Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

My wife's birthday is officially less than a month away and I may have gone and done something incredibly stupid, or incredibly awesome...

Now to scour eBay/Amazon for as much Martini merch as I can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New cars are too goddamned big. Came upon a Mazda 323 hatch parked next to a Fiat 500 and the Mazda makes the FIat look huge.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
LOL at the UK election. Tory cunts got bollocked

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

LOL at the UK election. Tory cunts got bollocked

Somebody post a Nelson 'HA HA!' macro, only make him British.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DICK DICER posted:

My tweaker friend who went to the ER about the parasites we both share identical symptoms for just got his results in. Positive diagnosis for an incredibly rare flesh burrowing flat worm from Asia. Total number of cases in the USA per year: 3~5. His lawyer is talking multiple millions in settlements as there has been permanent, irreversible damage done to his body that will leave him in crippling pain the rest of his life, he my randomly go blind if one burrows through his optic nerve, and has a cat scan scheduled for tomorrow to assess brain surgery and treatment options.

I haven't followed this saga very closely, so maybe this is obvious to you and everyone else, but who is getting sued, and for what?

I hope that the treatment options are good, and can make you better.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
More importantly than the money from a settlement, I hope you can talk to the same doctor that identified the symptoms and diagnosed your friend. Get well (or at least functioning) first.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Looks like my Crown Vic will be needing pads and at least front rotors soon. What was the Goon collective preferred configuration for daily driver brakes? I seem to recall Centric rotors and ceramic pads of some sort. Is there really any difference, particularly with rotors? Even the plain-jane poo poo at O'reillys is almost $50 per rotor. Ditto for the "Brake Best" ceramic pads. I might as well get the Power Stop Daily Driver kit from Rock or Amazon (probably Amazon because $LOL shipping @ Rock Auto.)
I'm not going to be racing the thing. I just need it to stop confidently, and preferably without making GBS threads up my fancy wheels.

In my own opinion, for a daily driver that never sees more than daily driver use, rotors are rotors, so long as they have some kind of brand name (even if it's store brand) and are purchased new.

I really prefer ceramic pads, more because you don't have to touch them again for years; my last set were some wholesaler closeout Raybestos ceramic pads (with a NASCAR sticker on the box :laffo:) for $7 from Rockauto. The set I have now are Carquest Wearever Gold (Advance Auto's house brand, ceramic). I got nearly 60k out of the NASCAR/Raybestos $7 pads, and I'm pretty sure the pads I have on it now will still be on the car whenever it returns to the earth.

You probably know this, but you can generally find some killer coupons for Advance, and some of them can stack. Order online for in-store pickup.

Rhyno posted:

New cars are too goddamned big. Came upon a Mazda 323 hatch parked next to a Fiat 500 and the Mazda makes the FIat look huge.

One of the guards at work drives a 98 Prelude. Yeah, it's dropped a bit, and has a shaved trunk, but... my Saturn looks like a goddamned tank next to it. The Ion came out in 2002 for the 2003 model year (and ran with no exterior changes on the coupe for the entire run, sedan got a facelift halfway through). The last generation Prelude came out in 1997 for the 1998 model year.

The Corolla (or is that a Camry? I can't even tell them apart anymore) on the other side looks like a Tahoe in comparison to the Prelude.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 9, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Modern cars are fat. And bad looking.

And :lol: @Theresa May

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Olympic Mathlete posted:

And :lol: @Theresa May

Did you stay up and watch it?. It was so satisfying watching all the Tories go from smiling away and saying 'from the first 2 results we can see that the exit poll has vastly underestimated the conservative swing. We predict we will get 360 seats" to looking more and more sad as it went on and the exit poll was proved almost perfect.

Also David Mitchell on the C4 election program was goddamn amazing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nah I smashed a 20 box of nuggets, some fries and a shake and then passed out about 11.30. I'm really enjoying all the content popping up this morning though...

I mean Lord Buckethead stood next to May will never not be hilarious.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Besides May getting dunked on in her attempt to consolidate power pre-Brexit, my favorite part of this election has been Lord Buckethead, who has an amazing platform
He got almost 160 votes and got to stand up with the Prime Minister on international news as her equal, which he did with a gigantic bucket on his head, plastic armor, and a shiny cape. A true hero for our troubled times

I've started watching a "realtime" weekly WWI show called The Great War on YouTube. It's no Ken Burns Civil War or World at War, but it reminds me of watching the History Channel all day with my Grandpa, and I love it

E: I gotta remember to refresh before posting

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I never knew about Mr Fish Finger

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This is the only Buckethead that I will acknowledge.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^ what's his stance on fox hunting though fam?

Lord Buckethead stands for the hunting of fox hunters and is therefore the clear choice.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

All I know is he really knows how to stroke dem strings. That's enough for me.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Haha what the gently caress Scotland. Tories get 13 seats. I knew the SNP were going to get their wings clipped, and that the Labour stance over independence was going to hurt them, but I'd hoped for something better than this.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I dunno, does that Buckethead advocate for laser based arms deals, local shopping mall revivals, or free bicycles to combat obesity/rampant bicycle theft?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

I dunno, does that Buckethead advocate for laser based arms deals, local shopping mall revivals, or free bicycles to combat obesity/rampant bicycle theft?

His manifesto is the best

quote:

Katie Hopkins to be banished to the Phantom Zone.

Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
May as well make this an annual event now. Every June, the UK government asks the public a question and find out the didn't predict the answer anywhere near correctly.

DICK DICER posted:

In short, each and every last one of you can eat a massive, worm loaded pile of dicks
Is that what got you into this mess?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

Is that what got you into this mess?

:drat:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Well I don't know what the fucks going to happen but it's massively more entertaining than Theresa May thinking she's president of the United kingdom, which is where she seemed to be aiming recently.

