Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bogan King posted:

Largest party isn't majority. Some countries have more than 2 parties. Exit polls show Tories getting 314 and they need 326 to form majority govt. Everyone and their cousin have declared they won't form a minority govt with May (but lol at that holding up to the light of day when power is involved).

All reason would state that the lib dems would never get into bed with the conservatives again but you just know they'd do it.

loving lib dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Slime posted:

All reason would state that the lib dems would never get into bed with the conservatives again but you just know they'd do it.

loving lib dems

Pre-emptive schad tweet.

https://twitter.com/LibDemPress/status/872935171414249473

and screenshot in case it gets deleted

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

just to laugh at her.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

just to laugh at her.

She's about to throw her hands up in her wide-legged karate stance.

Probably so she can punch orphans.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/bendavis_86/status/872932491753132032

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

:captainpop:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bogan King posted:

Largest party isn't majority. Some countries have more than 2 parties. Exit polls show Tories getting 314 and they need 326 to form majority govt. Everyone and their cousin have declared they won't form a minority govt with May (but lol at that holding up to the light of day when power is involved).

It's also worth pointing out that this election was called by the government at a time when the opposition appeared to be very weak, in order increase the slender majority they had. At the start of the campaign, preventing a conservative landslide would have been seen as a victory.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

It's also worth pointing out that this election was called by the government at a time when the opposition appeared to be very weak, in order increase the slender majority they had. At the start of the campaign, preventing a conservative landslide would have been seen as a victory.

Instead we're seeing this
https://twitter.com/timothy_stanley/status/872965936827052033

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Didn't she learn from the Brexit debacle that calling unnecessary votes can seriously cost you?

I mean that's two PMs in a row :psyduck:

Also one of those handicap parkers got a $880x2 fine, not just $880

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So... as a non british person, what happens in a hung parliament? They run through the spanking machine until the queen selects a new PM?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So... as a non british person, what happens in a hung parliament? They run through the spanking machine until the queen selects a new PM?

You can form a minority government. The Scottish National Party are already talking about supporting Corbyn for PM. So Labour won't have a majority but can negotiate with SNP and others to have a functioning government.

------------------------------------

Nick Clegg has been outed by a kid.

https://twitter.com/paharvey99/status/872976656520163328

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
The schad will be on all of you chicken counters when Theresa May wins.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dumb. posted:

Exit polls aren't usually wrong.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

dumb. posted:

It's the law of the biggest joke. If lefties getting their hopes up and being crushed is funnier than May calling an unlosable election to get a stronger majority and getting trounced then that is what will happen.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Elizabethan Error posted:

i'd be careful with that, since if the tagholder isn't in the vehicle with you, it's not a legit use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1RO9wsfPUU

Well technically the tagholder isn't going to be in the car when the parking spot is in use...

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Bogan King posted:

Unless Clegg has a secret fetish that was just revealed to the world, the word you are looking for is ousted.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bogan King posted:

You can form a minority government. The Scottish National Party are already talking about supporting Corbyn for PM. So Labour won't have a majority but can negotiate with SNP and others to have a functioning government.

------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/paharvey99/status/872976656520163328

Tweet is gone, but I really hope it's true. The last time we had election schadenfreude of that magnitude was when Little Johnny Howard lost his seat after a) holding it for 33 years and b) being Prime Minister for 11 years.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Cugel the Clever posted:

Unless Clegg has a secret fetish that was just revealed to the world, the word you are looking for is ousted.

I'm sorry, English isn't my first language.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Memento posted:

Tweet is gone, but I really hope it's true. The last time we had election schadenfreude of that magnitude was when Little Johnny Howard lost his seat after a) holding it for 33 years and b) being Prime Minister for 11 years.

I got your back fam

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Bogan King posted:

I'm sorry, English isn't my first language.
No worries! 'Outed' is still entirely understandable in context, just risks some initial confusion and amusing misunderstanding.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bogan King posted:

I got your back fam

gently caress yes

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's beautiful.

