Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Voodoo posted:

I'm apparently awful at killing ELT Echidna with an Esper. I think I'm 0-for-8 so far these last two days. Probably four times now I've killed her before the summon animation happens, and even though the chain is still going, the esper never comes out and I don't get credit for it.

Best bet is to wait for the animation to end and then fire off your chain of abilities, remember that the esper only needs to land during the chain that kills him (her? it?). But yea it's the worst condition in the game and a tremendous pain in the rear end.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Nuebot posted:

So question about the titan trial. Am I supposed to kill the heart or ignore it? Because after I kill it, he nukes my whole team.

Killing the heart will trigger a big AoE, but that's intended. He's invulnerable at 60% until you kill the heart and if you don't kill the heart after a few turns he'll use an even bigger AoE that will wipe you. Make sure Titan itself is still ATK breaked, I don't think the heart itself actually attacks.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
An incredibly slow budget build for solo carrying Ultros trial:

The first round, Thunder Flask -> Alterna -> Point Warp until he's dead.
Second Round is slightly more complicated.
- First, use an eyedrop to cure the blind you ended up with. (DO THIS, using a break first will result in you getting Snorted!)
- Warp Break spam on Chupon.
- When Chupon takes a deep breath, Point-Warp.
- You will end up taking damage from various elemental attacks, but Ultros's spammed autos will trigger enough damage warp to heal you back. Usually.
- If you are either extremely low on HP OR you just got hit by Hailstorm (Graviga non-element), you will need to emergency Point-Warp to heal up. Try to stay above 3000 HP to prevent RNG death.
- After Chupon is dead, same rules apply, just stay healthy and keep plugging away.

I have my Noctis set up for this currently. Don't forget to bring someone for Libra!

e: new info about Ultros fight that might make it a lot safer.
- his Hailstorm attack in Round 2 is predictable.
- after he's under 50% HP, he'll use it every four turns, so defend that turn (or jump)

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 9, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scrublord Prime posted:

Killing the heart will trigger a big AoE, but that's intended. He's invulnerable at 60% until you kill the heart and if you don't kill the heart after a few turns he'll use an even bigger AoE that will wipe you. Make sure Titan itself is still ATK breaked, I don't think the heart itself actually attacks.

Oh. Maybe the attack break wore off or something, I'll have to keep an eye on that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Oh. Maybe the attack break wore off or something, I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Remember to break the body, not the core.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Remember to break the body, not the core.

I always do on the first turn.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Ok, up to 10k lapis. Give me a good banner to burn this on(and get absolutely nothing that I'm looking for) please!

Save for the anniversary.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got three giancrysts in less than 100 energy in the gem vortex today. two tech and a guard! :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

i got three giancrysts in less than 100 energy in the gem vortex today. two tech and a guard! :smith:

Hey the techs are still useful for the vast majority of good units since their stat boosting enh usually uses tech

Guard though...

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

managed to clear the ultros trial today, then noticed i hosed up and forgot to use a limit break so i went to retry it..only to find that if memu or your phone has the app crash and restart the fight, the AI will immediately do a party wipe attack as a gently caress you to people resettng turns. It does not matter if it was your turn when it reset, or if it legitimately crashed, its -40 nrg.

after several attempts to try this again and getting within inches of victory only for it to crash, i think im just going to settle never getting rod mastery for the near future.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I have 9 new slots open, folks. My Noctis isn't as sexy as some others but it should be fine for a good chunk of content! Put something goony in your message!

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Armitage posted:

I have 9 new slots open, folks. My Noctis isn't as sexy as some others but it should be fine for a good chunk of content! Put something goony in your message!

Request sent.

Managed to finish Ultros, albeit without the 5-member clear, because gently caress that. Don't have one of the chain monsters, but I pulled it off with Setzer x 2, Minfilia, Refia, Cecil, and a friend Fryevia. Back to TM farming.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

An incredibly slow budget build for solo carrying Ultros trial:

The first round, Thunder Flask -> Alterna -> Point Warp until he's dead.
Second Round is slightly more complicated.
- First, use an eyedrop to cure the blind you ended up with. (DO THIS, using a break first will result in you getting Snorted!)
- Warp Break spam on Chupon.
- When Chupon takes a deep breath, Point-Warp.
- You will end up taking damage from various elemental attacks, but Ultros's spammed autos will trigger enough damage warp to heal you back. Usually.
- If you are either extremely low on HP OR you just got hit by Hailstorm (Graviga non-element), you will need to emergency Point-Warp to heal up. Try to stay above 3000 HP to prevent RNG death.
- After Chupon is dead, same rules apply, just stay healthy and keep plugging away.

