Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

hope netflix geralt lays a lot of pipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

theres absolutely no way this will be good on a Netflix budget but I'm hoping it's at least fun in a goofy way

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I feel it has to be non-Geralt stories, like during the height of witcher prominence. Seeing anyone play Geralt and speak in not-Geralt voice would instantly turn people off. That said, this is a deal the book guy made who is extremely mad about the videogames for some reason.

In a perfect world it would be a series revolving around Lambert.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hwes mad becase he signed away his rights t o videogame money nd now cd projekt red is richer than God Himself

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZlIMnIe9e0

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Just wait until you get to the Bank quest in blood and wine.

that quest owns

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

hwes mad becase he signed away his rights t o videogame money nd now cd projekt red is richer than God Himself

lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbf the author guy didn't truly gently caress up until 2. but being owned for not understanding how big the games industry is is pretty intense

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

every day, andrzej duda throws away another sapkowski letter that just says "please give me the government witcher money too. please."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bicyclops posted:

that quest owns

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lots of great quests in b&w. the statue balls quest, the bank quest, the talking horse quest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The games are like the only reason people outside of Poland are reading his books why would he complain

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

frank.club posted:

tbf the author guy didn't truly gently caress up until 2. but being owned for not understanding how big the games industry is is pretty intense

imo he deserves it because he didnt have enough faith in his works to think hed be seeing returns

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Plutonis posted:

The games are like the only reason people outside of Poland are reading his books why would he complain

My guess is he's an old man.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the fantasy world he created involves kids being stolen by riddle bargains and being repeatedly injected with drugs that probably kill them, only so they can grow up to fight monsters forever and have everyone hate them for it. he's probably not the happiest dude in the world.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Literary Agent: Those games are making your books sell pretty well overseas, Andrej, we will be rolling in Zloty.
Andrej: *Velen peasant voice* loving sod off, you pencil dick banker whoreson! gently caress!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I hope some people itt gave wine to Shani instead of the correct gift because then you get the best sex scene in gaming.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plutonis posted:

he genuinely doesn't believe this, he thinks his books getting translated is what made the games popular, and he still has a confused old man belief that games *literally* can't have stories or characters and that the Witcher games are basically complex versions of Tetris or Pong which have his characters and lore as window dressing like having Batman on the side of a pinball cabinet or whatever. For a dude who writes trashy pulp fantasy he's insanely elitist lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Palpek posted:

I hope some people itt gave wine to Shani instead of the correct gift because then you get the best sex scene in gaming.

On the boat?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah, but let's just say that wine changes how it goes ;)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he genuinely doesn't believe this, he thinks his books getting translated is what made the games popular, and he still has a confused old man belief that games *literally* can't have stories or characters and that the Witcher games are basically complex versions of Tetris or Pong which have his characters and lore as window dressing like having Batman on the side of a pinball cabinet or whatever. For a dude who writes trashy pulp fantasy he's insanely elitist lol

he should grow his beard out and go full bloody baron imo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Literary Agent: Those games are making your books sell pretty well overseas, Andrej, we will be rolling in Zloty.
Andrej: *Velen peasant voice* loving sod off, you pencil dick banker whoreson! gently caress!

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i beat the game. thought i got the bad ending. good poo poo. starting blood and win soon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

i beat the game. thought i got the bad ending. good poo poo. starting blood and win soon

have you done heart of stone yet

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

have you done heart of stone yet

Yeah it was excellent

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HOS is my fvorite but B&W is a good way to end a playtrhough.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Blood and Wine is great to just ride around in. The environments are so great, and the people there don't hate your guts for no reason.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HoS is a brilliant compact series of quests telling an amazing story and is probably the best 5-6 hours of the game (apart from the bank heist mission where are the fun looking bits are 90% cutscene for some reason). Blood and Wine is an epic new 30-hour open world adventure by a team at the peak of their powers but obviously isn't as focused. They're both extremely powerful in very different ways, and I love it

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think the author man is just sad that he moved on to writing other stuff and now all anyone wants to talk about are his old witcher novels he lost interest in ages ago

Counterpoint - they're p good books :buddy:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tao of lmao posted:

Blood and Wine is great to just ride around in. The environments are so great, and the people there don't hate your guts for no reason.

B&W is like a long victory lap/end credits. Could have done with a few more cameos

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
fags

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

:wtc:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i picked up the dlcs for this and started a new file..playing through it on the highest difficulty with a lot of HUD stuff turned off and its such a good time, i forgot how drat pretty this game is

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

something ive noticed is that unlike a lot of open world games this game is very good at starving you for resources. there's no get-rich-quick farming exploit and you're constantly using up materials and monster parts, which entices you to explore and just hit that next undiscovered point to maybe nab some ingredients or a sweet chest armor.

it wasnt until very late in the game that i felt i could toss money away on everything and at that point i really felt like i had earned it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

something ive noticed is that unlike a lot of open world games this game is very good at starving you for resources. there's no get-rich-quick farming exploit and you're constantly using up materials and monster parts, which entices you to explore and just hit that next undiscovered point to maybe nab some ingredients or a sweet chest armor.

it wasnt until very late in the game that i felt i could toss money away on everything and at that point i really felt like i had earned it

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

e: nm you mentioned the tax collector

• Locked thread