parliament works

The Tories wanted / expected a bigger majority but on this poll they wil lose control of Parliament --> Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Frijolero posted:

Isn't there still a good chance that exit polls are off?

Natesilvervoice well traditionally they've been better than the pre election polls

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Amber Rudd could lose her seat :laffo:

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Venuz Patrol posted:

*americans begin to panic as they realize they have a monopoly on garbage politics again*

american exceptionalism baybeee

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so like how do u get a new prime minster is it just majority of seats or what

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've been making GBS threads myself all day lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain_Maclaine posted:

When May called the snap election it was widely presumed the tories would sail to an even larger majority than they had at that point, and would be in position to basically dictate how Brexit would be handled among other things (like, say, using the children of the poor as cordwood to heat the saunas of the rich). Labour was thought to be in disarray and certain to lose seats, until they put out their manifesto which turns out a lot of people like, all while the tories punched themselves in the dick over and over again.

Worth repeating.

the dickpunching part seems like the most important tbh

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

2017 owns

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

if it's hung parliament, tories will get first whack at trying to form a coalition to get a majority of the seats. unclear though if anyone would really be willing to do it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

anime was right posted:

300-something is the majority number, and Labour don't meet that with just the SNP as was hoped before the election. The hope is that Labour take more seats off the Tories and LibDems throughout the night. Otherwise yeah, the Queen will give the Tories a chance at coalition, and the LibDems will be traitors.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Whats happening why are people happy

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
somewhere in england, theresa may is running through a wheat field

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

is this... joy i'm feeling? about politics? unreal

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Concerned Citizen posted:

if it's hung parliament, tories will get first whack at trying to form a coalition to get a majority of the seats. unclear though if anyone would really be willing to do it

lib dems will be forced to accept pragmatism and coalition with labour and SNP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDIuApfVxBg

THEN KING CORBYN SHALL RULE

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
So how long before real results come in?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Has the SNP said what it would do in a hung parliament? I'm guessing demand another referendum in return for confidence and supply support.

this is what mrs sturgeon has said, though lets be honest itll be a coalition

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

anime was right posted:

the dickpunching part seems like the most important tbh

It probably was the more important element, but I don't think we should downplay how jam man actually made an effort to put forward a platform that his base would, you know, like.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

There is joy, but also fear. What if they pull the rug away. What if this is all cruel joke?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
its me im the eggshells

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

turns out going leftwing as gently caress is real popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009