Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Eh, in terms of poo poo to do, probably the cities are equal. I really liked visiting Pittsburgh when I was there for the record.

I've been here 18 years and I still find new poo poo to do every day.

I guess Nashville has music about loving your sister and an arena named after tires?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Maybe Soros and Rinne both jus really want to play in Vegas.

Apr 7, 2003

Good soup! posted:

this implies there is a correlation between population and the number (and likely quality) of parties and poo poo

I live in a city that is bigger than both, so I don't think you prove what you think you prove, hth

Houston isn't a city, it's a leech field for chemical companies.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

drat, can't believe there's a whole other period

Apr 7, 2003

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

:jackbud:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Citizen Tayne posted:

I like to ride the trails around here and I got about 18 miles out on the Montour trail before I saw literal tin shacks with confederate flags on them. I think that's where he lives.

Haha, 18 miles is like loving Bethel Park. loving yuppie central my dude. It's between Lebo and Upper Saint Clair. They weren't tin shacks, they were fuckindg lannd rovers and they weren't conferate flags, they were Trump Pence signs

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

I've been here 18 years and I still find new poo poo to do every day.

I guess Nashville has music about loving your sister and an arena named after tires?

Nah, Nashville is a great city. It's just unfortunate they created a hockey team that decided to be amazingly good at home, horrendously bad on the road, and then decide to finish as team #16 so they had no home ice advantage whatsoever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Good soup! posted:

Houston is bigger than both and I can assure you Nashvil
le does parties and festivals better, population size has nothing to do with it
Yeah I wish Pittsburgh could get better festivals and conventions, but the city is a lovecraftian headache to drive through so I can see why people balk at not coming here.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Been in DC 20 years and still run to the O for a dog and some fries every time I visit home. My heart hurts but my soul sings.
Took my brother to Fuel and Fuddle for the first time and it was nice, burger was charred a bit but nothing ketchup could solve. Need to take him somewhere new in Oakland this weekend, eh gently caress it we'll probably go to the O like usual.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

It feels weird to say this, but, hopefully a whole other period in which Hainsey and Maatta play a lot and Crosby and Malkin play very little

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Eric the Mauve posted:

It feels weird to say this, but, hopefully a whole other period in which Hainsey and Maatta play a lot and Crosby and Malkin play very little

Double shifting Guentzel for that rookie record

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'll being going to Bridgestone soon :cool:

but it's to see Iron Maiden instead of the hockey game :shrug: still owns

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012
Well, at least the city of Nashville will get to view the cup, once.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

still cant get over that water bottle

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

Haha, 18 miles is like loving Bethel Park. loving yuppie central my dude. It's between Lebo and Upper Saint Clair. They weren't tin shacks, they were fuckindg lannd rovers and they weren't conferate flags, they were Trump Pence signs

lol no

I went 18 miles out from Coraopolis at the Ohio, that's Washington County out past McDonald. Redneck hell.

Secondly, Bethel Park is blue collar redneck as gently caress. There was a controversy last year over a visiting mostly black football team being called racist slurs.

Median household income in Bethel Park is below the national median.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Pittsburghs famous conventions include anthrocon. And like every other week I see fat guys in top hats and trench coats in the strip.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

Houston isn't a city, it's a leech field for chemical companies.

Actually it's just an insufferably hot swamp full of demonstrably horrendous driving and a lack of vision and ambition

And is also the only major city in Texas without any form of pro ice hockey, even San Antonio has a fuckin team lol gj houston

Apr 7, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Nah, Nashville is a great city. It's just unfortunate they created a hockey team that decided to be amazingly good at home, horrendously bad on the road, and then decide to finish as team #16 so they had no home ice advantage whatsoever.

lol no

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Pittsburghs famous conventions include anthrocon. And like every other week I see fat guys in top hats and trench coats in the strip.

*tips hat* m'yinzer

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

That poo poo started out with people throwing big loving rocks at the furries.

