Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I voted tory because my first computer was an Atari ST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

Where are you Brownie? Australia? the UK? the US? If in Oz I can tell you about the 125 TaG series that runs here which looks really awesome and that's what I want into, but I have to lose about 10 more kilos to fit into the lower weight category. OhsH is in the UK and 1500 in Canada so wherever you wanna kart there might be someone here from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XcJlEMZde4&t=1116s

I think that should work, I cued it to the right point. If not, skip to 18 mins 33 seconds. Yep, it worked.

LANCE IS TALKING DIRECTLY TO THE THE WORST THREAD

Hey why dont you just gently caress off out this thread idiot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wish the US had snap elections. How long would it take for Donald to call one

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

No mate, read it. Far more people like me than you. Eat a big fat Alan Jones dick

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wish the US had snap elections. How long would it take for Donald to call one

He would've called one at the loving inauguration.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I like Are Stroll more than either of you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

Far more people like me than you.

Oh, bless your heart.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OhsH posted:

I like Are Stroll more than either of you.

me too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

He would've called one at the loving inauguration.

He would just repeatedly call them so he could campaign all the time. It would be incredible

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm racing on a home modified 2t engine this weekend and it has a massive flat spot in the torque curve and a power peak about 300rpm wide. The lesson is don't even bother trying to modify 2t engines.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ah here is is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6rXSjpdLz0

this is good karting. he loses it halfway through the race and has a huge crash, watch for it!

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Tony Montana posted:

Where are you Brownie? Australia? the UK? the US? If in Oz I can tell you about the 125 TaG series that runs here which looks really awesome and that's what I want into, but I have to lose about 10 more kilos to fit into the lower weight category. OhsH is in the UK and 1500 in Canada so wherever you wanna kart there might be someone here from there.

I'm from Toronto, Canada so I've looked into it a bit and so most of the tracks are outside the city from what I see... which means I'll need to figure out how to get myself to the tracks as well.

Thanks for the advice guys

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

Checking in for duty, centered

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brownie posted:

I'm from Toronto, Canada so I've looked into it a bit and so most of the tracks are outside the city from what I see... which means I'll need to figure out how to get myself to the tracks as well.

Thanks for the advice guys

80s Chevy Astro. Kart will fit right into the back

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am planning on taking up skiing again as my costly hobby.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

thats not very nice

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am planning on taking up skiing again as my costly hobby.

oh yeah. i do love me some skiiing. Id post a video of me doing it if some people wouldn't doxx the poo poo out of me

Hey, like 3 years ago I left my job, moved to Italy and lived for 3 months in Sestriere. The entire ski season, bought a season pass, didn't work and just skied every single day between Dec 1st and like mid Feb. When I went I had never skied before (Australian lol) and by February I was ready for this mission.. start in Italy.. ski to France and have lunch and then ski home to my bed in Italy again.

There is a skiing and snowboard there here on SA with regualrs like Hookshot and .. um .. poo poo I can't remember anymore because it was so long ago. I annoyed the poo poo out of those guys for a while, much like this thread, until a bunch of people decided I was ok and fun and then it was all good :)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've never skiied out in the western US. The word is that skiing out east sucks rear end and results in you becoming extremely good at skiing on lovely snow conditions.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Something I learnt from SA and the few Americans I met in Europe (nice people! whoa!) is that the snow is completely different. Americans talk about the glorious pow (powder) and it sort makes sense to Europeans but actually American snow is much finer, almost like powder sugar or something. European snow (well Italian and French snow, like near Mont Blanc is where I was, but the Alps stretch so far it's a bit silly to generalise too much I guess) is much more granular and coarse.

Australia actually has a snow scene (right here in Victoria, the only place cold enough for there to be any snow at all) but its such a joke compared to real snow that once you've done the real thing you can't really do it here. Forget Hotham and Mt Bulla, just get a cheap ticket to New Zealand and ski the Remarkables, etc. I've done that too, NZ is a magical place. But yeah, Aussie skiiers are really good at skiing on loving rocks and poo poo because our snow fall is so pitiful and I don't know if that's a skill to be super proud of.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
From what I hear, snow where I live (PNW) is wet powder which lots of people don't like (and is sometimes nicknamed "Cascade cement"). The dry powder is in the Rockies.

In New England, 2 inches is a powder day. New England is all about skiing in the rain on ungroomed ice and liking it.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

But yeah, Aussie skiiers are really good at skiing on loving rocks and poo poo because our snow fall is so pitiful and I don't know if that's a skill to be super proud of.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

New England is all about skiing in the rain on ungroomed ice and liking it.

That poo poo actually sounds loving awesome.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

From what I hear, snow where I live (PNW) is wet powder which lots of people don't like (and is sometimes nicknamed "Cascade cement"). The dry powder is in the Rockies.

In New England, 2 inches is a powder day. New England is all about skiing in the rain on ungroomed ice and liking it.

Not sure about Washington but Mt Hood on a good day is glorious.

