Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zombie ducts do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

http://deadline.com/2017/05/avatar-sequels-fear-the-walking-dead-cliff-curtis-cast-1202087331/

They JRoth'd Cliff Curtis in front of Lexa lmfao

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man. That was almost an hilariously bad couple episodes that were more entertaining than they should be.

"Do all the other soldiers know you're psychopaths killing people?" "Yep" "Well guess what we're actually the good guys! It's just one bad apple" "What?" "Oh we'll keep an eye on him when he's around!" "...but he's trying to execute someone in front of you and you're not doing anything." "Yep but we're the good guys."

Holy fuckballs. Plus I literally cracked a joke about "Our plan is to take this place over," and then she says "We may have to take it over."

I love how she's jumped to Rick at his worst and all she has is her daughter and son left not hardened survivors. Holy loving poo poo this was just hilariously amazing.

JossiRossi posted:

They just killed every last non-white person in that family. Good job show.

I love how the whole pitch is three different families coming together, then wiped out two of them. Hilarious.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love just how completely nonsensical the military people are. "We're military people! Wait no, we're militia people! We're kind of both or neither! Everyone knows about our evil! Wait, no, it's just one guy! Wait he's evil! Wait he's good!"

Astroman posted:

It took years for Rick to get to that level, Madison is already taking poo poo over after a couple months. By present Walking Dead Main Show Time she's probably the Warlord of the Greater West Coast or something.

Calling it, next season of Walking Dead starts off with the big setpiece battle between Rick and Negan which is promptly broken up by Madison's tanks rolling in to consolidate her hold on the East.

:getin:

Honestly they need to end Walking Dead with one final season where the Fear cast goes up against them. They really are so hilariously evil.

Tenzarin posted:

Better than garbage people. Seriously how did they never find the garbage people before?

Knock off Adama and his band of murdering psychos they are cool with is not much better.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deadwood reunion! That alone was worth this double episode. Charlie Utter can do no wrong, Dayton Callie is a good cast member for this show.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

One of my favorite things so far is that the main family is pretty much The Worst™ but instead of having the characters work on their flaws, the writers just make the villains somehow even more terrible. The main characters are mostly all impulsive, disrespectful, destructive and completely unapologetic about it but you can trust that the other guys are going to turn out to be evil so all of their lovely actions seem justified to them. This show is so much better when you just assume it's some kind of villain group origin story. With all the changes in writers/showrunners/etc that's happening over the next two seasons I'm hoping that's what they go with.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Honestly they need to end Walking Dead with one final season where the Fear cast goes up against them. They really are so hilariously evil.
I want to see Carl and Alicia fight to the death over who has the best hair in the zombie apocalypse.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh man. That was almost an hilariously bad couple episodes that were more entertaining than they should be.

"Do all the other soldiers know you're psychopaths killing people?" "Yep" "Well guess what we're actually the good guys! It's just one bad apple" "What?" "Oh we'll keep an eye on him when he's around!" "...but he's trying to execute someone in front of you and you're not doing anything." "Yep but we're the good guys."

I love how the whole pitch is three different families coming together, then wiped out two of them. Hilarious.

I mean, c'mon, we're knowingly watching s3 of Fear. We stick around, have some laughs about how dumb everyone is, secretly wonder what we're doing with our lives, moist turtleneck comes in and makes some humorous gifs, the thread goes on as normal.

The eps were goofy and dumb at points, but I found them more entertaining than the past few WD seasons, mostly since even if it's incredibly dumb stuff going on, it hasn't fallen into 'let's spend several episodes talking to trash people and finding them their many many shooty bang bangs' padding it out.

Plus, it's maybe a month or two into the apocalypse, I guess I can buy a bunch of preppers/survivalist militia bros going gently caress it with no gov and deciding:
'Dad says let's get in, get supplies and go.'
'Hey, wait a minute. Just hear me out on this... what if anybody we catch, aside from pretty white ladies, we torture and see how long it takes them to reanimate?'
'Yeah man, that sounds pretty cool actually!'

My money's on El Salvidad burning the survivalist ranch down by episode 8; then disappearing for another half season, like a benevolent arsonist ghost.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
The sound effects during that helicopter scene were hilarious. Helicopters do not have glass windows. And it is extremely difficult to hit a flying object at that speed and altitude, if not completely impossible. If you are above 200 feet you are basically safe, but somehow the shots all came in perpendicular to the flight path with is magic unless they were below some terrain like mountains.

Poppyseed Poundcake fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 6, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah that hole in the front of the windshield confused the poo poo out of me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Was I just incredibly stoned or did I miss like, an entire episode? They only premiered one ep on Sunday, yeah? I thought it ended with Madidumb riding off in the back of the truck?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They had two eps back to back

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ah that makes sense, I was kind of wondering why it wasn't a longer episode for a season premiere. Guess I have some more terrible TV to watch tonight.,

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

The sound effects during that helicopter scene were hilarious. Helicopters do not have glass windows. And it is extremely difficult to hit a flying object at that speed and altitude, if not completely impossible. If you are above 200 feet you are basically safe, but somehow the shots all came in perpendicular to the flight path with is magic unless they were below some terrain like mountains.

