Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

El Mero Mero posted:

I just keep playing that image of him lying to Congress where he looked SUPER guilty in my head over and over again

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

La Brea Carpet posted:

Thought Trump had to give him a sock before he could be released from service?
Nah, you had to have him say his own name backwards.

SNOISSES FFEJ!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

JazzFlight posted:

Nah, you had to have him say his own name backwards.

SNOISSES FFEJ!

Naw, that's how you get Reince Priebus back into his mystic puzzle box.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Trump already wants Sessions gone, doesn't he? Oh god I hope he uses this as a pretext to fire Sessions too

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Excellent :golfclap:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

Sessions: "...I already brought my hood?:confused:"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Night10194 posted:

Naw, that's how you get Reince Priebus back into his mystic puzzle box.
I remember Colbert had this great reveal that his name is an anagram for "Penis Rice-a-Roni," but I'm also trying to remember another comedy show that had another anagram where it ended up as a normal name... hard to google since I don't think anagram sites use proper nouns.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

El Mero Mero posted:

Yeah. That and unfunded liabilities that arose as a result of policy raids, which was done by everyone, are starting to actually stare people in the face now that the boomers are all retiring.

What drives me crazy though is that they're not pairing the reductions with tax increases to even TRY and foot some of the bill. They're just doubling down on crashing everything and leaving a bunch of old folks hosed.

Yeah, but by the time those funds run dry they'll only be impacting baby boomers. So there's a positive.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JazzFlight posted:

I remember Colbert had this great reveal that his name is an anagram for "Penis Rice-a-Roni," but I'm also trying to remember another comedy show that had another anagram where it ended up as a normal name... hard to google since most anagram sites don't use proper nouns.

there's no b in penis rice-a-roni, I call shenanigans

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/kasie/status/872946543254528005

:getin:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

Yeah, but by the time those funds run dry they'll only be impacting baby boomers. So there's a positive.

Until your parents have to crash on your couch .

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

JazzFlight posted:

I remember Colbert had this great reveal that his name is an anagram for "Penis Rice-a-Roni," but I'm also trying to remember another comedy show that had another anagram where it ended up as a normal name... hard to google since I don't think anagram sites use proper nouns.

I Nip Cerberus

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Filthy Hans posted:

there's no b in penis rice-a-roni, I call shenanigans
Geez, you're right, I could have taken the two seconds to actually look at the letters instead of realizing it was a joke. I'm like Lisa Simpson and "Jeremy Irons."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Xae posted:

No one seems to give a gently caress about Pensions. Back in '14 they passed a law as part of the budget that lets private pensions completely gently caress beneficiaries. It had bipartisan support.

The Central States Pension cut benefits by up to 50%, even for current retirees.

My conspiracy mindset says that it had bipartisan support because Republicans didn't want anyone digging into how badly investment companies hosed the pension and Democrats don't want anyone digging into how badly the Unions managed them.

Unions don't run the state pension funds.

The Pennsylvania plan was bipartisan too. The state needed to close a budget hole and decided to do it with the pension.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Was this already anticipated, or is it response to today's testimony?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Are we going to finally hear what he sounds like? The voice in my head for anything he says is a slightly more nasally Jesse Eisenberg.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I turned on CSPAN looking for British election coverage, and Louie Gohmert is making an rear end of himself.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I Nip Cerberus
RNC PR BS

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Xae posted:

No one seems to give a gently caress about Pensions. Back in '14 they passed a law as part of the budget that lets private pensions completely gently caress beneficiaries. It had bipartisan support.

The Central States Pension cut benefits by up to 50%, even for current retirees.

My conspiracy mindset says that it had bipartisan support because Republicans didn't want anyone digging into how badly investment companies hosed the pension and Democrats don't want anyone digging into how badly the Unions managed them.

Pensions have been the evil they focused on as justification for Starve The Beast

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

what was this?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

There Bias Two posted:

Was this already anticipated, or is it response to today's testimony?

I think it was previously arranged, but it's his deadline to provide information.

Keep this in mind as well

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/872948202890293248

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

What was this?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AriadneThread posted:

what was this?

I also must know this.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

So the Sessions Meeting w/ Russians a third time tweet was deleted. Welp

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

AriadneThread posted:

what was this?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Xae posted:

Until your parents have to crash on your couch .

My parents are dead or dying and my inlaws already have no retirement to lose. Check mate.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
This image was from the tab Kurt had the presence of mind to close before taking that screenshot.

Dude likes what he likes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kavros posted:

What was this?

A report from the Comey closed hearing that Sessions had a 3rd undisclosed meeting with Russians

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

TARDISman posted:

Are we going to finally hear what he sounds like? The voice in my head for anything he says is a slightly more nasally Jesse Eisenberg.

John Oliver clip

https://youtu.be/-SsFME-MTiA

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

My parents are dead or dying and my inlaws already have no retirement to lose. Check mate.

Well, my parents are still alive and kicking.

And my dad's pension did get cut by 50%.

So them having to come and live with me is a distant but very real possibility I have to deal with.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Oh tomorrow is going to be just lovely.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/jeff-sessions-hearing/

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/872550688143945728

Soon: "Getting peed on by Russian hookers is just a Florida shower"

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

The Glumslinger posted:

A report from the Comey closed hearing that Sessions had a 3rd undisclosed meeting with Russians

Would this not just absolutely make my day or what.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Xae posted:

Well, my parents are still alive and kicking.

And my dad's pension did get cut by 50%.

So them having to come and live with me is a distant but very real possibility I have to deal with.

It'll be awesome. 4 generations living together. You know, when your kids have kids and can't afford a place. A regular episode of the Walton's.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cult member at airport posted:

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/872550688143945728

Soon: "Getting peed on by Russian hookers is just a Florida shower"

A "Moscow bath".

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe trump will fire sessions tomorrow. Just sittin around jerkin it hopefully to the idea

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah except that he deleted it which suggests maybe other sources denied it or something

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh, other sources on the sessions thing:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/872944692316516356

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I want Jeff sessions to eat a pile of poo poo so badly, more than Trump or anyone else, I think he is my least favorite person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

oh yeah the picture where he put the bullet proof vest over his blazer.

Like jfc like did he honestly think that's the right way to wear it?

• Locked thread