Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

AJ_Impy posted:

You can actually see Troll regeneration in action here. The left eye which 2 Dark Gnomes in a StranglMech bit goes from 'Mangled beyond all recognition' to merely 'bruised'.

Yup, this definitely was going on. Muffin's injury list kept shrinking on me.

I may have taken something around 30 or 40 screenshots of his injuries and stuck with the most lengthy ones that matched the commentary so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 1, Fight 3 :siren:

Those With Style is on the left side of the arena.
Minos III (Maarak) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper war hammer and wears an iron mail shirt and iron gauntlets.
Dan Man Dan (astus) is a male gremlin. He is empty handed and wears a leather cap, leather armor, iron greaves, leather gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Hurryslurry (habituallyred) is a male troll. He wields an iron pike and a wooden shield and wears an iron mail shirt.

Strength++ is on the right side of the arena.
Big Guy (Tiler Kiwi) is a male yeti. He wields a bronze two-handed sword and wears no armor.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (Added Space) is a male dwarf. He wields a steel great axe and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Landsknechtaur (my dad) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper spear and a copper pike and wears a bronze cap, an iron mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.

Strength++ is a 2.50 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 5580.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2233.00 dwarfbucks for Those With Style.

Oh hey look at all these super-easy names to type. Thanks a lot everyone. Extra special "gently caress You" to my dad though. I hope you die first so I never have to type your name.

The fighters line up. Size is relatively close. It's going to come down to builds and weapons.

The fighters clash and dodge back. A few bruises are landed but nothing big until HurrySlurry stabs Cheap Chopper's leg so hard it buckles beneath him. The force of the blow tears the ACL in the dwarfs knee, but the sturdy creature stays on his feet!

Cheap Chopper is somehow stunned (I don't know). A blow from HurrySlurry's pike bruises his guts through armor.

Landskentutaurtahr charges Dan Man Dan and the little gremlin is sent sprawling. Minos and Big Guy duel in the north. HurrySlurry shatters Cheap Choppers arm with a well placed pike. The elbow explodes, sending blood across the floor.

And then everything happens at once.

Dan Man Dan loses an arm to blunt force Landskechtaur while Minos' leg sails through the air. Dan Man Dan's leg is wrenched from the socket from the force of the minotaurs second blow. Minos isn't going quietly into the night; his hammer shatters Big Guys arm and shoulder.

HurrySlurry pikes Cheap Chopper in the arm deeply.

Minos doesn't enjoy having no leg, so his hammer is swung with wild abandon. Big Guys chest is caved in, ribs and other things in the chestal region crack. A lung is punctured by bone and the yeti's huge heart rips wide open. Big Guy nearly severs the minotaurs other foot in response.

Landschnectaur removes a few bodyparts from the small gremlin and finally stabs him in the head.

Big Guy and Minos continue to trade devastating blows, neither fighter opting for any sort of defense.

In the south HurrySlurry joins the dwarf Cheap Chopper on the ground as his leg is hanging by a thread.

poo poo's crazy right now.

Minos, already a pincushion, gets double teamed until finally Big Guy finishes him off.

In the south Cheap Chopper axes a troll arm almost in half. HurrySlurry's shield drops from a nearly-severed arm.

It's 3v1 right now. Things are not looking good for HurrySlurry.

Before the two big gladiators can even advance to help Cheap Chopper he's paralyzed and then killed in quick succession by HurrySlurry.

And now it's two big guys slashing and stabbing from their feet at another bloody, horribly mangled big guy.

Big Guy cleaves deep into the trolls other leg and then his torn heart finally beats it's last. I am awarding half a kill to Minos and half to HurrySlurry. HurrySlurry didn't actually do anything, never made contact with the yeti, but he gets credit simply for outlasting the yeti after Minos did the bloody work earlier.

HurrySlurry really has no chance against a minotaur that isn't even hurt or winded. An ankle is shattered, and then a brain is pierced.

Strength++ wins with a 3-2 victory that is closer on paper that in the arena.

Kills:
Landsknechtaur: 2
Big Guy: 1

Minos: .5
HurrySlurry: 1.5

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 6, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Anyone who won a fight needs to spend their points:siren:

If you didn't win, you're in the losers bracket you pathetic loser. Don't worry, if you win your next fight you'll get points to put yourself on par with the Winners Bracket teams. But you won't win because you're a pathetic loser as we've already established.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I suck

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I lost all my money.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Am I allowed to mess with me equipment and skills in the losers bracket or no

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

Am I allowed to mess with me equipment and skills in the losers bracket or no

Yeah but until one more round you won't have very many points to mess with, unless you sell equipment.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, I just noticed Dan Man Dan had no weapon. The heck?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The StranglMech has been upgraded for antitroll combat.

Curiously, the four matches this round are each between teams with identical records: 3-0 vs 3-0, 3-2 vs 3-2, 2-3 vs 2-3 and fail vs bad. The Regular Crowd got through their opener completely unscathed, near-unprecedented in the annals of arena combat, and in the process horribly mutilated a troll with their whips and scourges. 4Chan circa 2006 were bloodied but unbowed, shaking off broken legs, fractured spines and cracked skulls, the trolls decimating a team of smaller whip users. This should be a fascinating matchup.

