Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Lid posted:

This is the dumbest of things.

Challenge accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
OK, just finished that video and mansplaining to Grog how his life actually went is nowhere near that stupid.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Is... is Murdoch's empire finally losing it's ability to successfully direct people to vote against their own interests*? Could this be the tipping point where enough people have finally just completely tuned all of his loving shitrags out?

I always assumed we'd have to wait for that walking amalgamation of scrotum skin to take his rightful place in a grave before his empire would devour itself but maybe... just maybe one can dream.

*offer not valid in the USA

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

aejix posted:

Is... is Murdoch's empire finally losing it's ability to successfully direct people to vote against their own interests*? Could this be the tipping point where enough people have finally just completely tuned all of his loving shitrags out?

I always assumed we'd have to wait for that walking amalgamation of scrotum skin to take his rightful place in a grave before his empire would devour itself but maybe... just maybe one can dream.

:magical:

It's amazing how you think the take away from this is going to be how well Jezza did and not how much better things would have gone if Labour weren't held back by him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

aejix posted:

Still think that it was Trump that ended the worlds flirtation with fascism. America died so we could live.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I thought "universal, but means-tested" was fair but I'm happy to be wrong.

So just to break it down for me, if everybody got $200 a week UBI those earning over certain amounts would pay back that $200 via tax?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Bogan King posted:

:magical:

It's amazing how you think the take away from this is going to be how well Jezza did and not how much better things would have gone if Labour weren't held back by him.

Please identify the alternative leader that would have done better.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I thought "universal, but means-tested" was fair but I'm happy to be wrong.

So just to break it down for me, if everybody got $200 a week UBI those earning over certain amounts would pay back that $200 via tax?

Yes. It basically accomplishes the same as means testing but with less paperwork

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Nibbles! posted:

Please identify the alternative leader that would have done better.

I don't think this, this is just what I see as being the lesson that will be taken away from it by most of those with cushy jobs in Labour. They've got their own 'Bernie would have won' mentality blinding them from reality. It's just they don't realise what the whole deal behind that sentiment is at all.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

even owen smith is saying that corbyn did a good job. there will be bitter losers but the left's hold on labour is safe - for now.

PC Brigadier
Oct 2, 2013
subjected myself to a bit of the bbc coverage. two seperate labor hacks both talked about the party needing to come together as a broad church. one suggested bringing back "heavy-hitters" from the blair-brown cabinets. corbyn was praised as "almost getting as many votes as blair" the cosmic ballet goes on

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlboMP/status/873030015608168448

look out bill he's coming for your zingers

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BBJoey posted:

That was the Labour campaign catch cry.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

BBJoey posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Can't post that without Lord Bucketheads manifesto

Bogan King posted:

This is the manifesto of one of the people running in Theresa May's electorate

I hope all the UK goons voted Lord Buckethead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

aejix posted:

:byodood: THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 9, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVROcKFnBQ

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Hey, that was a joke from Blackadder

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Zenithe posted:

Hey, that was a joke from Blackadder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MQEYrjmZs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

:byodood: THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE THE LEFT IS UNELECTABLE

The greens are unelectable, no one ever said anything about the left.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Hope...is not a lie?!?!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/latikambourke/status/873035299311370240

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Someone made a bolt thing that bolt is proud of:

https://twitter.com/lushsux/status/872953463994433536

That someone also made this:

https://twitter.com/lushsux/status/836171140724744192

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/873068098521186304

Guess who learned nothing? Hint: Australia

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Man. I never really listened to Bill Shorten and thought people were exaggerating. I mean I've heard him talk but always in a half paying attention kind of way. But actively reading those 2 paragraphs made me feel as though all capacity for enthusiasm had been sucked from my body. How is it possible to make the many not the few so loving dry?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Futuresight posted:

Man. I never really listened to Bill Shorten and thought people were exaggerating. I mean I've heard him talk but always in a half paying attention kind of way. But actively reading those 2 paragraphs made me feel as though all capacity for enthusiasm had been sucked from my body. How is it possible to make the many not the few so loving dry?

It's called not believing the message. He doesn't give a gently caress about this. Every single ALP policy shows this. It resonated with Corbyn because he walked the talk. Shorten is just parroting it back because it worked somewhere else. It's like Bernardi rabbiting on about Make Australia Great Again poo poo but with even less heart. At least Bernardi believes in his own stupidity.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DEATH IS A LIE. HOPE IS CERTAIN.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

JBP posted:

DEATH IS A LIE. HOPE IS CERTAIN.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I bet Beautiful Daisy didn't even need a federal grant to make that

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Just the hope that Bill Leak can still see her

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

They do realise that the rate we burn and release CO2 is far faster than the billions of years of organic decay it took to form coal right.

Right?

The people making money off it and making the decisions will be long dead before the environmental cheque gets cashed. They don't care.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/latikambourke/status/873102575897255940

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Why couldn't she have taken a redundancy?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Seen some long bows in my day...

also doesn't help the defence of her I had in the other thread if this is a hill she wants to die on, turn INTO the skid

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I'm the 7 retweets and 11 likes by a social media giant affecting the opinions of millions.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

https://youtu.be/b97zJxKEqAk

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Teresa "Charge Old People For Their Own Care" May is very left wing guys. Charging old people for their own care is a policy that is totally consistent with the ideological standpoint of "the left".

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hooman posted:

Teresa "Charge Old People For Their Own Care" May is very left wing guys. Charging old people for their own care is a policy that is totally consistent with the ideological standpoint of "the left".

Did you not consider that she didn't push as hard for austerity as she could have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Help me out, Latika Bourke used to be a decent journalist, right? I'm not imagining that? I swear I remember her having credibility.

• Locked thread