Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Is there a list of what trances do what?
Fancy status effects, but here's what's current to JP for Legend Materia. (They're all 25 sec status)

Dark Knight Cecil Crimson Curse: +35% ATK, -35% DEF
Locke Phoenix Mode: +35% ATK, Quick Cast
Terra Trance: +20% ATK, DEF, MAG, RES, MND, ACC and EVA, Quick Cast
Sephiroth Trance: +50% ATK, -50% DEF, High Quick Cast
Vincent Galian Beast Mode: +20% ATK, DEF, MAG, RES, MND, ACC and EVA, Quick Cast
Zidane Trance: +15% ATK, DEF, MAG, RES, MND, ACC, EVA and SPD, Instant Cast Thief
Steiner Trance: +25% ATK and DEF, increases Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Water, Holy, Dark and Poison damage dealt by ?%
Vivi Trance: MAG +30%, 50% chance to dualcast Black Magic abilities
Shantotto Play Rough Mode: +30% MAG, -30% DEF and RES, High Quick Cast

Also, quick and dirty translation for the Legend Spheres motes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pander posted:

Hahaha decided my earlier misgivings about this select banner were silly, I only had 4 dupes, lots of decent stuff...

2/11

Third plat sword
Wizard staff, the least interesting relic on the banner for me I didn't already have, since I had two ffvii medicas.

I want to rage pull again on principle but I need to save for extreme fest, down to 100 myth.

God I'm dumb.

If you're looking for moral support, yes you'd be a fool if you pulled again. There are much much better banners coming. This is a great beginners banner, but the game's about to power creep a lot.

My general advice from looking at the next 6 months or so of banners, the absolute best, based on both reappearances and quality that people should save for:
VII with Cloud USB on July 4
IV banner 1 with Edge USB roughly in August
V banner 1 with Bartz USB roughly in September
30th fest banners

Extreme fest banners are pretty good, but mostly if you're really lacking in general BSBs. Of course, everyone should pull whatever they want.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

iamsosmrt posted:

If you're looking for moral support, yes you'd be a fool if you pulled again. There are much much better banners coming. This is a great beginners banner, but the game's about to power creep a lot.

My general advice from looking at the next 6 months or so of banners, the absolute best, based on both reappearances and quality that people should save for:
VII with Cloud USB on July 4
IV banner 1 with Edge USB roughly in August
V banner 1 with Bartz USB roughly in September
30th fest banners

Extreme fest banners are pretty good, but mostly if you're really lacking in general BSBs. Of course, everyone should pull whatever they want.

I still lack a healing BSB so I basically eyeball chances to get them above all else. I have good support and DPS options in almost all respects, but the lack of healing BSB drives me insane.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I got greedy. Don't get greedy

That's good!

That's bad. Again my friends don't get greedy with Extreme Fest coming up!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

If you don't already have a hastega for XIII that's not awful.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Pander posted:

If you don't already have a hastega for XIII that's not awful.

It's a dupe :v:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My pulls in a nutshell:

I still have two more coats. Please stop.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Armitage posted:

It's a dupe :v:

condolences.

I like this banner a fair bit, except I have Cid's gloves (SSB, not BSB) so I'm not pulling because I'd 100% go gloves/11.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

AegisP posted:

My pulls in a nutshell:

Neat!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
drat, this is tempting. Was not expecting this banner before Cloud. I have 196 mithril, but I know I want 50 for luckies, and then I need a bunch for Cloud and Extreme Fest.

But this banner has no dupes, Metamorphosis Claws, and my 13 synergy kinda sucks. Wish I could see Extreme Fest banners to help with this, but guessing there's no overlap. Decisions, decisions...

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

AegisP posted:

My pulls in a nutshell:

Lightning's Reprise's Reprise's Reprise

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, there's a new dark element BSB on this banner. Guess what I got from my 100 gem draw?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
5/11

Meteorblaze, Lightning's Reprise, Cid's Finery, Raines's Reprise, Metamorphosis Claws.

I think the game wants me to use Cid Raines you guys. :v:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got the lightning usb from my dollar pull from gems that the game erroneously gave me because it screwed up my last purchase and I contacted support who then gave me my gems and now the game said I had an unfulfilled purchase detected when I tried to buy more.

