Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Go gently caress yourself Deak, read a motherfucking book about the Trail of Tears and the First and Second Seminole Wars. That's not even a comprehensive list of the atrocities Jackson committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Fulchrum that's literally word-for-word the defense of turkish apologists re: the Armenian genocide :)

I mean, that and "well it wasn't Turkey-Turkey that did it, more like almost-there-Turkey"

E: On a more meaningful note, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's UK elections cartoons. Here's to 50 different takes of "NOT Strong and NOT Stable!!!"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Is there a way for me to put Fulchrum on double ignore? I hate reading the replies to his bullshit.

:same:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SexyBlindfold posted:

Fulchrum that's literally word-for-word the defense of turkish apologists re: the Armenian genocide :)

I mean, that and "well it wasn't Turkey-Turkey that did it, more like almost-there-Turkey"

Wasn't one of the defining features of the death marches of the Armenian Genocide that they were forcibly marched to a place where it would be impossible to survive? There is a difference between reservations west of the Mississippi and the Syrian desert.

It was absolutely forced relocation carried out brutally, which is inhuman.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

guys

stop arguing with Fulchrum, it's what he wants

the only person who is happy when someone argues with Fulchrum is Fulchrum

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Jay Rust posted:

Not sure what's going on but I think this cartoon is sweet as hell

Tiger Swan is the name of the mercenary group (read:private security contractor :rolleyes:) That Energy Transfer Partners hired to violently gently caress up the unarmed protestors at standing rock.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/native-news/tigerswan-counter-terrorism-intercept-nodapl/?mqsc=ED3889255

e: The text referring to:

quote:

TigerSwan portrayed NoDAPL as a religious movement, akin to a jihad.

According to The Intercept, TigerSwan went so far as to compare water protectors with fundamentalist Muslims, calling the movement “an ideologically driven insurgency with a strong religious component” and alluding to Iraq and Afghanistan in terms of tactics.

TigerSwan worked against the water protectors as if they were jihadists.

Although the water protectors were unarmed, TigerSwan used tactics more often deployed against suicide bombers and violent protesters. TigerSwan infiltrated the water protectors’ ranks, trolled social media accounts for information and conducted helicopter and drone surveillance of activity far from DAPL construction sites.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 9, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KickerOfMice posted:

Tiger Swan is the name of the mercenary group (read:private security contractor :rolleyes:) That Energy Transfer Partners hired to violently gently caress up the unarmed protestors at standing rock.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/native-news/tigerswan-counter-terrorism-intercept-nodapl/?mqsc=ED3889255

e: The text referring to:

Wait, what? Its not just rhetoric to try and dehumanize them, they are seriously trying to employ the wrong tactics because they're that out of their skulls?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Is there a way for me to put Fulchrum on double ignore? I hate reading the replies to his bullshit.

Since the av change I didn't even realize that was him posting. :v:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
I got bored listening to hockey and was clicking on Tiger Swan's website This is the founder's bio, apparently, and he is a GI Joe hero and possibly an anime. All true, I'm sure, but, it's just so :smugdon:
If you want a chuckle at someone's masturbatory autobiography...

James Reese, Founder and Chairman of TigerSwan, is a cross-functional leader with over 30 years of remarkable achievements in leadership and problem solving. J

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

More accurately-proportioned cartoon: Accomplishments statue the size of an army man, lost in a literal bathtub full of bird poo poo

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Trail of tears wasnt a technical genocide. Id say it was worse because it might as well have been torture. The Native american genocide took place in a little era known as the Colonization of America which the Trail of Tears is one of the many haymakers of.

Why hasnt this guy got liver cancer yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why is the duck talking and thinking at the same time?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why is the duck talking and thinking at the same time?