Speaking of handicap tags, this one has always been my fave because of the border patrol dude flashing his badge to the cop like that'd get him off the hook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAwDAdyvpU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Been binging on watching Highway Patrol Australia lately and it's really satisfying watching them catch some dickheads who refuse to acknowledge the fact that they broke the law. What's even better is that these people will inevitably go 'why aren't you out there catching real criminals instead of pulling people like me up' like they think that the police are going to realise that he's right and let them off the hook.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Testekill posted:

Been binging on watching Highway Patrol Australia lately and it's really satisfying watching them catch some dickheads who refuse to acknowledge the fact that they broke the law. What's even better is that these people will inevitably go 'why aren't you out there catching real criminals instead of pulling people like me up' like they think that the police are going to realise that he's right and let them off the hook.

Any of 'em go "Well, because you're one of them, dumbfuck" or so?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Some train platform schad from my hometown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVeYv5Y6Yg

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bogan King posted:

I got your back fam

The good stuff. Look at that face. And his mate there is a real candidate for preacher_where_is_your_chin.jpg

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/872995859574788097

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

The real question here is how the gently caress he managed to survive 2015.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Dude already had a wooden leg #justbritishthings

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Takes No Damage posted:

Dude already had a wooden leg #justbritishthings

I thought he had a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/LostUKIPdeposit/status/873012903703654400

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-40212652

quote:

Canterbury has elected a Labour MP for the first time since the constituency was formed in 1918.

Tory MP Sir Julian Brazier, who had represented the Kent area for the last 30 years, lost his seat to Rosie Duffield.

The Tories saw five-figure majorities in the 1970s, but the vote fell away in the 80s and early 90s.

Sir Julian, a Brexiteer and former defence minister, was awarded a knighthood in the New Year honours.

Canterbury's turnout was 56,800, and Ms Duffield won 25,572 votes - a 45% share.

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/politics/canterbury-election-result-labour-gain-tories-100-years-jeremy-corbyn-a7780571.html

quote:

Labour has won Canterbury, a seat the Tories have held for 100 years.

The party made huge gains in a seat that has existed in some form since 1387 – and has never been held by Labour.

The last time the Tories lost the seat was to Whig politician John Baker, who took it for the second time in 1802.

Labour's Rosie Duffield won the seat from Conservative Sir Julian Brazier. The result was so close it required a recount, with Ms Duffield winning by less than 200 votes.

That was a 9.33 per cent swing from the Tories to Labour.

The loss came on a night of a shock losses. Those included prominent politicians like Nick Clegg and Ben Gummer, who wrote the Conservative manifesto.

Like, godDAMN.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

A few things can happen.

1) You can do deals with other parties to form a coalition government - basically you and other party share the government roles
2) You can try run as a minority government. This means you're running the show but you need to be very careful about making sure other people are happy enough to vote for your stuff

If you go with two and lose a confidence vote then you're out of a PM but not triggering an election. The job is up for grabs to anyone who thinks they can swing it and actually get enough votes in parliament to start passing poo poo. You've got 14 days to organise that before a new election is triggered.

This means you may get a situation where the UK goes through more PM's than Australia who burn through 1 a year. If they find someone who can take the poison chalice for a bit that means it's 5 years for a new election. If not it's vote again time. That usually goes very poorly for the people who caused all this mess (so the Tory's). Given that Corbyn is having close to the strongest Labour vote ever he's quite likely to do well if a new election is called and it's highly unlikely that his party is stupid enough to roll him. Even though loads of them hate him because he actually gives a poo poo about things other than his own pocket they're all selfish enough to not want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/johnprescott/status/872957575788101632

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/LostUKIPdeposit/status/873045279133515778

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Deposit?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

You pay a deposit to run for office and get it returned if you win. For every losing candidate you run you just lost money.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

How many seats do the nazis have?

I saw this morning they were still on zero, which was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bogan King posted:

This means you may get a situation where the UK goes through more PM's than Australia who burn through 1 a year.

Bet the yanks wish they were this lucky.