Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It amazes me that people are defending Trump and saying he doesn't lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Ahem, illegal immigrant* Slovenian nude model. Trump himself told us there were no Russian hookers.

But yeah, if anyone tells you that Melania is "returning class to the White House", at least they're not being shy about their racism.

*https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

They'd probably just tell me "I'm not racist, I married a Mexican!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Trey Gowdy is replacing Chaffetz as head of House Oversight. Not an improvement no matter how close you look at it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shame on an IGA posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, here are the entire republican senate leadership and their wives.

decent https://imgur.com/gallery/RCILo

:catstare:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, here are the entire republican senate leadership and their wives.

decent https://imgur.com/gallery/RCILo

how the gently caress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fister Roboto posted:

how the gently caress

You could photoshop it so that their heads switched bodies and they would actually look better imo

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fister Roboto posted:

how the gently caress

When your turn-ons include union busting and bank handouts...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fister Roboto posted:

how the gently caress

He can't believe he's hittin' that sweet sideways strange either.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

bird food bathtub posted:

no motivation besides obstruction of a perfectly innocent man who by the way was never under investigation just like he said.

Related to this: in that PDF earlier Comey explains how counter intelligence investigations are different. Counter intelligence investigations don't investigate individuals, not in the way that the (better known) criminal investigations do. Trump was not personally the subject of investigation in that context. I found that PDF pretty interesting and I like, learned things.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We have our first Closed Session leak. It's about the Keebler Klansman.

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/872939394260508673

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this one here is the worst post in the thread

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

For worst prediction, I nominate everyone who thought McCain would ve "troubled" or "alarmed" by the President's actions.

Way too optimistic.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Arc Light posted:

For worst prediction, I nominate everyone who thought McCain would ve "troubled" or "alarmed" by the President's actions.

Way too optimistic.

I don't think anyone expected a full on dementia episode out of McCain.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Glad we replaced that woman with two degrees with a Russian prostitute, finally bringing class back to the White House!

*Russian prostitute never actually lives at White House*

Glad to see we're back to shaming Trump's wife for having done nudes and marrying someone wealthier than her, rather than for the entirely legitimate reason of having married Donald Trump.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

Glad to see we're back to shaming Trump's wife for having done nudes and marrying someone wealthier than her, rather than for the entirely legitimate reason of having married Donald Trump.

You are wrong. Click here and find out why!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

We have our first Closed Session leak. It's about the Keebler Klansman.

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/872939394260508673

Whoo that was fast, page doesn't exist.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

What was it?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
there was a third, undisclosed meeting between sessions and russians.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
proof link: https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/872944692316516356

CNN is hedging and saying Sessions *may have had* third, undisclosed meeting.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/872950777307856896

Edit: Full source http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/jeff-sessions-kislyak-meeting/index.html

quote:

Former FBI Director James Comey told senators in a closed hearing this afternoon that Attorney General Jeff Sessions may have had a third interaction with Russia's ambassador to the US, according to people familiar with the briefing.

The information is based in part on Russian-to-Russian intercepts where the meeting was discussed, three sources familiar with the information tell CNN.

But the sources said it is possible the ambassador, Sergey Kislyak, was exaggerating the extent of the encounter.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 9, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion Comey is incompetent after watching the hearing.

He's playing 3D chess. Probably a shame he got fired by a loving turd biscuit

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I thought I had a pretty good one, but Trump hasn't tweeted at all since Comey dropped his statement yesterday.

Trump's lawyers must be getting better at hiding his phone.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion Comey is incompetent after watching the hearing.

I flipped the opposite on that.

I thought he was a bumbling idiot who couldn't even meet the broken clock standard. Now I think he knew everything he was doing both during 2016 and 2017, truly believes he was in a catch 22 with all the election poo poo and maybe he did the right thing.'

EDIT: The NYT reporter who broke the story in Feb about the multiple phone contacts between Trump campaign and Russian officials is up on the Rachel Maddow show. If you want to hear a rebuttal to Comey saying the story was wrong.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Comey critiques I heard today at work:

1-He should've taken a more direct stand against the president's loyalty demand, and shut him down unequivocally.
2-Caving to Loretta Lynch on the investigation/matter verbiage eliminates his credibility.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There's no clear "winner" so I guess we'll skip the 3 day.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

1-He should've taken a more direct stand against the president's loyalty demand, and shut him down unequivocally.
2-Caving to Loretta Lynch on the investigation/matter verbiage eliminates his credibility.