I let the support lady that handled my issue know about it though because I don't want to ruin whatever karma I have going for me right now

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I got a 3 star icebrand on my dollar pull haha.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
There are like 5 great things, two cool things, and 4 consolation prizes for me on this banner. Gotta prepare myself to just getting 1-4 consolation prizes on my pull. Or the comedy option of Cid Raines Legend Materia when I have absolutely nothing else for him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Randabis posted:

I got a 3 star icebrand on my dollar pull haha.

Ditto. But I got Ramza's USB in my first 100 gem pull so 1/3 on them still feels pretty good.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm tempted to pull on this banner for the imperil BSB that comes on a character who can use wrath.

The USB or 6* dark boosting claw would also be nice, I suppose.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dollar pull: 3 Star Trash

First 11 Pull: Lightning BSB2

I should have stopped.

Second 11 Pull: Lightning LMR, Raines LMR, Serah SSB

I should have stopped.

Rage Third 11 Pull: Raines BSB

Great but really not worth all the expended resources.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Eh, 150 mithril for something meta-defining is pretty fine. And you spent 150 mithril for something meta-defining, something to improve that ability, a lightning imperil BSB, something to improve that ability, and a magic buff with haste. That's not a bad use of 150 mithril.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

HPanda posted:

Eh, 150 mithril for something meta-defining is pretty fine. And you spent 150 mithril for something meta-defining, something to improve that ability, a lightning imperil BSB, something to improve that ability, and a magic buff with haste. That's not a bad use of 150 mithril.

Yeah, I don't see the problem here. That's a great set of complementary relics. I mean, I get not wanting to spend 150 mythril on a banner, but it could've gone much much much much much much worse.

Remember: LMRs are only bad if you have nothing that it works with for that character. In your case, they work very well with the other relics you pulled.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, I don't see the problem here. That's a great set of complementary relics. I mean, I get not wanting to spend 150 mythril on a banner, but it could've gone much much much much much much worse.

Remember: LMRs are only bad if you have nothing that it works with for that character. In your case, they work very well with the other relics you pulled.

Yeah, even assuming the worst case scenario - that Light's BSB2 and Serah's SSB were dupes, since you were chasing Raines BSB and everything else is new to the banner - the LMs work well with those and you got your Raines Mode.

EDIT:

Schwartzcough posted:

it could've gone much much much much much much worse.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 9, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, even assuming the worst case scenario - that Light's BSB2 and Serah's SSB were dupes, since you were chasing Raines BSB and everything else is new to the banner - the LMs work well with those and you got your Raines Mode.

EDIT:

Yeah, that takes the cake.

I guess for me this was a banner of "nice to have but not essentials" that I got caught up in during the spur of the moment. I already have a top tier mage meta team, but lacked Raines. I didn't really *need* Raines, which is why I'm feeling a sense of regret over it. Also I had a pretty good Lightning team covered already for Magicite but I got greedy.

I mean, its even better now, but diminishing marginal returns and all that. I probably shouldn't have blown 100 mythril + 3000 gems to very slightly improve my teams.

But now Lightning is going to eat ALL THE EGGS, followed closely by Raines

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I got 1/11 Nabaat SSB. Could've been worse. I'm like 0/9 pulls for Raines now. At least I didn't get one of my 3 dupes. Also reverse wall is usable.

This Cloud delay is really messing things up...

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I got Lightning's USB but I don't have her Bsb2.

I guess I can go USB into OSB spam, supported by wrathbots? Is that a thing?

Any chance the imperil lucky banner will coincide with this one?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I mean, its even better now, but diminishing marginal returns and all that. I probably shouldn't have blown 100 mythril + 3000 gems to very slightly improve my teams.

"Diminishing marginal returns" is the name of the power creep game, honestly. Once you get to that point, you either ride the wave and keep pouring out premium currency for those marginal gains, or you save up and slowly start to lag behind, but get a significant power boost when you do pull.

That's why a lot of the old guard have stopped caring about whether a banner is good or bad (honestly, every event now has at least one outstanding banner, if not two) and have just settled back on "pull for what you wanna".

KPC_Mammon posted:

I got Lightning's USB but I don't have her Bsb2.

I guess I can go USB into OSB spam, supported by wrathbots? Is that a thing?

Any chance the imperil lucky banner will coincide with this one?

