Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I'd love to see a sequel/re-imagining of Kanto. Familiar locations, but a lot of differences. Maybe some event changed the region, they expanded it north, or cities are more built up. Or a combination of Johto and Kanto. where the mountain region between the two got wrecked a pokemon or the regions decided to come together and build there?

But yeah, if they ever revisit old regions, expanded dex/selection pre-e3 is an absolute must. Even if they ever do a D/P/Pt remake, I really hope they expand pokemon selection beyond that gen rather then leaving it all to a late game/stupid mechanic thing.

Plat has a decent dex as is (if you include Murkrow), but it could definitely be beefed up a bit yeah.

It'll be really annoying if they use the D/P dex. Locking Rotom to the postgame for no reason is still one of the dumbest decisions they ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Just got my second ever perfect Pokemon, haha. I currently have 2 5 IV ones (bad atk stat) if anyone wants them later. Still 40 more eggs of disappointment to hatch before I see if I for sure didn't get a shiny, so there may be more.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Hrist posted:

Just got my second ever perfect Pokemon, haha. I currently have 2 5 IV ones (bad atk stat) if anyone wants them later. Still 40 more eggs of disappointment to hatch before I see if I for sure didn't get a shiny, so there may be more.
Do you need a 6IV ditto?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

it actually would be kinda dope to see some of the kanto stuff rendered in a SuMo (or better) engine

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Kanto and Johto But Not Boring would be revolutionary, so it's never going to happen.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

OgreNoah posted:

Do you need a 6IV ditto?

I have one already. Thanks though. I just got done hatching another 4 full boxes of no shinies, btw. I think this makes at least 12 total between different types of pokemon since I got the charm, all with a foreign ditto. At this point I'm out of stuff that I even want to try to get a shiny of.

Anyway, I have 4 total 5 IV birds if anyone wants them later. They'll all be the purple form, but obviously they can be changed if you want to after you get it. I'm gonna check their hidden power elements first though. So there might be a 5th one if none of them have anything I want. They're all Timid nature in a premiere ball. Send me a PM with your friend code if you want one, and I'll check back later today.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Hrist posted:

I have one already. Thanks though. I just got done hatching another 4 full boxes of no shinies, btw. I think this makes at least 12 total between different types of pokemon since I got the charm, all with a foreign ditto. At this point I'm out of stuff that I even want to try to get a shiny of.

Anyway, I have 4 total 5 IV birds if anyone wants them later. They'll all be the purple form, but obviously they can be changed if you want to after you get it. I'm gonna check their hidden power elements first though. So there might be a 5th one if none of them have anything I want. They're all Timid nature in a premiere ball. Send me a PM with your friend code if you want one, and I'll check back later today.

That's only 360 eggs. Masuda method+Charm brings odds up to 1/512.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Shiny breeding still feels incredibly mired in busywork compared to things like chainfishing.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Dienes posted:

That's only 360 eggs. Masuda method+Charm brings odds up to 1/512.

Yeah and it's not even that much. I got to 900+ before finding my shiny Sandygast. Worth it tho.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

OgreNoah posted:

Yeah and it's not even that much. I got to 900+ before finding my shiny Sandygast. Worth it tho.
I feel like there's a Stockholm Syndrome joke to be made here.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I know next to nothing about Pokemon breeding but if the stats of the ditto are important than I've clearly been loving it all up since they're garbage, but getting lucky enough by random chance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chronojam posted:

I know next to nothing about Pokemon breeding but if the stats of the ditto are important than I've clearly been loving it all up since they're garbage, but getting lucky enough by random chance.

Yeah, pokemon inherit IVs from both their parents including Ditto. Having a Ditto with good IVs can make things a lot easier.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

clefable, keldeo, bisharp, and gengar are back in ou like the lord M*suda intended

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Keldeo was fine down in uu this tier but I'm glad it's gone either way.

Edit: also how the gently caress is gengar OU? Literally every time I use him i run into magearna and ash Greninja on every team and he feels so useless.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jun 9, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ruggington posted:

clefable, keldeo, bisharp, and gengar are back in ou like the lord M*suda intended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

252+ SpA Gengar Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 254-300 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 382-450 (134 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not much you can do about Magearna, though.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

PMush Perfect posted:

Shiny breeding still feels incredibly mired in busywork compared to things like chainfishing.

Every breeding and training mechanic in Pokemon games is tedious as gently caress and it's 'cause Game Freak thinks they're too good to steal from Monster Rancher

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
If I had the choice between them being more active and staying the way they are I would rather breeding stays the way it is. I can't imagine having to do a mini game every time I have an egg come out only to have it have the wrong stats or something like that. Repeat somewhere between 20 and 100 times. Or having to do a mini game to get four EVs instead of knockout 1 Pokemon. All I would maybe want is for a way to better control what IVs are passed down while breeding. Training can stay the way they have it currently with poke-pelago. Though I did prefer horses to sos battles. Hordes were easier to work with for odd spreads I feel.

Also nth-ing that I like the look of the Samurai style Necrosma armor on Lunaala and Solgaleo. But I'm really not liking the extra hands coming out of Lunaala's stomache and Solgaleo's back.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Or, maybe, they could just make it take way less time? The problem with "doing nothing while hatching five hundred eggs" is not really the 'doing nothing' part.