1 is somewhat legit but one should not fault someone for trying to run away from Donald Trump as fast as possible.

2 though - did he actually do that? I remember him specifically calling it an investigation when Hillary called it a "matter" in an interview or something like that?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He caved, and said so today. In his words it wasn't a hill worth dying on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I give Comey a lot of credit for eloquently stating why he made the choices he did. People can disagree with him, and that's fine but the guy is level-headed and rational.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Godholio posted:

The first was something that bothered me until I heard his explanation, which made complete sense.

Essentially he was so shocked by what was going on and what was being said to him that his brain went into flight mode and he just talked fast and made it pretty enough to get the gently caress out of that place. People bitching about that have never been in a situation where someone very powerful is telling them to do something highly unethical/illegal. Its Monday morning quarterbacking at its most ignorant and worst. In fact its that kind of explanation behind his actions that make me reconsider my opinion on Comey. Which was not very high before today.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Genocide Tendency posted:

The first was something that bothered me until I heard his explanation, which made complete sense.

Essentially he was so shocked by what was going on and what was being said to him that his brain went into flight mode and he just talked fast and made it pretty enough to get the gently caress out of that place. People bitching about that have never been in a situation where someone very powerful is telling them to do something highly unethical/illegal. Its Monday morning quarterbacking at its most ignorant and worst. In fact its that kind of explanation behind his actions that make me reconsider my opinion on Comey. Which was not very high before today.

Also just lmbo forever at congress critters calling someone out for not ending their careers the first time they hear insane proposals.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Also just lmbo forever at congress critters calling someone out for not ending their careers the first time they hear insane proposals.

Yea that bothered me too.

"You threatened to quit over torture and trying to take advantage of someone who was in medical crisis, but you didn't threaten to quit over this!!!"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/tonynorthrup/status/872822966077272064

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I was genuinely impressed by his "I'm not trying to pretend I was Mr. Courageous, I just wanted to get out of that conversation," explanation. Comey comes across as a legitimately honest and apolitical man.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

'let's leave youtube comments on on our live stream', ranking under only 'let's start a land war in Asia' and 'we don't need a condom' in things that dumb people say

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/873120139222306817

3 min from his longest twitter break

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

What bugs me the most is how right wingers are ignoring the connotation of the "I hope you'll drop this". We all knew what he meant, but they are ignoring it to justify the denotation of the statement to cover their assessment.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

This tweet reads like it's just about Comey, though that clearly wasn't Trump's intent. Despite so many lies and false statements about Comey, he is totally vindicated. And yes, Comey, did tell someone to "leak" unclassified information to the press to get a special counsel appointed and to seek any potential tapes.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Out of all that poo poo those Republicans threw, you gotta expect one thing would stick. As I understood it he just had a friend make the actual exchange of the memos? I guess the upshot of all this is they are calling Comey dishonest for....providing a written account of everything he did with Trump...but some of it got leaked so now its reeeeeeeee leaker instead of reeeeeeee emails as with Hildawg.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It isn't illegal to leak non-classified information, especially if you aren't working in the government anymore. The government doesn't work in an NDA environment.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Peetown Manning posted:

Out of all that poo poo those Republicans threw, you gotta expect one thing would stick. As I understood it he just had a friend make the actual exchange of the memos? I guess the upshot of all this is they are calling Comey dishonest for....providing a written account of everything he did with Trump...but some of it got leaked so now its reeeeeeeee leaker instead of reeeeeeee emails as with Hildawg.

From what I have seen not many Reds are bitching about Comey releasing the memos through a 3rd party. Largely because it's completely legal and there isn't poo poo that can be done about it. It's just Trump and his "complaint" is going to get his lawyer laughed out of the buildings he files them in. Most of the defense is like Ryan's "he just doesn't get how D.C. works". Or they mumble about Trump not being personally under investigation.

Why do I get the feeling that something happened yesterday with that Sessions remark that is bigger than it sounds. I have seen the 3rd meeting stuff, but it seems like there was more going on and possibly Sessions might be royally hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The takeaway wasn't things Comey talked about because all that was pretty unexpected, it was the questions he couldn't answer but to which he didn't say 'no'.

One of the few big ones I think was when they asked if dropping the Flynn investigation would hamper the Russia investigation and that it wouldn't, which seems to confirm why the DoJ didn't take him up on his immunity offer because they simply don't need it.

• Locked thread