Now we have beerfest and Kenny Chesney.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

*tips hat* m'yinzer

lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I'll being going to Bridgestone soon :cool:

but it's to see Iron Maiden instead of the hockey game :shrug: still owns

Dude I'll be there too. I'll buy you a beer.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

No, they definitely finish #16 and have not had home ice advantage all playoffs long. It's a fact.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I think I'll go see how much it'll cost me to snag a ticket to Game 7, how bad can it--

:stare:

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think I'll go see how much it'll cost me to snag a ticket to Game 7, how bad can it--

:stare:

Plus parking.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol no

I went 18 miles out from Coraopolis at the Ohio, that's Washington County out past McDonald. Redneck hell.

Secondly, Bethel Park is blue collar redneck as gently caress. There was a controversy last year over a visiting mostly black football team being called racist slurs.

Median household income in Bethel Park is below the national median.

Oh poo poo, yeah, you out near Houston and poo poo.

Also, Bethel Parks median income is severely hosed up because it borders Library which is opiod hell. Speaking of opioid hell, Corapolis.

Never mind all this poo poo, Pittsburgh opioid hell no matter where you go. gently caress yeah rust belt.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

achillesforever6 posted:

Should invite you to some of the parties I've been too, though I live in the suburbs so technically not Pittsburgh; I haven't laughed harder than watching my dad and his best friend have a drunken wrestling fight on the 4th of July. That or the time when my Uncle Buck got really drunk while we and my dad's friends were playing pool volleyball and he was talking poo poo to everyone, but that was in Virginia.

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

Also, Bethel Parks median income is severely hosed up because it borders Library which is opiod hell. Speaking of opioid hell, Corapolis.

Never mind all this poo poo, Pittsburgh opioid hell no matter where you go. gently caress yeah rust belt.

Dude, at this point, any rust belt area is opiod hell.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I wish Pittsburgh could get better festivals and conventions, but the city is a lovecraftian headache to drive through so I can see why people balk at not coming here.

My favorite thing about Houston is seeing awesome music acts go on tour and when they release their schedule they loop around Houston and go to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio, I feel so musically owned

The people in this place talk so much poo poo about how they want to be seen as a "world class city" and they can barely run festivals without them being rained out or the organizers making GBS threads their pants and the public transportation is non existent and people legit try to defend the urban sprawl by saying it "grew organically" and so it's not fair to compare it to the Northeast or the west coast :qq:

Way off topic though, I'm just bitter about losing the Aeros and I'm getting interviews for Philly area jobs so I'm gone soon haha

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why would you drive in pittsburgh
why would you drive in any city lol

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Good soup! posted:

I'm getting interviews for Philly area jobs so I'm gone soon haha

May god have mercy on your soul.

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

I live in Beechview in the city and opioids aren't a problem in the city at all. When someone gets picked up for nodding out and crashing it's always some Fayette County trash.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Because you really can't get to much of Pittsburgh without driving. It's pretty bad.

Whereas Philly has great public transit, or at least it theoretically would if all its employees weren't on strike 358 days a year

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Dude I'll be there too. I'll buy you a beer.

:coal: I'll be in section 106

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

bump_fn posted:

lol I'm Pittsburgh we ain't got fuckin infrastructure so we have some of the most limited, lovely public transit for a city its size in maybe the whole east coast.

Apr 7, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Because you really can't get to much of Pittsburgh without driving. It's pretty bad.

Whereas Philly has great public transit, or at least it theoretically would if all its employees weren't on strike 358 days a year

lol what

I drive one day a week and I live in Pittsburgh

I literally went to Costco last night to pick up a contact order and I did it on my bike

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

lol I'm Pittsburgh we ain't got fuckin infrastructure so we have some of the most limited, lovely public transit for a city its size in maybe the whole east coast.

Murrysville isn't Pittsburgh FYI

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Five Hole posted:

That poo poo started out with people throwing big loving rocks at the furries.

Now we have beerfest and Kenny Chesney.

And throwing them out of the William Penn after they found dog bowls and kitty litter bins in the hotel rooms.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Pittsburgh is about as east coast as Cincinnati

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

Murrysville isn't Pittsburgh FYI

wow rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Five Hole posted:

May god have mercy on your soul.

Gonna be back in a major city where I won't have to drive anywhere with a decent climate, a drive away from the shore, skiing, my old stomping grounds and former adult hockey leagues and I might get back into coaching youth leagues I used to play in too

I'm good bruh :respek:

• Locked thread