I have my Noctis set up for this currently. Don't forget to bring someone for Libra!

e: new info about Ultros fight that might make it a lot safer.
- his Hailstorm attack in Round 2 is predictable.
- after he's under 50% HP, he'll use it every four turns, so defend that turn (or jump)

First, thank you for being an awesome dude!

Secondly, let's say I'm an idiot and forgot to switch my items over from attempting Echidna, so they're all MP-focused. Am I good with your Noctis for Ultros and Chalupa?

Would just using Point-Warp work (but take a while, obviously?) I'm posting while attempting and don't want to start over unless I really have to, sunk cost fallacy, etc.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Dyer's raid vid shows how loving crazy a 100% evade, 2x RoL Wilhelm is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMAWfbS0tqs

His team is so disgusting and this is making me wanna blow tickets on Wilhelm.

edit: He needs to work on his DR chaining though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: I still can't beat the titan trial. My Orlandeu just doesn't have enough attack or MP yet.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

First, thank you for being an awesome dude!

Secondly, let's say I'm an idiot and forgot to switch my items over from attempting Echidna, so they're all MP-focused. Am I good with your Noctis for Ultros and Chalupa?

Would just using Point-Warp work (but take a while, obviously?) I'm posting while attempting and don't want to start over unless I really have to, sunk cost fallacy, etc.

I... maybe? Not being able to cure blind will definitely make the fight take like 5 hours. A friend of mine cleared it with just my Noctis and took 2 1/2 hours, and he wasn't blind. :(

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Warp break is worth like 2-2.5 point warps worth of damage, and that's assuming your point warps land due to blind. You're looking at like 10 hours.

Honestly the majority of the damage to Orthros is from the Holy counter, at least in round 2.

Anyway right before killing Typhos I hosed up and got Dana's Noctis snorted like 2 hours in :v:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

True Titan can kiss my true rear end! All objectives met, my 5th try on this I think.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm not really seeing Setzer's usefulness in fights anymore. It's his cover that really makes him stand out in a really bad way, since most healers are female he tends to defend them, usually when they're at full health. He usually ends up eating two physical attacks at a time and dies quickly. :doh:

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 9, 2017

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

suuma posted:

Warp break is worth like 2-2.5 point warps worth of damage, and that's assuming your point warps land due to blind. You're looking at like 10 hours.

Honestly the majority of the damage to Orthros is from the Holy counter, at least in round 2.

Anyway right before killing Typhos I hosed up and got Dana's Noctis snorted like 2 hours in :v:

I had a similar experience last night. Literally fell asleep on my phone and mashed my face into some command that wasn't point warp. I woke up to the difficulty select screen.

Still, that noctis build is great and I'm glad I got to see it in action.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

suuma posted:

This is basically what happened to me.

At least I know it's possible now!

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Did a half pull this morning and pulled an Amelia! 3/5 of my latest TMRs will be done by today, so time to grind out that Romandan Pistol. Really wish I didn't smush all my other Mustadios together...

Which of these TMRs would you pick next? My best DPS are Chizuru, Setzer, Firion and Exdeath, and I already have 4 Dual Wields, a Dualcast Refia and practically everything needed for BiS Firion (except Brave Suit). Also haven't done any of the ELT Trials since Dark Esper (also need to do Titan).