I seriously thought they were engaging another helicopter in an air-to-air fight for a minute the way the bullets were coming in.

If it turns out some dipshit with an assault rifle shot the helicopter down like it's Grand Theft Auto that'd be even funnier.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

I seriously thought they were engaging another helicopter in an air-to-air fight for a minute the way the bullets were coming in.

If it turns out some dipshit with an assault rifle shot the helicopter down like it's Grand Theft Auto that'd be even funnier.

it might be the survivalist that took el salvidaughter

Oh, when that guy kept telling Maori Dad he knew a way out what did he say? That he was a janitor there or something?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Practically two Tommen Jumps in one episode?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't paying attention that well... Wedding mother jumped like that but who was the other?

Or does Maori dad count?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no idea what the point of this show is.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The point is to meander from topic to topic making guttural sounds while sometimes ripping someone apart that thinks differently

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have no idea what the point of this show is.

It makes the main show look better. I mean, it's bad too, but at least it has Eugene and a couple other fun nerds.

I haven't watched season 3, 2 was way more than enough for me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

The point is to meander from topic to topic making guttural sounds while sometimes ripping someone apart that thinks differently

Can this just be the thread title

Please

Mods

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

The best part about it was that it only took about a half a dozen rounds to take down the chopper.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

moist turtleneck posted:

I wasn't paying attention that well... Wedding mother jumped like that but who was the other?

Or does Maori dad count?

Well he was trying to, the daughter hosed up it's gif potential with her meddling a bit though.

Thanks for reminding me it was the Wedding mother. I was a bit confused as to why Strand was being forced at gun point to give some random crazy woman a sandwich.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
99% of people have died in a month leaving an abundance food, weapons and medicine and a wide selection of shelter behind but faced with the perils of 400 million roaming predators that can be defeated by a sturdy door our intrepid heroes have opted to live in a place that has no doors and is as far away as possible from anything of any use. Instead we shall start a civil war over a trailer park and some cows in the desert.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/h27YGia.gifv

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

it might be the survivalist that took el salvidaughter

Given he was literally just across the river from them, he'd had to have teleported pretty far (it was night time several hours later) to do this, but this is Fear, so teleporting survivalists with anti-aircraft assault rifles are quite possible

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hey why not, they already had a luxury yacht that operated on the GTA star rating system.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I love all the people giving the show credit for "growing more balls than it's parent series," and "willing to take risks" when in reality the only reason this was happened is "Actor got a gig doing Avatar movies for the next decade."

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I loved Madison saying Travis was a good person, after all those awful things they did. Travis straight up smashed an innocent guy's head in for trying to stop him from murdering 2 kids. (who were little shits but no one else knew that at the time). That's not even counting all the other terrible things that happened.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

A zombies strength must be proportional to the confined space they're in, like an air vent.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:golfclap:

I only had the episode on in the background while playing some games, did I miss anything else? I only caught Strand still at the hotel(completely forgot about all that nonsense), then Madidumb yammering away at some hillbilly looking fucks on a ranch, then Nick pointing a gun at people telling them to save his girlfriend or whatever.

I want more military guys getting pulled in to zombie ducts, damnit. moist can you make a gif of that?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/rSf0ojz.gifv

I didn't edit this one down, it's jumpy as poo poo to begin with

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So when is the thread going to get renamed to "The Walking Thread: Fear doesn't deserve it's own thread?"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

http://i.imgur.com/rSf0ojz.gifv

I didn't edit this one down, it's jumpy as poo poo to begin with

Why didn't he just push himself away from the wall?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blazing Ownager posted:

I love all the people giving the show credit for "growing more balls than it's parent series," and "willing to take risks" when in reality the only reason this was happened is "Actor got a gig doing Avatar movies for the next decade."

The first episode was just them showing off how much of a badass he turned into also.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why didn't he just push himself away from the wall?

because zombies gain superhuman strength in random situations while also having rotten limbs that just fall off in other situations because....?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Varg posted:

because zombies gain superhuman strength in random situations while also having rotten limbs that just fall off in other situations because....?

And being inside a tight vent like that gives you all the extra leverage you need.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

cjg posted:

And being inside a tight vent like that gives you all the extra leverage you need.

I love how drywall has the force needed to resist a human body enough to cause it to fold backwards.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

BonoMan posted:

I love how drywall has the force needed to resist a human body enough to cause it to fold backwards.

One minute he's busting through it with his hands, the next....well...yeah.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

cjg posted:

One minute he's busting through it with his hands, the next....well...yeah.

The zombie virus caused the physics of everything to just quit giving a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

24: Legacy got canceled. Any bets on whether we'll see Heath again in the next couple seasons?