Landsknechtaur and Brutalist Architect both emerged as the last gladiators standing, the German mercenary pikeman Minotaur unscathed, the concrete tower block designer with the only hat trick of the tournament so far putting them top of the rankings. Will they stay in the running for the Immortality prize, the gladiator that survives the longest without dying? Will their teammates survive this time?

Those with Style and the Insecurities Council can count themselves unfortunate to be in the losers bracket. Will the skillful observer prove the difference? The winner will have the third highest kill count in the event.

The last two teams are unblooded. Revile them.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Guess I shouldn't have waited until the second round for that helmet. On the plus side I was tough enough not to get knocked out, so a helmet would have been secure on my head.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

quote:

Landskechtaur_STR++ gores Dan Man Dan_STYLE in the right lower leg with his left horn, but the attack is deflected by Dan Man Dan_STYLE's small iron high boot!
The force pulls the right knee and the part splits in gore!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!

quote:

Landskechtaur_STR++ stabs Minos III_STYLE in the right upper leg with his copper spear, chipping the bone through the large iron mail shirt!
The force twists the right hip, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone and tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
A ligament has been bruised and a tendon has been bruised!

quote:

Landskechtaur_STR++ kicks HurrySlurry_STYLE in the head with his right foot, bruising the muscle!
The force pulls the neck, tearing apart the skin!

quote:

Landskechtaur_STR++ gores HurrySlurry_STYLE in the left lower arm with his right horn, bruising the bone!
The force twists the left elbow, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the muscle!

Ouch.

my dad fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 6, 2017

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you broke big guys heart you cads

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Carrying out more tests.

Didnt realize there was a button to set the world temperatures til today.

quote:

Minotaur 16 is caught in a burst of steam!
Minotaur 12 is caught in a burst of steam!
Minotaur 17 is caught in a burst of steam!
Minotaur 17 attacks Minotaur 12 but She scrambles away!
Minotaur 12 is caught in a cloud of steam!
Minotaur 17: I have improved my biting. That was very satisfying!
Minotaur 17: Death is all around us. I am not upset by this.
Minotaur 17 is caught in a cloud of steam!
Minotaur 17: Death is all around us. I am not upset by this.
Minotaur 17 has bled to death.
Minotaur 16 has bled to death.
Minotaur 12 has melted.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I enjoy Minotaur 16 dying on the floor from steam burns as the other two stumble around the room encountering more steam

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
drat we need a league with arena traps

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

AJ_Impy posted:

Landsknechtaur and Brutalist Architect both emerged as the last gladiators standing, the German mercenary pikeman Minotaur unscathed, the concrete tower block designer with the only hat trick of the tournament so far putting them top of the rankings. Will they stay in the running for the Immortality prize, the gladiator that survives the longest without dying? Will their teammates survive this time?

:points at mydad, points at himself:

there can only be one

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Actually, you both can and will die.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

:points at mydad, points at himself:

there can only be one

Currently there are eight. At least four and up to seven will die this upcoming round.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yo whatup with the arena challenge site, poo poo's broke, 403 all day erry day

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Fine for me. Maybe you should try not being Bad Munki.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

jon joe posted:

Actually, you both can and will die.

AJ_Impy posted:

Currently there are eight. At least four and up to seven will die this upcoming round.

please stop stepping on our dramatic rivalry narrative thanks

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

please stop stepping on our dramatic rivalry narrative thanks

Only one of the two of you has a chance of earning immortality. Show no mercy.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

Found the culprit. I'll correct this the next time I work on the site, which will be after this tournament:

php:
<?
function onPageLoad()
  {
  if ($username == "Bad Munki")
    {
    header ("HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden");
    header ("Status: 403 Forbidden");
    exit;
    }
  return;
  }
?>

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That doesn't look like a bug at all, I recommend leaving it for security and stability.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'M FEELING MURDEROUS

WHERE ARE MY MURDERS

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Same but

jon joe posted:

WHERE ARE MY MURDERERS

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hello

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

hi

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Basically you can all go home, the thread is dead at this point. Vox lied, thread died.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So Mount and Blade was on sale for $2.50 at GOG. I knew I shouldn't do it but...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
maybe it wasn't about the killing, but the lovely games people played instead along the way

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

compromise: does dwarf fortress have mounted combat?

can we put a gremlin on a troll's shoulders?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

dmboogie posted:

can we put a gremlin on a troll's shoulders?

Yes but we have to be careful in doing so or it will crush the left first rib into the lung and the severed part will sail off in an arc.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Severed parts never shoot off in a parabola, for some reason.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Flew off in a curly Q

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
:ninja:*lurks intently*:ninja:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD and bits of brain matter and leg tendons

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

:ninja:*lurks intently*:ninja:

:eyepop: *observes intently* :eyepop:

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Speaking of observation. How does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Afriscipio posted:

Speaking of observation. How does it work?

Watch and see.