Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Tories win Southampton Itchen by Thirty-One loving votes. 31 idiots who voted for Green could be the reason May is able to get a coalition government together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
If the UK kicked out all the places that are shitholes, what would be left?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Hodgepodge posted:

:stare:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pathetic little tramp posted:

Tories win Southampton Itchen by Thirty-One loving votes. 31 idiots who voted for Green could be the reason May is able to get a coalition government together.

Imagine wanting to loving form a coalition with a dipshit like May and her fuckup party

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hodgepodge posted:

Cornwall!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

canada

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Hodgepodge posted:

mostly palaces and stately homes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Taintrunner posted:

Imagine wanting to loving form a coalition with a dipshit like May and her fuckup party

so what DOES happen if the Irish actually sack up and say no to a union without a softer brexit? What if Tories don't get a coalition, does Labour get a shot at coalition building?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/872996007302369280

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PLAY THE MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGxWWbhwjtY

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Northern Ireland strictly votes for DUP or Sinn Fein, do Labour and Conservatives even run over there?

The Conservatives do run but Labour don't, and Northern Ireland votes for a whole bunch of different parties.

The big four NI parties are Sinn Fein and SDLP on the republican/nationalist side and the UUP and DUP on the unionist/loyalist side. They all had seats in the last parliament.

The SDLP are the sister party of Labour. There are Northern Irish Labour members who want to run candidates, but the national policy is to refrain from doing so.

The UUP are pretty closely aligned with the Conservatives (who are officially called the Conservative and Unionist party btw) and joined a formal electoral pact in 2010, running as "Ulster Conservatives and Unionists – New Force". They won no seats that year. Since then, the Conservatives have gone back to standing separately. They don't have much luck, I think they have a few council seats but they're nowhere near popular enough to secure representation in Stormont or Westminster.

There's also Alliance who are aligned with the Lib Dems, but they've only ever had one MP, from 2010-2015.

Bryter has issued a correction as of 06:06 on Jun 9, 2017

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
According to BBC, Tories are at 309. They need 7 seats to form a coalition with DUP of 13 remaining seats. There's going to be some very disappointing 26 votes majorities here.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
:siren: guardian infographic update :siren:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

exmarx posted:

:siren: guardian infographic update :siren:

almost a really nice turnout

Balaeniceps
May 29, 2010

Ashfield goes Labour! Conservatives now need to win every remaining seat to retain their majority, so one more loss and it's official.

edit: I mean, I know BBC has already announced it's hung, but I experienced November 2016 so I need solid poo poo.
Fife North East still isn't in and is a ridiculously close count between LD and SNP. Unless I'm mistaken that means it's official already.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this thread got busy while i was asleep

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
GREEN RETAINS THEIR SEAT!

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
*to the tune of "janie's got a gun"*

bernie would have won

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/865855578454806529

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
BBC has one seat listed as won by "Others" but I can't find where it is. What is it.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

BBC has one seat listed as won by "Others" but I can't find where it is. What is it.

Probably Sylvia Hermon in North Down, or the speaker?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

in your heart you know it is

Jeb!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bryter posted:

Probably Sylvia Hermon in North Down?

Ah, spot on. They made the independent colour practically the same colour as DUP.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

VROOM VROOM posted:

in your heart you know it is

Jeb!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Labour holds Newcastle-Under-Lyme, tightly as gently caress. Apparently 1413 seats remain, Conservatives need 6 of them to be able to form a DUP-Tory coalition.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Labour holds Newcastle-Under-Lyme, tightly as gently caress. Apparently 1413 seats remain, Conservatives need 6 of them to be able to form a DUP-Tory coalition.

Nah, they need two. It would technically be a minority coalition, but because Sinn Fein don't take their seats, that would be enough.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

But when the dems come up close and lose the race, everyone loses their mind :thunk:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 2012 and stop myself from voting for him.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

And May's got enough MPs for a coalition.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

gently caress.

~thanks obama~

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

CottonWolf posted:

Nah, they need two. It would technically be a minority coalition, but because Sinn Fein don't take their seats, that would be enough.

Oh right I didn't think of that. So essentially the math is out of 650-7 = 643 then, and Conservatives now have 312 with DUP making 322 which is greater than 643 / 2?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Barack Obama is a class traitor and a war criminal who deserves to be on the same firing line as Bush 43

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The history books are going to savage Barack Obama

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oh right I didn't think of that. So essentially the math is out of 650-7 = 643 then, and Conservatives now have 312 with DUP making 322 which is greater than 643 / 2?

Exactly.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm horney

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Not a Step posted:

The history books are going to savage Barack Obama

He did more to improve the US more than any president since Carter

Which damning faint praise, but still, he gets graded on a curve

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
Who the heck are the degenerate Scotch who are voting Tory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

That one seat difference is why they did like 10 recounts for Rudd