Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Slung Blade posted:

What say you, does this fit your criteria?

Absolutely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

joat mon posted:

Absolutely!

Very well, thank you for letting me share my truck's story.

:havlat:post a picture of the best burnout patch in your locality, that you didn't create yourself:havlat:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Slung Blade posted:

Tearjerker truck story

This made my friggin' day.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I love that old truck and the story.

No, I'm not crying, it's allergies.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

QuarkMartial posted:

I love that old truck and the story.

No, I'm not crying, it's allergies.

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Slung Blade posted:

Very well, thank you for letting me share my truck's story.

:havlat:post a picture of the best burnout patch in your locality, that you didn't create yourself:havlat:
I had to risk life and limb for this, drat Cape Cod Tourists!

https://i.imgur.com/RkYmXnw.gifv

Someone did several rotations in the middle of Rt 28. Does that count?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

sharkytm posted:

Knowing where that is and what must've been involved, I say yes, but I am not the arbiter of what is right.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

beep-beep car is go posted:

Knowing where that is and what must've been involved, I say yes, but I am not the arbiter of what is right.

Just North of the 151 exit. You a local?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

sharkytm posted:

Plenty good enough for me.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Pretty drat ballsy to stop in the middle of the highway, do a donut, then just drive on like nothing happened. Well, ballsy or just plain dumb, I guess.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Or it was three am.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Slung Blade posted:

Plenty good enough for me.
Probably 3AM.

OK, my turn then...

:havlat:Post a picture of your car in front of a ridiculous artificial roadside attraction/tourist trap. Giant Fiberglass Pineapple? Great. World's Largest Ball of Yarn? Perfect. Concrete Dinosaurs? Fine. Corn Palace? Acceptable.

If someone gets one in front of Roadside America in PA, I'll donate :10bux: to the ACLU.

No signage, or natural wonders allowed.
:havlat:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh I have an idea for this. Posting momentary.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
How's this?

Also will have footage of them moving the General Lee once it warms up and he puts it in gear...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Doesn't count, this was two weeks ago:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Whale_of_Catoosa

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm sad I was at work until late last night and was beaten to the burnout/skids because Motofest was held in town last weekend and there's plenty on the roads...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

QuarkMartial posted:

How's this?

Also will have footage of them moving the General Lee once it warms up and he puts it in gear...

Eh, I'll allow it. The Fiberglass General Lee is what I was looking for. What parts move?

\/\/\/ That's perfect, shame it wasn't recent.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm sad I was at work until late last night and was beaten to the burnout/skids because Motofest was held in town last weekend and there's plenty on the roads...

:lol: Yeah, that's way more impressive, although obviously officially sanctioned. Still impressive!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

sharkytm posted:

Eh, I'll allow it. The Fiberglass General Lee is what I was looking for. What parts move?

\/\/\/ That's perfect, shame it wasn't recent.

:lol: Yeah, that's way more impressive, although obviously officially sanctioned. Still impressive!

It's a fully running car: https://youtu.be/iCuRamwUpQg

This is probably super easy, but I've had it in mind for a bit, and it goes out to my struggle folks

:siren:Next challenge: Post a photo of your vehicle's dash with two or more warning lights that are NOT the check engine light. Example: ABS and Airbag Warning. Warning lights you can cut on and off, like "TCS Off" warning lights do not count.

Oh, and yeah. They all come on when the key is on acc / during ignition. Doesn't count. Your shits gotta be broken. :v:
:siren:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

poo poo, that's going to be a hard one.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Welp... three days ago I could have nailed it, left home and after about a mile got "Brake" light and "Low Brake Fluid - Service now".

Dumb dealership left the cap loose and the fluid was sloshing out whenever I stopped.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm. Brake light on my truck has been on for... oh, ten years or so, but that's the only one. I think it only has four lights? Brake, Oil, engine, and... hmm, maybe it only has three...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm. Brake light on my truck has been on for... oh, ten years or so, but that's the only one. I think it only has four lights? Brake, Oil, engine, and... hmm, maybe it only has three...

Battery?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's got a volts gauge, so I'm thinking no.

just went and looked:

BRAKE
CHECK GAUGES
SERVICE ENGINE SOON
and the seatbelt light that tells you if you haven't buckled your seatbelt. Oil temp and battery volts are gauges.

e. I'm assuming the seatbelt light is one of those that you can cut on and off and therefore doesn't count

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 9, 2017

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Damnit, I took the cluster apart and taped over them, but my ABS and TPMS lights are on intermittently in the Vibe because of what I assume is a faulty wheel speed sensor.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
NOT AN ENTRY
If I'd had more time this would have been my tire marks submission. Not too bad.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Goon call as to whether this counts as 2 separate lights, since iirc the abs automatically turns the brake light on as well.

E: assuming it counts, take a picture of your car next to its senior at least 20 years older. This can be the same model (05 civic next to an 85) or the closest equivalent in the same segment if the exact model doesn't exist (ie an 09 Focus next to a Pinto), but it must be from the same brand. Alternately, if you drive a car 97 or older, take one with its modern equivalent, again with a >20 model year gap. The older the old car is, the better.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 10, 2017

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Works for me!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

sharkytm posted:

Just North of the 151 exit. You a local?

Ish. Work buddy grew up in Hyannis. I was a North Shore guy. Now I live outside of Albany NY, :sigh:

We're trying to move back.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Not a submission but a guy at work has an e46. Too new :(

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Enourmo posted:

Goon call as to whether this counts as 2 separate lights, since iirc the abs automatically turns the brake light on as well.

E: assuming it counts, take a picture of your car next to its senior at least 20 years older. This can be the same model (05 civic next to an 85) or the closest equivalent in the same segment if the exact model doesn't exist (ie an 09 Focus next to a Pinto), but it must be from the same brand. Alternately, if you drive a car 97 or older, take one with its modern equivalent, again with a >20 model year gap. The older the old car is, the better.

Aka the lol gently caress the rust belt challenge

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ish. Work buddy grew up in Hyannis. I was a North Shore guy. Now I live outside of Albany NY, :sigh:

We're trying to move back.

As someone who lives outside of Albany, good choice.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Gingerbread House Music posted:

As someone who lives outside of Albany, good choice.

Schenectady isn't ba--I can't do it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Schenectady isn't ba--I can't do it.

Ithaca is nice... but that's about it.

I'd skip the Cape, the mainland is where it's at. Prices are high as gently caress, tourists are annoying, and the place basically closes in winter unless you're a junkie or scientist.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Enourmo posted:

I took this yesterday so I guess it doesn't really count. :( still a cool coincidence.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

`Nemesis posted:

Aka the lol gently caress the rust belt challenge

Anyone got a 1984 or older mazda 626 handy? :classiclol:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I literally just just the matrix, or I could park it beside the '71 Corolla wagon.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

How exactly are we defining model families here because I'm sure I can find a post-2001 Jetta to go with this VW Pickup

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 11, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Only about a decade apart.
2005 Mercury Grand Marquis, part of the Panther platform
2017 Grey kitten, Panthera Minitura.

No I can't get closer for a better picture, he runs away. At least he's eating.

And just to be clear, this is a joke entry.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 11, 2017

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I went out today to attempt this challenge but only technically managed 18 years going by official vehicle registration dates

I'm going to go out again tomorrow and try harder to find one. Since in theory I can manage up to a 47 year difference on the same model I'm gonna do this challenge properly!

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 11, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I was planning a similar attempt, but didn't spot any likely suspects while I was out in the 109.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Augh. I really want to take part in one of these but there is no way in hell I'm going to find a first gen Accord on the road here.

• Locked thread