That's potentially an option, but you'd do just as well slapping a decently honed (R3 or higher) Thundering Twinstrike on her. Wrathbots are generally at their best when you're feeding a setup that takes multiple SB-based buffs, and even then it's only best for marginal cases.

The Imperil lucky draw is very likely going to be on the 22nd - Extreme Fest proper is estimated to start on the 24th, which means we'd get the Curaga Draw on the 21st, Imperils on 22nd, and BSB+ on 23rd. Even if it doesn't coincide with the event, Lightning BSB2 is old enough that it'll show up on that draw.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 9, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

drat, those Terra and Vivi trance modes look nuts.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

So, 50 mythril down and I'm sitting on Gilgamesh's OSB, Rydia's OSB, and Rinoa's BSB.

Going to have at the support and celebrity half-offs before time runs out, but with Shout already a thing and discovering that I have Edward's mage version, I think I'm in a good place no matter where the physical or magical relics fall :unsmith:

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I have been anxiously awaiting this banner for months, so I was really happy to see it come early. I didn't want to spend more than 3 11x pulls, ideally 2; but I wanted nearly everything, everything except for Serah's Bow.

Dollar:
3 star

1st 11x pull:
2 Bows....

Alright, now I'm a bit mad, so I immediately pull again:
Lightning USB, Nabaat's SSB, and another bow

I was extremely happy to get the USB, but I still wanted enough of the banner to risk another pull:
Cid's BSB and Seraph's Wing SSB

I finally have Raines to complete my mage meta, just missing a couple of elemental pieces to feel pretty well covered. LMRs and the other BSBs would have been nice, but I'm still happy.

For Cid, with those two soulbreaks, is it worth it to wrath into Seraph's Wing and then Dark Zone into the BSB? Or just take doom (RM, or memento mori I guess) and then go straight into BSB?

Oryp fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 9, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Another 25, jeez, I was really drat far behind on realm dungeons, holy moley

Two BSBs, plus a gun arm, so it's good all around. These half-offs are going way better than pulls did two years ago :toot:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is Tyro's LM a good first one to go for if I have his USB and SG to keep both up ?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is Tyro's LM a good first one to go for if I have his USB and SG to keep both up ?
It's a pretty good choice, but do take a look at other people who use Wisdom Motes (just about every Black/White Mage) and Bravery Motes to see if there's anyone else you have good relics for want to dive.

As some popular examples, Raines and Y'shtola's BSBs make their dives very attractive but they both conflict with Tyro. Same with Terra if you're planning on chasing her USB, or Beatrix and Cecil with Bravery Motes ect. Take a peek at the diagram below before choosing.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Here is a map of overlapping mote usage:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

pichupal posted:

It's a pretty good choice, but do take a look at other people who use Wisdom Motes (just about every Black/White Mage) and Bravery Motes to see if there's anyone else you have good relics for want to dive.

As some popular examples, Raines and Y'shtola's BSBs make their dives very attractive but they both conflict with Tyro. Same with Terra if you're planning on chasing her USB, or Beatrix and Cecil with Bravery Motes ect. Take a peek at the diagram below before choosing.
I did just get Yshtola's BSB and stone skin which is making me reconsider how much I use Tyro.

In general I don't use many black mages but maybe I'll wait until I roll some more.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Is Extreme Fest going to have any sort of associated Mythril giveaway like the anniversary fest did in March?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

saltylopez posted:

Is Extreme Fest going to have any sort of associated Mythril giveaway like the anniversary fest did in March?

No way of knowing but I wouldn't be surprised.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
5x11
Raines OSB
Raines BSB
Raines SSB
Nabaat SSB
Serah SSB

My best pull in months! Finally got those stupid Claws after pulling on every banner with them.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
These reforged 4* gear are super sweet RS stat sticks. In other unrelated news I have no Gil and need the orbfest like right now.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

These reforged 4* gear are super sweet RS stat sticks. In other unrelated news I have no Gil and need the orbfest like right now.

If you've got spares, consider selling Scarletite and Adamantite. You can pick up some good spare Gil that way, especially if you can do the higher level fights reliably.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah, I've got drat near a thousand of each and I sell them all the time, you get way more than you could ever possibly use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

saltylopez posted:

Isn't that what the 5 per day going on now is?

• Locked thread