Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
With enough rear end game he can

You dominate them with your rear end, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

bamhand posted:

I would like if weights weren't so goddamned heavy when I squat them. TIA.

So you guy's still wanna be like me, you still want to have the same work ethic is I had. Well as you can see I'm 8 X Mr Olympia and I can't walk. I endured an 11 hour major back surgery last Tuesday. Do I have any regrets?, if I had a chance to do it all over again would I change anything? Yes if I had a chance to do it all over again I would change one thing. That is when I squatted that 800lbs I would do 4 reps instead of 2, that is my only regret in my career. Those 2 reps I did still haunts me today because I know I had 4 in me but the coward in me only did 2. That is my only regret.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

albert einstein was a wise bro

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MikeCrotch posted:

So you guy's still wanna be like me, you still want to have the same work ethic is I had. Well as you can see I'm 8 X Mr Olympia and I can't walk. I endured an 11 hour major back surgery last Tuesday. Do I have any regrets?, if I had a chance to do it all over again would I change anything? Yes if I had a chance to do it all over again I would change one thing. That is when I squatted that 800lbs I would do 4 reps instead of 2, that is my only regret in my career. Those 2 reps I did still haunts me today because I know I had 4 in me but the coward in me only did 2. That is my only regret.

Yeah buddy

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I just want to look good naked, man.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

lol if you need to lift weights to look good naked

what kind of poo poo genes u got??

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Asian ones. Also I'm fat.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

my god

Why did you become fat? what were you thinking

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In this post-kinkshaming world what does "look good naked" even mean?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

sassassin posted:

In this post-kinkshaming world what does "look good naked" even mean?

Anything better than a dadbod

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Unless you got a huge hog, in which case it'll make up for a lot

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fartbox posted:

Unless you got a huge hog, in which case it'll make up for a lot

wider than it is long

think about it xoxo

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

when you lift at home, you can lift naked if you want (like the greeks of old!) and use your whole house as your depraved sauna without scrutiny

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You have to have full mirrored walls though or what's the point

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
did five 4x10 days in a row, then went to sleep last night at 6:30 and slept for 13 hours

:waycool:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sleep makes u strong so congrats on your gainz

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

TenementFunster posted:

did five 4x10 days in a row, then went to sleep last night at 6:30 and slept for 13 hours

That's one way to autoregulate volume.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I work out at night and don't sleep well because it gives me energy

Or I overtrain

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I work out at night and don't sleep well because it gives me energy

Or I overtrain
it makes me exhausted and i fall over the second the PWO buzz wears off

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Try my 1 week plan to success

- F: catch mild cold; 300 workout
- S: carefully let cold incubate, continue not eating lunch per prior schedule
- S: dig hole in hot sun, dehydrate, 300 workout, lose verified 7 lbs
- M: ignore warning signs
- T: 300 workout, immediately lapse into near-coma
- W: deathly chills, limited awareness and lucidity
- Th: nose turns into faucet; 300 workout

Tomorrow will surely dawn bright and new

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

horrible illness is often a great way to cut, especially if it's of the intestinal kind

e:
deathly chills and a high fever are just weakness leaving your body. keep purging it!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

semi-serious workout hack: lift without spotters or safety bars to put the fear into your lifts and give yourself an adrenaline boost for the final rep

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I havent slept more then 4-5 hours a night for the last 3 months

I pray for death

Depression cut coming along nicely though

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

i always ask the cute girls for spotting

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

I havent slept more then 4-5 hours a night for the last 3 months

I pray for death

Depression cut coming along nicely though
Sleep more.

TenementFunster posted:

Sleep less.

I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible to actually sleep for more than 7-8 hours for me. As in, I've done it 0 times in my adult life besides when they drug me to sleep for a major surgery. Once I wake up after 5-6 hours of sleep I literally can't fall back to sleep for 16-20 hours. It blows, but it also kinda doesn't blow.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 9, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I never need alarms in the morning because I always wake up before they ring

It actually does suck, sometimes I just want to like sleep extra because the day before I got sshit sleep but my brain just goes "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, you've had 7 hours of sleep YOU MUST WAKE UP NOW"

Internal alarm clocks never failing blows

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm thinking about doing 5/3/1 for my Bench and OHP and adding in a good bit of pulling for the accessories. I think nice slow steady gains like that would work better for me with my crazy hours plus I'm not in any rush over gains. Once I build my squat and dead back up to where they were, I'll transfer those too. I plugged some of the numbers in from what I know my max on bench is and even during the heavier weeks, it's not quite the intensity I've been doing lately, so it should be much easier for me to recover from.

