Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

here it is again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU9B07vaeU

i'm a lumbering pleasure dinosaur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

here it is again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU9B07vaeU

i'm a lumbering pleasure dinosaur

that's pretty good

also do they ever show maris? greyhounds dont count

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

maskenfreiheit posted:

that's pretty good

also do they ever show maris? greyhounds dont count

No, I'm pretty sure (without being snide about it) that that's the joke.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

algebra testes posted:

No, I'm pretty sure (without being snide about it) that that's the joke.

ah, i haven't finished the series and was kind of hoping for a maris vs daphne throwdown

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Maris would kill her.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Maris would kill her.

she'd faint from the effort and hit her head

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
She'd do it with a crossbow.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Then have Yoshi bury her in the garden.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Then have Yoshi bury her in the garden.

Yoshi passed away in like season 7 or 8 you insensitive bastard!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uh Daphne had 5 brothers, Maris was probably raised by 3 Mexican cleaning ladies and used to be a real porker so we know she's not in shape, I feel like Daphne would clean house.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
daphne is from knifecrime island, she'll shiv that slag

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ditty bout my clitty posted:

And Ally Mcbeal for those unfortunate enough to have seen it.

Also it's weird that Kimmy is so hot in real life when she's always making some sort of hosed up face on the show.

I tolerated watching Ally McBeal with my mother solely for Jane Krakowski and Courtney Thorne-Smith. And Peter MacNicol doing something funny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yoshi passed away in like season 7 or 8 you insensitive bastard!

I'm upset that I could remember the name of Niles and Maris's gardener but I didn't remember that.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
I wish my ex-wife was this agreeable. And dead.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Police Automaton posted:

I wish my ex-wife was this agreeable. And dead.

Wishing death on people is bannable butt cool.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
It's a quote.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Technically everything's a quote :spergin:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Technically everything's a quote :spergin:

My ex wife would love you. if she weren't dead

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
It's a quote of it's a drink! It's a bomb!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Just re-watched the sky lodge episode, boy, talk about blue balls

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ElGroucho posted:

One of my favourites.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

I too loved the episode where they all got in flying cars and drove through the air up to a hotel floating in mid-air, and were subjected to a farcical romantic plot once they arrived

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I too loved the episode where they all got in flying cars and drove through the air up to a hotel floating in mid-air, and were subjected to a farcical romantic plot once they arrived

That was when Martin's ears wouldn't pop because of the altitude and he made buttered space rum right?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The fabled lost last season of Frasier where the writers decided the premise was getting stale so they reset the show in the Jetsons universe without any explanations. It was very strange.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
not as strange as laser frasier

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"DAAAAAAAAAAPHNEEEEEEEEE! STAAAAHP THIS CRAZY THIIIIIIIIIIIING!"

*Daphne-Robot wheelies over to window, listening to music loudly while tidying up, and absentmindedly closes blinds on Frazier. Martin pretends not to notice smiling coylyat camera*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
In an extremely Frasier voice: "I see my typo has lead to merriment. You know, Oscar Wilde once said..."

"Shaadup, Frasier! The Mariners are playing!"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Roz thinking she's too good for a garbage man was pretty hilarious.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

maskenfreiheit posted:

Was that the guy she dated that got so mad e punched a raccoon?

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Big City Drinkin posted:

Was that the guy she dated that got so mad e punched a raccoon?

no it was the dude who killed his best friend for money in nyc in the 80s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

He broke up with her. Probably because of her kid. Then they had to rewind an entire plot point of her wanting Frasier and quitting her job in the last season.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In honor of the UK election I'm watching the episode where Frasier and Niles support the crazy guy for Congress.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

He broke up with her. Probably because of her kid. Then they had to rewind an entire plot point of her wanting Frasier and quitting her job in the last season.

I always wondered about that. It had seemed for a long time like they were slowly, subtly pushing that Frasier and Roz would get together by the end of the show (aside from most of the last season). I'm just curious is that was the original intention, or if it was never on the agenda.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BMS posted:

I always wondered about that. It had seemed for a long time like they were slowly, subtly pushing that Frasier and Roz would get together by the end of the show (aside from most of the last season). I'm just curious is that was the original intention, or if it was never on the agenda.

I think it tested extremely poorly and they wound it back in the first and second episode of the last season. I have no proof of this, but it just seemed like such a weird abrupt turn for the show which had been fairly straight written for a the entire span. Frasier's dating a woman that's bad for him, Roz comes to realize that he is the person she's been looking for, she straight up says "Pick me! Pick me over her, please Frasier." He chooses the other person, and Roz quits her job and leaves. I think the last season was going to be getting them together, but no one wanted to see that so they had to just reset everything back to the status quo and have Frasier dump the one girl because of Pictionary.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I was always a bit torn about whether that would've been better than introducing a fairly generic love interest in the last season and trying to convince us she was really "the one" and building a pretty uninteresting love triangle around it. Ultimately I suppose they probably made the right choice, even though it would've been better if they started laying the groundwork earlier. The other way, they would run the risk of retroactively "ruining" Frasier & Roz's relationship throughout the series. This way, you could even choose to interpret it a number of ways. Maybe the girl he left Seattle for actually ended up not being "the one" but he found someone else in... I want to say Chicago? Or maybe it actually did work. Up to the viewer I guess.

Also, my phone autocorrected Roz to a "rose" emoji so I guess my phone is actually Daphne's brother.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Norm and Cliff were supposed to be lovers, right? they just couldn't show it in 80s/90s TV standards

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Norm and Cliff were supposed to be lovers, right? they just couldn't show it in 80s/90s TV standards

There is a 100% chance that this erotic fan fiction exists but I ain't searching for it :whitewater:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

I was always a bit torn about whether that would've been better than introducing a fairly generic love interest in the last season and trying to convince us she was really "the one" and building a pretty uninteresting love triangle around it. Ultimately I suppose they probably made the right choice, even though it would've been better if they started laying the groundwork earlier. The other way, they would run the risk of retroactively "ruining" Frasier & Roz's relationship throughout the series. This way, you could even choose to interpret it a number of ways. Maybe the girl he left Seattle for actually ended up not being "the one" but he found someone else in... I want to say Chicago? Or maybe it actually did work. Up to the viewer I guess.

Also, my phone autocorrected Roz to a "rose" emoji so I guess my phone is actually Daphne's brother.

Agreed, but through the whole show a lot of his character was about not being willing to take a risk or go all in for a woman, and in the last episode that's exactly what he did. I kinda liked that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
What I found the strangest about Roz's behavior in the season 10 finale is that she went SO berserk and gave the ultimatum to Frasier. In the rest of the show she always seems fairly collected and I just felt that moment was really out of character for her.