Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

CottonWolf posted:

Rumours that she might try to hang on. We'll see. I hope she does, she'll be torn apart at the next election even worse if she doesn't leave.

Hahaha she built a cabinet from factions she thought would otherwise undermine her. That works as long as you have the personal weight to bully them into your position.

Thatcher was quite good at this stuff and got Caesar'ed well and proper because it's every man for himself, with emphasis on the 'man' and 'himself'. O and making crazy promises to your electorate and members about Europe, as if it was something Britain was in charge of. For a 'conservative' party they individually display a poor grasp of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
LibDems lose Richmond Park by 45, man these last few ones are going to be sad.

Labour holds Dudley north by 22!

Looks like final should be Conservatives lose 12 seats and end up at 319.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

so can we be fairly certain that the tories/DUP will have the numbers to form a coalition?

lame if true

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DUDLEY BY 22 gently caress ME CORBY DADDY

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

exmarx posted:

mostly safe tory

lol, labour took more "safer" conservative seats than conservatives took seats from labour in total

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Yossarian-22 posted:

so can we be fairly certain that the tories/DUP will have the numbers to form a coalition?

The Tories took a principled stance against Corbyn's terrorist sympathies and hostility to the Northern Irish peace process in the campaign.

The idea that they would turn around and go into government with the only party to oppose the good friday agreement is absurd!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

lol, labour took more "safer" conservative seats than conservatives took seats from labour in total

polling 70k constituencies of inbred morons will never not be entertaining

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

babypolis posted:

do british people just lack the bias towards attractive people because i cant think of any other place were being incredibly ugly doesnt disqualify you from a career in politics or entertainment i mean look at bojo jfc

yeah i just really wanna wrap mitch mcconnells turkey gullet around my dick like a pig in a blanket

us politicians are hideous too

but yet brits are much more accepting of normally attractive people on tv etc

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
http://i.imgur.com/wVqoRcC.mp4

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bryter posted:

The idea that they would turn around and go into government with the only party to oppose the good friday agreement is absurd!
after ten years of traveling on bicycle this is literally the first time i've ever wanted to wear a helmet

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
It's OK, the famous Dr Paisley is dead. So there won't be any of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uHhLe6WE0

O, but his son of the same name won yesterday with an overwhelming majority.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

lol if you dont greet everyone this way

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

why did the president of england smack that ladies boob

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

deadgoon posted:

The high five is a complex manuever, and Corbyn had an additional handicap of being very, very white.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

deadgoon posted:

He had a sudden flashback to Communist protocol and tried to make it easier for future photographers to edit her out of the shot.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

deadgoon posted:

Corbyn is actually Todd from Scrubs.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/sta...pagenumber%3D91

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
https://twitter.com/thwphipps/status/873063571952877569

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/873065139741655041

Coalition of Chaos?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
St. Ives goes blue, and now only 4 remain, it's just Cornwall and Kensington to go.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Kensington's tipped for Labour. 4th recount. E: or maybe 3rd? Either way, multiple.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
lol if dup becomes relevant

bigger lol if libdems go for it yet again

biggest lol if cons and labour join forces and open a hell portal

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

Dammit I was staying up for the concession speech, gently caress staying awake until next Tuesday though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Juliet Whisky posted:

Dammit I was staying up for the concession speech, gently caress staying awake until next Tuesday though.

Is that dude legit because I put a few bucks on Boris being PM on June 30

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

skaboomizzy posted:

Yes.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

skaboomizzy posted:

ITV's chief political correspondent. He's trustworthy.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Lot of good stuff today but I think this guy has gone underappreciated

John Curtice is what you'd get if you opened the Big British Book of Clichés to "professor" and I'm real glad he got to look so smug about his exit poll model when Dimbers spoke to him earlier

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
hahaha

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

skaboomizzy posted:

It's probably not the worst bet you've ever made. The other main competitors got knocked out last night.Fallon is probably a better bet pricewise though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

CottonWolf posted:

ITV's chief political correspondent. He's trustworthy.

Thanks, I sold my Boris for PM shares before the market crashed totally.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
this seems obvious, in all honesty. she thinks the cons won't dare further destabilize the party by proceeding with whatever parliamentary bullshit is necessary to replace a PM. she'll definitely hold up "not wanting to look weak in front of the leftists" as a reason to stay the line

unfortunately for her, her primary rival is boris, who i'm pretty sure is stupid and doesn't care

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
boot scotland and northern ireland ffs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what a worm

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Venuz Patrol posted:

this seems obvious, in all honesty. she thinks the cons won't dare further destabilize the party by proceeding with whatever parliamentary bullshit is necessary to replace a PM. she'll definitely hold up "not wanting to look weak in front of the leftists" as a reason to stay the line

unfortunately for her, her primary rival is boris, who i'm pretty sure is stupid and doesn't care

Boris cares about one thing: Boris being prime minister. He will never have a better chance, as everyone's shaping up to blame David Davis for the election, and all the other heavyweights are ex remainers or Michael Fallon. The knives will be out soon enough.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

tarbrush posted:

Boris cares about one thing: Boris being prime minister. He will never have a better chance, as everyone's shaping up to blame David Davis for the election, and all the other heavyweights are ex remainers or Michael Fallon. The knives will be out soon enough.

Apparently they're recounting his seat now. If Boris ends up going out... what happens then?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
I hope the DUP make their insane bridge across the Irish sea a precondition to entering government.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
May is toast, there's no other outcome here. She has to be scape-goated for the tories to save face.

Say hello to prime minister Boris Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rudatron posted:

May is toast, there's no other outcome here. She has to be scape-goated for the tories to save face.

Say hello to prime minister Boris Johnson.

Yeah for all of twenty loving minutes because jesus loving christ