Even the heavy single you do on the 3rd wave for me would only be 158lbs on the first cycle, and here lately I've been 3x3ing up to 170, probably a little too much intensity for someone like me who works a ton. Plus the built in deload week would help.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 9, 2017

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Khorne posted:

Sleep less.

I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible to actually sleep for more than 7-8 hours for me. As in, I've done it 0 times in my adult life besides when they drug me to sleep for a major surgery. Once I wake up after 5-6 hours of sleep I literally can't fall back to sleep for 16-20 hours. It blows, but it also kinda doesn't blow.
that sounds fantastic. my idiot brain has always wanted way too much sleep, but knocking out for 13 hours flat was pretty disconcerting

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
My sleep has been utter garbage trash. I work a lot, like I always mention so I'm generally tired as gently caress but my mattress is really a huge pile of poo poo and is likely what caused the latest round of shoulder issues. I posted in the questions thread about good mattresses and maybe I can get a new one soon, I'm really looking forward to good mattress related gains soon.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Not working out while on vacation is driving me insane. Also, pushups made my lats? sore somehow as well as some shoulder area muscle that I can't discern.

Wagyu is also amazing. Not a big steak fan but I would be if the wagyu I had last night was the standard and much cheaper.

TenementFunster posted:

that sounds fantastic. my idiot brain has always wanted way too much sleep, but knocking out for 13 hours flat was pretty disconcerting
It really sucks when I can't sleep when I need to. Like on long flights or if I need to be up at 3-4am due to some important stuff. Even when I was a child I couldn't take naps. I remember having to lay there awake during naptime at preschool poo poo blew.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 9, 2017

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Almost every time I take a nap I wake up feeling bloated and like I have acid indigestion. I've only been getting 4-5 hours of sleep throughout the work week, I don't think it's because of my ECA stack.. I'm just bad about using my free time efficiently, and I end up trying to cram a bunch of chores in last minute and it keeps me up later than I'd like. And then after I finish all of them I'll be pretty awake.

Now that its starting to get warmer that will be another thing that bothers me :smith:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

My sleep has been utter garbage trash. I work a lot, like I always mention so I'm generally tired as gently caress but my mattress is really a huge pile of poo poo and is likely what caused the latest round of shoulder issues. I posted in the questions thread about good mattresses and maybe I can get a new one soon, I'm really looking forward to good mattress related gains soon.
i have a baller mattress that is comfy yet very supportive, new, crisp sheets, a warm yet breathable down duvet, a soft new mattress pad, and a half dozen big, fluffy down pillows

perhaps my bed game is too strong?!

just go to a mattress store (gently caress an internet mattress) that has a test drive policy and spend a week or two on trying out a handful. it took me 3 tries to find the firmness level i liked best. a great mattress isn't cheap but for something you spend so much goddamn time using, just about any price is worthwhile for a good sleep.
get the right pillows for your style of sleep (back, side, stomach) and shell out for some sheets, and mattress pad, and the rest.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I can't take naps either

I chalk it up to my SUPERIOR BRAIN working TOO HARD and thinking about TOO MANY IMPORTANT THINGS

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

i have a baller mattress that is comfy yet very supportive, new, crisp sheets, a warm yet breathable down duvet, a soft new mattress pad, and a half dozen big, fluffy down pillows

perhaps my bed game is too strong?!

just go to a mattress store (gently caress an internet mattress) that has a test drive policy and spend a week or two on trying out a handful. it took me 3 tries to find the firmness level i liked best. a great mattress isn't cheap but for something you spend so much goddamn time using, just about any price is worthwhile for a good sleep.
get the right pillows for your style of sleep (back, side, stomach) and shell out for some sheets, and mattress pad, and the rest.

Yeah I thought about checking out a store. I just hope 4-500 would be enough to get something at least half decent.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

Not working out while on vacation is driving me insane. Also, pushups made my lats? sore somehow as well as some shoulder area muscle that I can't discern.

Sick rotator cuff pump.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have this great big bed but I prefer sleeping on the couch next to it

5h a night average since college, it owns

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Are you a dog?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
5 hours? the heck

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the brain uses sleep to consolidate memories and create neuronal connections involved in learning. if you don't require much sleep, that means you're basically a big dumb dumb. i'm sorry you had to find out this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I used to sleep more as a teenager. I guess I've only grown dumber with age :negative: