Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Abner Assington posted:

Pittsburgh is about as east coast as Cincinnati

Pittsburgh is in the mid-Atlantic per the census.

Cincinnati is in the Midwest per the census.

Pittsburgh is east coast.

The_more_you_know.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Pittsburgh is the most driveable"big" city I've lived in. That's pretty much due to it being the smallest big city in the country.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

On a more pleasant note:

That laptop in the iPad commercial is a traitor against general-purpose computing and death is the least of what it deserved.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

These US army anti hacker commercials getting me hype as gently caress, where do I sign up to get my crying eagle poster

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

:coal: I'll be in section 106

I'll be in the Lee company suite :c00l:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Karnegal posted:

Pittsburgh is the most driveable"big" city I've lived in. That's pretty much due to it being the smallest big city in the country.

as someone who grew up in houston being able to make it from the northside to our friends house in bethel park in 30 minutes is astounding it would take me 30 minutes to make it from the west side to the 610 loop in houston

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

car fox isthe worst mascot ever

Apr 7, 2003

Karnegal posted:

Pittsburgh is a 1.3 million person city that is actually a 340,000 person city and 218 suburbs because of racism and balkanization.

It's sorta hosed up.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Citizen Tayne posted:

Murrysville isn't Pittsburgh FYI

Man, the hockey team can be cool and good and the cities infrastructure be suppppper bad. They are not mutually exclusive. Also, the gently caress murraysville gotta do about poo poo?

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Abner Assington posted:

Pittsburgh is about as east coast as Cincinnati

Ohio is the third world.

Good soup! posted:

Gonna be back in a major city where I won't have to drive anywhere with a decent climate, a drive away from the shore, skiing, my old stomping grounds and former adult hockey leagues and I might get back into coaching youth leagues I used to play in too

I'm good bruh :respek:

I see you're already on enough drugs.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Internet posted:

Also, the fun just murraysville gotta do about poo poo.

how hammered are you

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

Man, the hockey team can be cool and good and the cities infrastructure be suppppper bad. They are not mutually exclusive. Also, the fun just murraysville gotta do about poo poo.

I literally drive one day a week, I live on the light rail line and get around via that and bike trails.

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

I literally drive one day a week, I live on the light rail line and get around via that and bike trails.

Is your whole head up Peduto's rear end?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

how hammered are you

Actually not at all, my autocorrect is garbage and I'm just posting so I didn't even proof read that.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'll be in the Lee company suite :c00l:

Never been to bridgestone so I have no frame of reference but that sounds fancy :c00l:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Five Hole posted:

Ohio is the third world.

I see you're already on enough drugs.

Weed is decriminalized there so not enough...yet

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is a 1.3 million person city that is actually a 340,000 person city and 218 suburbs because of racism and balkanization.

It's sorta hosed up.

The geographical area it takes up is practically sprawling compared to where I am now (Boston). I've also lived in Philly and Chicago which are worse cities to drive in. I've been in Baltimore a lot in the past two years since it's where my wife was working, and it is at about Pittsburgh levels

Apr 7, 2003

Five Hole posted:

Is your whole head up Peduto's rear end?

Nah, I'm just not a physical cripple.

I live on the Red line and can take my bike on the T, from there I can get off at Station Square, Gateway, or Allegheny and ride pretty much anywhere in the city and quite a few places that aren't in the city within 40 minutes.

You should try it, maybe you'd lose some loving weight.

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh>Chicago for driving. Oh good god. There is no comparison.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
HORSES

Apr 7, 2003

Karnegal posted:

The geographical area it takes up is practically sprawling compared to where I am now (Boston). I've also lived in Philly and Chicago which are worse cities to drive in. I've been in Baltimore a lot in the past two years since it's where my wife was working, and it is at about Pittsburgh levels

Boston and Pittsburgh are about the same size, 48 sq miles vs 56 sq miles.

Also I've driven in both Philly and Chicago and I prefer driving in those over Pittsburgh. Drivers in Pittsburgh are senile and psychopathic.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
A blowout so bad we have 2 pages about driving in cities

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

You should try it, maybe you'd lose some loving weight.

Washington County buddy.

If it isn't gas powered, we'll die trying to get somewhere.

Apr 7, 2003

Five Hole posted:

Pittsburgh>Chicago for driving. Oh good god. There is no comparison.

lol no, are you insane? I had the easiest time getting around Chicago compared to Pittsburgh and I was driving from 35th at Sox all the way up to Evanston.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Want that extra point

Apr 7, 2003

Five Hole posted:

Washington County buddy.

If it isn't gas powered, we'll die trying to get somewhere.

You deserve death for your poor life choices, no one in their right mind chooses to live in Washington County.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Washington county got the mmvta and that's it. Goes from California Pa to Pittsburgh and back, once an hour.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

I hope this continues.

Also San Francisco is the worst city to drive in

Apr 7, 2003

I like taking my bike on the train because then women talk to me and admire my sexy cyclist legs.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

I mean, are we supposed to pretend that this is still a game?

Five Hole
Dec 18, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

You deserve death for your poor life choices, no one in their right mind chooses to live in Washington County.

Cheap loving living and I'm not paying anywhere near the taxes you are.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Years ago I used to ride the bus from the west end to Oakland every Friday and Saturday night at like 11 pm. That's why I drive now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Raylen posted:

I hope this continues.

Los Angeles and the surrounding area has my vote

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Haha the NBC guys seem bored now too

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
What happened to the Preds fans?

Apr 7, 2003

Five Hole posted:

Cheap loving living and I'm not paying anywhere near the taxes you are.

That's a lie btw

My mortgage for an 1800 square foot house in the city is $755 a month all included and my property taxes are about $850 a year.

"Taxes are lower out here" is a lie to make you feel better about driving a half hour to get anywhere.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Raylen posted:

nice now i can get in on the chat

depends on where you're driving. downtown or on the major highways during rush hour? fuckkkkkkkkk no. otherwise it's not so bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress yeah bad powerplay coming up on a weak trip

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Captain Internet posted:

What happened to the Preds fans?

what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

Pillbug

bizarre deformity posted:

Los Angeles and the surrounding area has my vote

Oh god, this is also true. I rode my motorcycle down the Coastal Highway, got to LA, and immediately regretted entering the city.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

nice now i can get in on the chat

depends on where you're driving. downtown or on the major highways during rush hour? fuckkkkkkkkk no. otherwise it's not so bad

101 and 880 can suck a major dick. I hate them so much.

• Locked thread