Abiliities
Guy / Hill Digger #1 (of 5)
Ingus / Letters and Arms #1 (of 3)
Leon / Dark Knight's Soul #1 (of 5)
Ludmille / Dualcast #2 (of 5)
Seven / Discernment #1 (of 3)

Equipment
Abel / Bowie Knife #1 (of 3)
Delita / Moonblade
Mercedes / Viking Axe #1 (of 4)
Hayate / Black Cowl #3 (of 7)
Lawrence / Monster Breastplate #1 (of 5)
Kefka / Ribbon #1 (of 4)
Locke / Rising Sun #2 (of 3)
Miyuki / Sakurafubuki #2 (of 4)
Setzer / Fixed Dice #1
Sozhe / Emperor's Majesty #1 (of 2)
Vanille / Magistral Crest #1 (of 4)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Got Setzer #1 on my daily pull yesterday. Threw a ticket at the new banner today and...Setzer #2. I'll take it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Armitage posted:

I'm not really seeing Setzer's usefulness in fights anymore. It's his cover that really makes him stand out in a really bad way, since most healers are female he tends to defend them, usually when they're at full health. He usually ends up eating two physical attacks at a time and dies quickly. :doh:

At the very least setzer chains can carry you through even the most recent coin/fish events easily. A strong finisher friend means that it'll never be obsolete for this sort of content.

Trials though are a different thing altogether.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i did fifteen pulls on this dumb rear end banner chasing a new coat for olive and my two gold crystals were refia and gaffgarion, and i got six of the aqua sword lately.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Armitage posted:

It's his cover that really makes him stand out in a really bad way, since most healers are female he tends to defend them, usually when they're at full health.

Wait is this a thing

e: uh wow it is okay, that seems dumb

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At the very least setzer chains can carry you through even the most recent coin/fish events easily. A strong finisher friend means that it'll never be obsolete for this sort of content.

Trials though are a different thing altogether.

Yeah i was able to clear the ultros trial last night with a 100% dodge Noctis drawing attacks while 3 setzers with aquan killer and 3 poach each just spammed dice and double dice and it murders the poo poo out of him and thyphon. It also works on gilgamesh trial because all these bosses have lower hp and higher defense and flat damage just ignores all that defense.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Drew an Abel today, after last week's 2 Kaiser Sozhes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

i did fifteen pulls on this dumb rear end banner chasing a new coat for olive and my two gold crystals were refia and gaffgarion, and i got six of the aqua sword lately.

Same.

An 11 pull tha was hot garbage, 10 tickets that went nowhere. I have 8 camilles and no housekeeper apron for my Olive and no drug dealer. But I do enjoy the discord posters who chime in with their Amelia 1/2 pull announcements every couple minutes today.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
1/2 pull and 5 tickets. 1 aqua sword chick, the rest absolute garbage without even ok TMs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really shouldn't even bother with this banner because chocobro has no place in my team and at most watersword lady might be useful if I pull a tidus while whaling for Rikku.

And yet I must pull. Ive been conditioned to pull the daily even when there is very little gains to be had. That off chance of seeing the rainbow come down from the daily is a rush that I must follow.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also went looking for an apron today, but after reading the thread I stopped after a 1/2 pull and 2 tickets of 2 water sword ladies and some guy I don't even know.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
In the rarest glimpse of luck, I spent a ticket today because bored. My daily was Illus, the ticket was Xon. I'll take it!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KDdidit posted:

Also went looking for an apron today, but after reading the thread I stopped after a 1/2 pull and 2 tickets of 2 water sword ladies and some guy I don't even know.

I also want a pair of Aprons, so after my luck on the last 2 banners pulling the golds I figured this one must be the one!

1/2 pull.. gold!...Grace.

Hmm, ok well you got me game, let's see how you like my ticket summon!

Gold...Grace.

Well played. Exvius. Well played.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the overlap from prior banners trend continues

just going to do dailies for now

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Got a Yshtolla today. What's the rule with her and Refia? (No D.C.)

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Refia with dual cast is (probably) better than Y'shtola, but Y'sh has built in DC. She's really good.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
if your team lacks an attack/def buff then refia does nicely

both are useful in different situations

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Managed to get mushroom head drinky lady from the banner. She looks interesting with a really good SPR TM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cry Havoc posted:

if your team lacks an attack/def buff then refia does nicely

both are useful in different situations

This is correct. Dual-cast Refia is largely immune to status effects, but lacks innate refresh. She also cannot protectga/shellga. She has full raise and can dual-cast it.

Y'shtola can't cure stone and cannot boost attack. She has a full cure, but it's not magic, so she can't dual cast it.

• Locked thread