Note; have not actually used Poke Pelagic or seriously​ bred stuff in SM yet, so maybe it's all fine and dandy now and I'm none the wiser

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It's easier than it was last gen, for sure.

Still, I miss diming my circle pad and biking around the Eiffel Tower while I paint miniatures or something

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
If bottle caps didn't require your mon to be at lv100, breeding would be simple as hell now. Nature, egg moves, done. It used to be easy as gently caress to get a mon to 100 but they had to take Blissey Bases away from us.
The thing they also need to bring back is routes where you only ever run into Pokemon with the EV drops you want. Just gimme six little zones where I can max out each stat painlessly.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Keldeo was fine down in uu this tier but I'm glad it's gone either way.

Edit: also how the gently caress is gengar OU? Literally every time I use him i run into magearna and ash Greninja on every team and he feels so useless.

It's a lot better in theory than in practice but ghost moves are even more spammable than last gen since there are almost no weavile or tyranitars to pursuit you so against non offensive trams you just click shadow ball a billion times

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
maybe I should change the laught- part in my username to woop-

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

less laughter posted:

maybe you should change laughter to posting

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

less laughter posted:

Oh, as one of those "name yourself after something horrifying" usernames, like "BEES INSIDE MY ANUS" or whatever?

Edit Mods, please change my name to BEES INSIDE MY ANUS, thank you, that is all.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

It's a lot better in theory than in practice but ghost moves are even more spammable than last gen since there are almost no weavile or tyranitars to pursuit you so against non offensive trams you just click shadow ball a billion times

Isn't it also just the best pokemon you can click poison moves with? Relevant in a world of Tapus + Tangela being on every team.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am absolutely enjoying a physical scarf protean Greninja right now. This man is one hitting opposing grens, volcaronas, tapu koko, all kinds of poo poo. Waterfall, u-turn, rock slide/tomb, gunk shot. Also people switch in Chansey and spdef tangrowth on it and gunk shot on the switch wrecks.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
In USUM they should let us fly on Buzzwole instead of Charizard

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Magikarp Jump updated just in time, I was worried I would be trapped in Extra League 3 forever

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-588915434

ahh, yes, the classic gravity spam team

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

That's, uh... He gotcha, I guess.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ffffffffff

my photo upload on internet

Preorders go up on the 13th, and preordering from two specific (Japanese sites) gets you a bonus Pikachu figure to go along with the three Kanto starters. If this does well, I hope they make the grown up version too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

Ffffffffff

my photo upload on internet

Preorders go up on the 13th, and preordering from two specific (Japanese sites) gets you a bonus Pikachu figure to go along with the three Kanto starters. If this does well, I hope they make the grown up version too.
Poor self-conscious Red, wearing baggy pants to hide his ball-jointed ankles. :ohdear:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Smogon tier changes for June:

Mew moved from UU to OU
Beedrill-Mega moved from OU to UU
Sceptile-Mega moved from OU to UU
Mamoswine moved from OU to UU
Muk-Alola moved from OU to UU
Clefable moved from UU to OU
Salamence moved from OU to BL
Kyurem-Black moved from BL to OU :golfclap:
Steelix-Mega moved from OU to UU
Buzzwole moved from OU to UU
Pidgeot-Mega moved from OU to UU
Crawdaunt moved from BL2 to UU
Houndoom-Mega moved from OU to UU
Smeargle moved from NU to OU
Keldeo moved from UU to OU
Bisharp moved from UU to OU
Pelipper moved from OU to UU
Xurkitree moved from OU to UU
Nidoqueen moved from NU to UU
Audino-Mega moved from OU to UU
Gengar moved from UU to OU
Swampert-Mega moved from OU to UU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

less laughter posted:

Smogon tier changes for June:

Mew moved from UU to OU
Beedrill-Mega moved from OU to UU
Sceptile-Mega moved from OU to UU
Mamoswine moved from OU to UU
Muk-Alola moved from OU to UU
Clefable moved from UU to OU
Salamence moved from OU to BL
Kyurem-Black moved from BL to OU :golfclap:
Steelix-Mega moved from OU to UU
Buzzwole moved from OU to UU
Pidgeot-Mega moved from OU to UU
Crawdaunt moved from BL2 to UU
Houndoom-Mega moved from OU to UU
Smeargle moved from NU to OU
Keldeo moved from UU to OU
Bisharp moved from UU to OU
Pelipper moved from OU to UU
Xurkitree moved from OU to UU
Nidoqueen moved from NU to UU
Audino-Mega moved from OU to UU
Gengar moved from UU to OU
Swampert-Mega moved from OU to UU

:ok:

I'm sure there are many well thought out reasons for all of these changes!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

DizzyBum posted:

:ok:

I'm sure there are many well thought out reasons for all of these changes!

They're literally all just based on usage

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Idk why every webs team used smeargle because shuckle is way better at actually getting it up with mental herb and sturdy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alolan muk was good? Thats cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

It was literally just used as a pursuiter that isn't weak to fairy until people realized pursuiting lele was still a 50/50 at best because specs moonblast hurts and then you just get set up on by everything even if you guess right and kill it