Dick, hope you get diagnosed and treated successfully and quickly. Best of luck.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DICK DICER posted:

You have no loving idea what two years of excruciating pain coupled with loving flesh boring worms even inside your eyes, and being totally unable to convince even one person they exist and its not all in your head.

Can your buddy hook you up with his doc, since clearly that guy knows what he's looking for? I'm sure he'd be down to see a second case of a crazy loving rare in the US parasite.

Good luck, man.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

Well I don't know what the fucks going to happen but it's massively more entertaining than Theresa May thinking she's president of the United kingdom, which is where she seemed to be aiming recently.
It appears that after months of Corbyn being called a "Terrorist sympathiser" May is jumping into bed with the DUP. A party which up until 2008 was lead by Ian Paisley, a man who helped set up three different Irish loyalist paramilitary groups, the first of which took part in false flag operations which helped spark The Troubles as we know it. But it's fine because they are our terrorists. I'd laugh at the irony but it's all just too sad. The DUP are also generally bigoted religious climate change denying zealots.

stump fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 9, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm proper lolling at some of the reactions to all this.

Earlier today one of my friends was saying some poo poo about 'whining remoaners wanting another vote on brexit because they didn't get their way'. About 5 minutes ago he's basically said there should be another vote on leadership because Conservatives didn't get the majority.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Here's hoping May burns in hell.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

stump posted:

It appears that after months of Corbyn being called a "Terrorist sympathiser" May is jumping into bed with the DUP. A party which up until 2008 was lead by Ian Paisley, a man who helped set up three different Irish loyalist paramilitary groups, the first of which took part in false flag operations which helped spark The Troubles as we know it. But it's fine because they are our terrorists. I'd laugh at the irony but it's all just too sad. The DUP are also generally bigoted religious climate change denying zealots.

as well as being a "Terrorist sympathiser" Corbyn was also going to create a terrible "coalition of chaos" as the tabloids shouted....

also she has just lost 12 seats:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

stump posted:

The DUP are also generally bigoted religious climate change denying zealots.

So will get on with most Tories then.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BigPaddy posted:

So will get on with most Tories then.

DUP has their own agenda that doesn't jibe even with the Tories, so it'll be an unstable alliance at best.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yeah it's not a good situation in and by itself but it's better than May appointing herself supreme leader.

More fun UKIP news. Lost their only seat and Nutall resigned. Good loving riddance you racist waste of sweaty pork.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

stump posted:

Anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage.
Classy bunch.

Too late to vote for Jeremy Clarkson?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

CommieGIR posted:

DUP has their own agenda that doesn't jibe even with the Tories, so it'll be an unstable alliance at best.

No doubt, the Tories just don't want to run a minority government that will be ineffective like the Major government and then collapse in a heap before Corbyn gets a third bite of the cherry and manages to get his own majority to which he can do... something I guess. That said if he had gotten in he would be hosed since he promised to scrap tuition fees which I support but where would the money come from?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
28 page contract just to make an offer on property. Goddamn.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cakesmith handyman posted:

More fun UKIP news. Lost their only seat and Nutall resigned. Good loving riddance you racist waste of sweaty pork.

Even better - their voter base just completely vanished. They pretty much ceased to be a party in any meaningful way.

BigPaddy posted:

No doubt, the Tories just don't want to run a minority government that will be ineffective like the Major government and then collapse in a heap before Corbyn gets a third bite of the cherry and manages to get his own majority to which he can do... something I guess. That said if he had gotten in he would be hosed since he promised to scrap tuition fees which I support but where would the money come from?

The big thing is that the Torys are going to be left holding the Brexit turd and will now not get any kind of deal acceptible to the electorate. Let alone they just will not be able to do jack poo poo in Parliment - Corbyn can leave them to stew in their own poo poo. Sure you could say the Torys didnt lose power but how could this have gone any worse for them? All Corbyn has to do is support a Queens Speech and let the Torys implode.... he will have a huge majority next time around AND be clear of any kind of responsibilty of a bad Brexit.

He did promise to tax the rich more so there is where the money was coming from. But anyway I really just dont see how the Torys could be in more of a world of well deserved hurt.

Murdoch must be loving furious :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bonus pound loss!!

Yesterday was the 90th/3rd Month of my fitness quest. I worked very hard and squeaked out another pound over the last 3 days.

THIRTY-TWO POUNDS GONE!

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Bonus pound loss!!

Yesterday was the 90th/3rd Month of my fitness quest. I worked very hard and squeaked out another pound over the last 3 days.

THIRTY-TWO POUNDS GONE!

When you hit a wall, I hear rare worm diseases are a good way to lose weight :v: You've got a 0.0000015% chance of getting one unless you hang out with Inch Dick and his friends.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Alternatively to lose more weight, do zero exercise and lose useful muscle instead. It seems to be the process of choice for most instagram models.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Alternatively to lose more weight, do zero exercise and lose useful muscle instead. It seems to be the process of choice for most instagram models.

This is how my WoW addicted friend lost weight. And then he had to be rushed to the hospital.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
if anyone has been wondering, yes i have been lolling since i woke up this morning

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Oof. Girlfriend had a end-of-school-year party with her co-teachers and I showed up just to say hi and wound up partying all night with them. I stopped drinking around 11:30 last night and I might still be drunk. Teachers loving party, man :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

scuz posted:

Oof. Girlfriend had a end-of-school-year party with her co-teachers and I showed up just to say hi and wound up partying all night with them. I stopped drinking around 11:30 last night and I might still be drunk. Teachers loving party, man :barf:

Given what we deal with, can you blame us?

Congrats, Rhyno!

• Locked thread