Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If it makes you feel better getting rid of Obamacare is going to piss off a lot of people and at this point I think the issue is going to be a sticking point until someone puts in single payer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

LaserShark posted:

He's also going with the 'Comey leaked' narrative, which was debunked about two minutes after his lawyer said it. Because of course he is.

I can't really keep track with the right-wing Collective Rage Id, but I believe 'leaking' has been agreed upon as the most heinous of crimes that exists. Moreso than, say, colluding with a foreign nation to win an election.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

sharkbomb posted:

I can't really keep track with the right-wing Collective Rage Id, but I believe 'leaking' has been agreed upon as the most heinous of crimes that exists. Moreso than, say, colluding with a foreign nation to win an election.

Second only to EMAILS.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Rinkles posted:

Second only to EMAILS.

Which, for those playing along at home, is why leaking EMAILS actually works out to be a good thing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

Conservatives have their orders. They have all begun the process of not knowing what the gently caress a leak is.

Every time someone talks about how Comey "leaked" his unclassified memos... bring up how Chaffetz "leaked" the unclassified memo from the FBI to the chair and ranking members of the congressional oversight committees about reopening the Clinton investigation.

You can't take the tack that Comey did this and is therefore in violation of the law without also believing Chaffetz should be in jail.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Wow, 35 more minutes and he would've set his tweetless record. Sad.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
We need more of this in US politics:

https://twitter.com/LordBuckethead/status/873092191173828612

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

"Even if you lose, declare victory" is his literal, unironic personal philosophy.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sharkbomb posted:

It's this, but with "leaks about Trump" in place of robbing a bank and "criticism of a Republican" instead of theft of money:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUfNtgawNY

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Kekekela posted:

Wow, 35 more minutes and he would've set his tweetless record. Sad.

I wonder how many poor souls gave their lives fighting to keep him off Twitter.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I wonder how many poor souls gave their lives fighting to keep him off Twitter.

Don't worry; no one associated with him actually has a soul at this point.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Every time someone talks about how Comey "leaked" his unclassified memos... bring up how Chaffetz "leaked" the unclassified memo from the FBI to the chair and ranking members of the congressional oversight committees about reopening the Clinton investigation.

You can't take the tack that Comey did this and is therefore in violation of the law without also believing Chaffetz should be in jail.
Sure you can, it's easy.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
A fine Dark Soul, to you.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

He could always come over to the states. I'm sure there's a house seat he can win somewhere.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Seems kind of shaky if Trump's vindication is built upon the testimony of a show-boatin' liar like James Comey

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/872794810599473152

This man might be hired by Trump

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
old, but lol

https://twitter.com/joeltyler_/status/858778868748091393

also papa gino's is still the worst pizza chain

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JuniperCake posted:

He could always come over to the states. I'm sure there's a house seat he can win somewhere.

The first [Potentially same, I mean there is a bucket over his head] Lord Buckethead ran against Margaret Thatcher in 1987. Do you know what that means? Lord Buckethead has more political experience than Donald Trump.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He wasn't hired by Trump.....

....he was hired by the Department of Homeland Security :doh:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Chilichimp posted:

Yes you can. Politics isn't rational. There is no judge awarding logical consistency points.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure you can, it's easy.

plus it's too complicated an argument you have to think about something else and then make a connection

just say "you can't leak things that aren't secret" and then ask them if they've ever "leaked" their wal-mart reciepts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure you can, it's easy.

Fuckin' sure, you can.

It's just intellectual dishonesty.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Fuckin' sure, you can.

It's just intellectual dishonesty.

maybe nobody has told you this, but intellectual dishonesty is the keystone of US politics

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

AJC poll of likely voters this morning (Atlanta's newspaper)

Ossoff 51 (+7)
Handel 44

Ossoff has a solid majority among young voters, Handel has a narrow lead on voters over 65. 13% of Republicans and 50% of independents are with Ossoff. Only 3% of brain-damaged democrats are with Handel.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/09/ajc-poll-ossoff-opens-lead-over-handel-in-georgias-6th/

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If those numbers hold, the death of the GOP is coming.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rigel posted:

AJC poll of likely voters this morning (Atlanta's newspaper)

Ossoff 51 (+7)
Handel 44

Ossoff has a solid majority among young voters, Handel has a narrow lead on voters over 65. 13% of Republicans and 50% of independents are with Ossoff. Only 3% of brain-damaged democrats are with Handel.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/09/ajc-poll-ossoff-opens-lead-over-handel-in-georgias-6th/

in suuuuuper excited for this election

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
A lead in an off-year Special Election for a congressional seat that depends on young voters. What could go wrong?

(still good news)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

plus it's too complicated an argument you have to think about something else and then make a connection

just say "you can't leak things that aren't secret" and then ask them if they've ever "leaked" their wal-mart reciepts.

I admit this is a better tack.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

in suuuuuper excited for this election

I'm super-onboard for a collective GOP pants-making GBS threads shortly followed by the emergence of long knives and internecine warfare

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I suspect her going 'The fundamental difference between my opponent and I is I don't support you having a liveable wage!!!' was uh, a terrible mistake.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I'm super-onboard for a collective GOP pants-making GBS threads shortly followed by the emergence of long knives and internecine warfare

yes exactly

this is all culminating in a crescendo of pigfucking the GOP I don't care what reality ends up being this is my dream

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I suspect her going 'The fundamental difference between my opponent and I is I don't support you having a liveable wage!!!' was uh, a terrible mistake.

pretty good rallying cry for younger voters currently getting hosed by poo poo wages as they enter the workforce. that's still a thing. you shut your negative nancy posting fingers right up trotsky

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also we did just see a massive electoral upset (even if May managed to narrowly crawl into a minority coalition) due to 'Oh poo poo wait the youth actually turned out for better wages n' poo poo' last night in the UK.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skylined! posted:

yes exactly

this is all culminating in a crescendo of pigfucking the GOP I don't care what reality ends up being this is my dream

Handel running was always the worst case scenario for the GOP.

it would have been better for them if ossoff had won outright in the primary.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Did campaigns like rock the vote or vote or die have any appreciable effect on turnout in the past?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

LEAKER is going to become the next FAKE NEWS. They'll use it as a tool to bend reality. FAKE NEWS was a way to discredit outsiders reporting the goings on within, now LEAKER will be used as a way to discredit insiders. I don't know what the next level would be from the admin. You can't trust yourself? You can't trust me?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

hanales posted:

Did campaigns like rock the vote or vote or die have any appreciable effect on turnout in the past?

Not really, Gen X sucked.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

paternity suitor posted:

LEAKER is going to become the next FAKE NEWS. They'll use it as a tool to bend reality. FAKE NEWS was a way to discredit outsiders reporting the goings on within, now LEAKER will be used as a way to discredit insiders. I don't know what the next level would be from the admin. You can't trust yourself? You can't trust me?

I haven't gotten a good response yet from asking 'so what if they leaked, the info describes illegal activities and abuse of power'. unsurprisingly.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Night10194 posted:

One of the better cases of progressives managing to define the phrase used for an issue to score a messaging win. The GOP doesn't have a good snappy way to make opposition to it sound good so they either have to go into a long response explaining why it will hurt the almighty job creators or sound like a ghoul saying they oppose a "livable wage".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
TL;DR of yesterdays Comey meeting:

KAMALAH HARRIS: Let's talk about Sessions

JOHN CORNYN: Let's talk about Hillary

MARCO RUBIO: Let's talk about me

JOHN MCCAIN: BINGO! I GOT BINGO HERE!

• Locked thread