Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Harley mocking all the melodramatic nerds in this game is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Injustice Harley...

... is good.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

dont even fink about it posted:

Yeah I really like Harley as a protagonist instead of Next-Level Battered Wife and I like that they wrote her as Kind-Of hosed Up Robin.

So a normal Robin then.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

So a normal Robin then.

Well, "Truly hosed Up" should not be thrown around lightly in Gotham City.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Harley was the first character I pumped up to 20 through the never ending metaverse so I heard most of her lines. Not only is she the best for the start-of-fight lines, some of her clash lines are really good too! Now if I could just play her as insanely as the AI does.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't mind the towers in the guild multiverse at all. What gets me is the boss requiring 50 clears with a silver box as a reward. That's some ridiculous poo poo. That being said, come Monday you are all invited to Goon Squad cause I predict a lot of room opening up!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Grem posted:

I don't mind the towers in the guild multiverse at all. What gets me is the boss requiring 50 clears with a silver box as a reward. That's some ridiculous poo poo. That being said, come Monday you are all invited to Goon Squad cause I predict a lot of room opening up!

Can you solo that boss? Because if it requires group effort that seems like the dumbest grind.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Most people can't, I know I can't.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I don't really know anything about Powergirl. Why is she so angry?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think she's supposed to sound sassy but she comes across as "annoyed middle-manager".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

She sounds fine to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I would have preferred this version of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMckhO5HNE

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Her lines just seem super generic and I can't really get a feel for what she's doing in this conflict. I know she wants to arrest Cyborg, and that's something, but everything else is scowling and non-specific pissed and I want to know why.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I wanted to like Powergirl, but the delivery on her lines always felt really flat.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Holy poo poo all the clash lines are bad. And I'm not clear that it's in delivery, they just seem like they're written after the fact and crammed in. It only stands out in contrast to the tons of good interactions in this game.

Aquaman: "Should I summon the shark?"
Powergirl: "Now you're askin' for it!"

Come on.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're good.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.

Grem posted:

I can't wait!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

"Cheetah: At least make it interesting.
Powergirl: Now you're askin' for it!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I assume the budget for premium skins was a fraction of what they had for the character DLC

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I assume the budget for premium skins was a fraction of what they had for the character DLC

Oh, totally. I was just curious if there was some motives I was missing from the actual comics, because I haven't read them.

Like, maybe a lot of people were askin' for it.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
She's upset, and wants to talk to your manager.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fix posted:

Holy poo poo all the clash lines are bad. And I'm not clear that it's in delivery, they just seem like they're written after the fact and crammed in. It only stands out in contrast to the tons of good interactions in this game.

Come on.

the worst is either Joker saying "THANK YOU" to random poo poo, or Harley Quinn replying "YUH SWEETHAHT" to threats against her

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DLC Inc posted:

the worst is either Joker saying "THANK YOU" to random poo poo, or Harley Quinn replying "YUH SWEETHAHT" to threats against her

It's extremely prevalent in both the intros and the clashes. Usually I can let it go, but you occasionally get an especially dissonant one that makes you wonder if they're even talking to each other.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
THAT WELL'S BEEN POISONED

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

THAT WELL'S BEEN POISONED

I'm Batman.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fix posted:

Come on.

You have had opinions

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So like, I'm unemployed and haven't really done much else since this game came out but multiverse, and like, I haven't even managed to get a full epics on my main yet. The idea of getting a full set with set bonuses just seems so hopelessly ridiculous that its actually made stop playing the game, like it's taking the piss out of me for playing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Make sure your gear option is set to biased.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Also never ditch your low level epic gear, keep it around and periodically use regenerate tokens when it begins to get outdated (you will never run out of them).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

!Klams posted:

So like, I'm unemployed and haven't really done much else since this game came out but multiverse, and like, I haven't even managed to get a full epics on my main yet. The idea of getting a full set with set bonuses just seems so hopelessly ridiculous that its actually made stop playing the game, like it's taking the piss out of me for playing.

They seem to be running events regularly that give a full epic set for a character. I've gotten full sets for Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Atrocitus that way and Supergirl is up right now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Norns posted:

You have had opinions

Had em, posted em.

Joker's "thank you!" makes me laugh most of the time.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They seem to be running events regularly that give a full epic set for a character. I've gotten full sets for Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Atrocitus that way and Supergirl is up right now.

They seem to have a new character specific one roughly every 24 hours - it's pretty sweet.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I've seen 2 Wonderwoman and 3 Supergirl ones, Atrocitus and Poison Ivy, but nothing yet for Dr. F. I never sold any epics, I'm nowhere near a set for anyone.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm Batman.

As if!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

"We could have had something.."
"Gross! Not happening."

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Grem posted:

Most people can't, I know I can't.

Can you coordinate a set time each evening for us Goon Squad members to attack a goon multiverse boss en masse? Seems like that would be the way to do it right.

Anytime between 5 central and 9 central would work for me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Guild Multiverse Boss Deadshot can gently caress off. Just spams his bullet shot over and over. I can't close in on him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
In the single player Green Arrow is from a random universe right? Do they ever explain that in the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In the single player Green Arrow is from a random universe right? Do they ever explain that in the game?

Only in vague terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The most explanation you get in the game is when Dr. Fate attacks GA and BC in gorilla city.

It's a pretty explicit reference to the IJ1 comics where after GA dies Dr. Fate take BC to an alternate universe where BC had died so that they can raise their child in peace. Then in the IJ2 comics, Dr Fate goes and picks them up from their safe universe so they can help B-Money rebuild

Which is nice of them to keep try to keep the comics in cannon, but makes the damian-batman standoff in the beginning of IJ2 even more annoying.

• Locked thread