Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I like when MLB games spontaneously turn into little league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah agreed 3B definitely needs an upgrade

If you're between 16 and 23, you can give it a shot!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/want-play-for-braves-you-can-try-out-for-team/3pJ4h6NVSGLagWTwLI4pzI/

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Agreed on hilarious, but I can't blame him for trying

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grittybeard posted:

Baseball is hilarious.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/06/09/1478872383/1496980424974/asset_1200K.mp4

Agreed.

Bonus Buxton defense for those that want it.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Disagreed.

That turned out to be the winning run, too. Sigh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony Phillips posted:

That turned out to be the winning run, too. Sigh.

Only because Buxton ruined Cano's redemption in the clip I linked :v:

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
To the one who asked for info about the Beer and Whiskey League, I just finished Achorn - The Summer of Beer and Whiskey and it's amazing. Ridiculously well researched and a roaring story about a strange, brutal time. The chapter about the black players alone is worth the price of admission.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Lane Adams played in both a minor and major league game the same day. That's gotta be pretty rare.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kevin Kiermaier broke his hip sliding into second :smith:

Also, Rickie Weeks is on the DL with suckitis.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was sliding into first

http://m.rays.mlb.com/tb/video/v1477609783/cwstb-kiermaier-leaves-game-after-running-to-first

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

In an undisclosed location somewhere in Toronto, Kevin Pillar puts an X through Kiermaier's photograph, drops it in a trash can next to Trout's picture, and picks up a file on his desk labelled PROJECT 2017 GOLDEN GLOVE - GEORGE SPRINGER.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

shadok posted:

In an undisclosed location somewhere in Toronto, Kevin Pillar puts an X through Kiermaier's photograph, drops it in a trash can next to Trout's picture, and picks up a file on his desk labelled PROJECT 2017 GOLDEN GLOVE - GEORGE SPRINGER.

Aaron Judge will stop his nefarious plan.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Well that's even worse! :mad:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shadok posted:

Stay the hell away from Buxton you monster

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also I wanted to contain these in their own post

https://twitter.com/darenw/status/873025693864542208

https://twitter.com/darenw/status/873194394492555264

https://twitter.com/darenw/status/873206964804825089

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

cards might be firing matheny. they're hosting a conference to announce 'coaching changes'.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I'm juuuuuuust a bit too old. Turned 34 on Monday. Then on Wednesday tore my calf muscle playing kickball. Currently waiting for an MRI to see how bad the damage is.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Abel Wingnut posted:

cards might be firing matheny. they're hosting a conference to announce 'coaching changes'.

nooooooooooooooo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Abel Wingnut posted:

Didn't they just extend him this offseason?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

5-17 over the last 22 games

I'm gonna go with yeah it's time for some kind of change. And by that I mean I hope Matheny becomes the new guy in the Fredbird suit and then hire whoever else to manage the team.

Ain't gonna happen though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What's the parking situation like at Angel Stadium? I'm flying out to my company's CA office and I'm gonna get to a game since the Yankees will be in town, but I'm not sure if I should drive up there myself from Irvine or what.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm juuuuuuust a bit too old. Turned 34 on Monday. Then on Wednesday tore my calf muscle playing kickball. Currently waiting for an MRI to see how bad the damage is.

Go see a Mets doctor and they'll have you back on the field tomorrow!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Abel Wingnut posted:

Wishful thinking. Maloney reassigned. Jhonny DFA.

I'm getting the things I asked for finally, (Jhonny gone, Adams traded) but it's too bad the club couldn't see this in say, November, like any other rational thinking fan saw. This team is run very poorly :(

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is Rocco Baldelli the Rays 1st base coach?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Inspector_666 posted:

What's the parking situation like at Angel Stadium? I'm flying out to my company's CA office and I'm gonna get to a game since the Yankees will be in town, but I'm not sure if I should drive up there myself from Irvine or what

A lot depends on traffic but it has a huge parking lot near the freeway. Irvine is close by. I would drive myself if I were you.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

These are awesome, but I love the difference between LF and RF for Correa--that's neat to see in graphic form

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Der Meister posted:

A lot depends on traffic but it has a huge parking lot near the freeway. Irvine is close by. I would drive myself if I were you.

Alright. I was mainly worried about getting charged an arm and a leg for the parking, but given the traffic situation in CA I guess taking a Lyft or something could end up costing me more.

Maybe I'll just make my brother drive, although that would be mean since he's gonna be driving over from right near Dodger Stadium.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Whelp, time to order MLB.tv. I'm officially leaving the Brewers TV market and I refuse to become a fan of my new local team.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Inspector_666 posted:

What's the parking situation like at Angel Stadium? I'm flying out to my company's CA office and I'm gonna get to a game since the Yankees will be in town, but I'm not sure if I should drive up there myself from Irvine or what.

Go see a Mets doctor and they'll have you back on the field tomorrow!

Parking is $10 and the Angels have the biggest most convenient lot in baseball. Depending on traffic you'd either be taking the 5 and exiting City Drive (becomes State College) or the 57 and exiting Orangewood. State College is closer to 3B/LF and Orangewood is closer to 1B/RF but it doesn't make too much of a difference.

I would drive if you have access to a car, it'd be cheaper than getting an Uber/Lyft, parking included.

Comedy option is to take the Angels Express metrolink from Irvine Station to the Artic so you can see how lovely SoCal public transportation is. $7 round trip.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: According to my mom there's a picture of my dad and me in the "House Divided" Cubs/Cards exhibit of the Lincoln Museum in Springfield.

V: drat Yankees? The Cards shall rise again? I don't know, I've got nothing.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone read "A Whole Different Ball Game" by Marvin Miller? Looks fascinating and got it for a buck at a used book store.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is Rocco Baldelli the Rays 1st base coach?

Yeah, the owner says he has a job for life wherever he wants to be in the organization.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Rocco Baldelli aka #1 best dude in MVP 2005

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Rocco Baldelli aka #1 best dude in MVP 2005

READY

STEADY

THIS GUY IS ROCCO BALDELLI

I miss MVP 2005 but my HDTV has too high a delay to play it :sigh:

Also unstoppable
Zack Greinke
Joe Mauer
Justin Morneau
:swoon: Jon Dowd :swoon:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

gently caress you Dan Bellino, you terrible poo poo umpire

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Spoeank posted:

READY

STEADY

THIS GUY IS ROCCO BALDELLI

I miss MVP 2005 but my HDTV has too high a delay to play it :sigh:

Also unstoppable
Zack Greinke
Joe Mauer
Justin Morneau
:swoon: Jon Dowd :swoon:

Oh man, MVP 2005 ruled, that Zack Grienke curve was nasty

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Didn't Rocco Baldelli turn into a huge douche recently? I might be confusing him with Aubrey Huff

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Poque posted:

Didn't Rocco Baldelli turn into a huge douche recently? I might be confusing him with Aubrey Huff

Aubrey Huff is a major rear end in a top hat. Rocco hasn't done anything douchey that I know of. Everyone's always said he's a great guy.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Please tell me this isn't staged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVJGe4_FBvB/

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I wish the Astros hadn't been exposed as frauds #cubsposting

I can definitely see the stuff Martes has that makes him such a hot prospect but man he sure didn't miss bats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Didn't get to catch the game tonight but I see the Mets walked Danny Santana to get to Dansby, who then doubles two runs home? I know he's still not hitting well on paper but... that's a weird move?

• Locked thread