Also Tony all the rich Aussies come up to Japan. Parts of Hokkaido get bogan as gently caress in our winter/your summer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

harperdc posted:

Not sure about Washington but Mt Hood on a good day is glorious.

Also Tony all the rich Aussies come up to Australia. Parts of Hokkaido get bogan as gently caress in our winter/your summer.

I want to go to Mt. Bachelor in Oregon. Skiing 360 degrees from the summit on a perfectly formed cinder-cone volcano.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

So, a bit weird, but my friend has won the chance to ask questions to Felipe Massa directly as part of a charity thing. I don't have anything I want to ask, but does the worst thread have anything they want to ask him and can they keep it clean while doing so? I'll pass them on to my friend as asked

Ask him to fix another race for you, and bet on it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Also ask him to retire.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ah there you go

OhsH posted:

That poo poo actually sounds loving awesome.

well man, I ride downhill bikes, or did for a long rear end time. Before I moved onto motorsport and four wheels, for a long time I bombed down hills with a Stinky Stab (lol a Kona Stinky, gently caress I got the name of my bike wrong, thats how long it's been) with as much travel front and back as a motorcross bike. For me, bombing down rocks I much prefer on the bike because I have brakes and grip and stuff. Snow is crazy because even when I'm at the point I can just turn perpendicular to the direction of travel at any point and throw a huge shower of snow to slow down, I can't slow down anything like a bike. But I'm going just as fast, it's steeper and there are loving cliffs that if I don't know about I'll fly off and die. So for me, I don't enjoy that on skis.

That's another euro/american difference, in Europe or Italy where I was, nothing is 'marked' like in an American field. Cliffs, trees, all manner of poo poo that will kill you really dead doesn't have any signs or anything and you're just expected to pay loving attention and not being a fuckwit or you'll die. That's how it's always been, thats why many of those mad ski videos from the 80s are in France and whatever because in America its a liability/litigation issue, the French just lol and say 'the mountain is there, if you want to throw yourself down it, that is your right. But it is certainly nobody's else fault if you die!'

harperdc posted:

Also Tony all the rich Aussies come up to Japan. Parts of Hokkaido get bogan as gently caress in our winter/your summer.

Yep, certainly heard everyone talking about that. Bucket list for sure

oh oh I nearly forgot. I was in Sestiere, practicing off-piste skiing the SAME DAY Michael Schumacher fell over. The same loving snow, he was at Chamonix which is the otherside of the same mountain. Chamonix is the French side and Sestriere is the Italian side. I went back to the piste for quite a few days after that before daring to venture off again.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 9, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone I know says Japanese snow is incredible.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I can dig that. I only have the money to do karting as my dangerous hobby.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
am I going to do to the F1 thread what I did to the snow thread? Post bike vids lol and get told to take it to Watch and Weight?

hehe no, but just one. Just gimme one

Ok this is Chris Akrigg who is a loving top bloke and amazing English rider. Many of the top talents are English, the UK had a rad bike scene.

This video is called 5 and goes through 5 of the disciplines, with cross country, downhill and street all being represented.

https://vimeo.com/65855392

Pinkbike.com is a very active bike site with a huge trading section, you could be bombing down hills for a couple of hundred pounds OhsH! Makes you fit too!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Everyone I know says Japanese snow is incredible.

As all things Japanese.

Just ask future Williams F1 driver Alonso-san.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I live in indiana, what hills.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e77ybggTHHg

Heyyyy wait a second. Can one of you inbred fuckers that actually watch NASCAR let me know that, it is indeed fact, that when a driver sees a massive accident which literally clouds your entire vision and you're like 3 corners away from it and have all the time in the world to actually slow down and go around it or, hell, even red flag the race but in fact... you're just supposed to listen to your pit guy and loving gun it and hope to hell that you don't end up Zanardi'ing someone?

Is this accurate?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Heyyyy wait a second. Can one of you inbred fuckers that actually watch NASCAR let me know that, it is indeed fact, that when a driver sees a massive accident which literally clouds your entire vision and you're like 3 corners away from it and have all the time in the world to actually slow down and go around it or, hell, even red flag the race but in fact... you're just supposed to listen to your pit guy and loving gun it and hope to hell that you don't end up Zanardi'ing someone?

Is this accurate?

No, but the conventional wisdom in a turn is that you aim for a crashing car that's ahead of you because it'll slide down the track by the time you get there.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
If you slow down somebody else will pass you while shooting the gap, are you gonna go out like a punk bitch like that????

Mash that gas.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this accurate?

Drivers generally trust the spotter. Yes

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Why doesn't McLaren just hire Robert Duvall?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Since 2003 you don't actually gun it in a wreck zone because the rules changed so you're supposed to slow down immediately. Back in the day the yellow flag only applied once you crossed the S/F line, but there was a convention that the leader could slow the field down if it was too dangerous.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OhsH posted:

I live in indiana, what hills.

poo poo really? lol

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I take payment in meth, or a bullet to the head, for my services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

OhsH posted:

I take payment in meth, or a bullet to the head, for my services.

A true flyover state resident

• Locked thread