He is muttering drunkenly to himself

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Picturing the sunglasses and the YEAAAAAAAAHHHH still works for almost every Tinsley.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Oops I keep forgetting to tell a joke.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

In what loving reality can you watch an hour's worth of Comey dunking on Trump and think that he somehow fouled himself off the court?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fart City posted:

In what loving reality can you watch an hour's worth of Comey dunking on Trump and think that he somehow fouled himself off the court?
He said Trump wasn't under investigation in some narrow sense at that time, and stopped short of calling what he did obstruction of justice in the narrow sense...I guess if you ignore everything else, and that Comey is a former prosecutor and knows exactly what he was doing it looked like he screwed up?

edit: oh and he failed to make sense of McCain's Russians + but her emails freeform fusion questions.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fart City posted:

The gist of that cartoon seems to be that Comey testifying that he leaked his own memos is bad for him because reasons.

The problem of course being that the memos weren't classified, there was nothing illegal about it, and all leaks are not equal. But, y'know, ~*~leaks~*~.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
I think the Trail of Tears was technically ethnic cleansing. How Fulchrum thinks that is somehow less bad is beyond me.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Indeed why does fulchrum have such weird and often genuinely insane opinions?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

quote:

drat any man who sympathizes with Indians! ... I have come to kill Indians, and believe it is right and honorable to use any means under God's heaven to kill Indians. ... Kill and scalp all, big and little; nits make lice.
But don't call it a genocide you guys

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Andrew Johnson was a really bad president too. He hated African Americans and did quite a lot to screw up Reconstruction. I'm not sure how quantitatively bad he was but in terms of evil intentions he's wayyyy up there.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Genocide is more than mass murder. The Japanese concentration camps and the Indian boarding schools are both examples of genocidal 20th century American institutions.

Yes, they were both less bad than mass murder. Yes, words have meanings.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
The only ones who will remember Tinsley long after he decomposed is us and that will only be as some half forgotten nightmare about a racist drunk duck.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I would have thought they would have switched targets to Nancy Pelosi or Elizabeth Warren by now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yes, it's Hillary who has no understanding of the U.S. Constitution and not, say, the current actual Republican president.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Man, I just love First Dog's self-deprication

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ahhhh, First Dog. Legitimately my favorite cartoon in this thread.
Also yes, more cartoonists need to self-deprecate.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Hoping for some Lord Buckethead and Corbyn high-fiving a woman's breast in the Brittoons tomorrow.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Someone told Tinsley wearing a sombrero during cinco de mayo was appropriation

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

You... You know the first lady and daughter regularly wear tens of thousands of dollars work of clothes out to official events, right? Like, Meliana wore a dress that cost as much as a BMW. Is this really the best line of attack here?

Also this is 100% pure strain DASGDC

Xen Tricks fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 9, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

My knowledge of UK is very...American (bad), but with a hung parliament does that mean mean May and Corbyn will be trying to get a coalition together with the other parties to have a majority of seats?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

My knowledge of UK is very...American (bad), but with a hung parliament does that mean mean May and Corbyn will be trying to get a coalition together with the other parties to have a majority of seats?

Yes. The makeup of parties also means that Corbyn doesn't have enough allies to make it and May has only allies who want absolutely the opposite of her and the Tories for Brexit.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

Looking at the BBC predictions and the general consensus at the UK General thread (in between well-earned drunken cheering), the Tories will have enough seats to prevent a theoretical Labour+Lib Dem+SNP coalition, but being under the majority threshold means they'll apparently either have to work with Labour or a Northern Ireland Hard Right party of all things, and despite being the worst at social issues, they favor open borders and didn't like Leave AKA Soft Brexit, which is the exact opposite of what May was gunning for with this power play.

tl;dr: May's plan to secure a majority and mandate backfired so spectacularly, the Tories are in the Worst Case Scenario for this election. She'll be crucified and the backroom politics going forward will be bloody as hell.

Also, the one UKIP dude is out on his rear end it looks like, so that's choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So does a coalition have to be formed, or is that what a minority government refers to?

Also I assume May won't be PM for much longer consider how badly she hosed her party.

• Locked thread