Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

Reviewers of Arms at ars technica were upset to learn that ranked mode is locked behind beating arcade mode on medium difficulty and the ai starts using blocks and dodges at that level.

One guy called nintendo for help and then wrote an article about how the game is a return to classic nes difficulty.

Accessible fighting games are a good source of comedy

My favorite part of these types of games is how reviewers keep claiming the motion controls are "unresponsive" when in reality they work fine and they just suck at the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

My favorite part of these types of games is how reviewers keep claiming the motion controls are "unresponsive" when in reality they work fine and they just suck at the game.

Yeah the character can only punch so fast but you can pump your fist 10 times before it reels back in so you think its broken if youre dumb

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
learning to get good at a game is a easy way to grow to like it

unfortunately a lot of games don't even give you the opportunity to be terrible at them anymore

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zand posted:

unfortunately a lot of games don't even give you the opportunity to be terrible at them anymore

I played so much Soul Calibur alone throughout high school that by the time SC2 came out my first year in college I effortlessly owned just about everyone in my dorm.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Zand posted:

This is so true it hurts.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they finally make a new virtua on after like 15 years and it's this retarded looking nintendo poo poo. I am so tired of this loving company.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

virtua on would be a cool sega franchise mashup

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Arms isn't Virtual On, also Sega's making a new Virtual On as a tie-in to some anime that did a weird "our characters got sucked into the world of Virtual On!" plot.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i love virtual on so much i can't even spell the name right and i'm very pissed off at nintendo for ruining it!!!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

they finally make a new virtua on after like 15 years and it's this retarded looking nintendo poo poo. I am so tired of this loving company.

I wasn't aware "being fun" and "having personality" was retarded

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

absolutely anything posted:

i love virtual on so much i can't even spell the name right and i'm very pissed off at nintendo for ruining it!!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Arms isn't Virtual On, also Sega's making a new Virtual On as a tie-in to some anime that did a weird "our characters got sucked into the world of Virtual On!" plot.

This might actually get me to like anime.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

AndyElusive posted:

This might actually get me to like anime.

The anime's "A Certain Magical Index", if that means anything to anyone. They put out a teaser trailer but the game is a long way off and there's no way to know if it'll suck or not, it could just be a VOOT reskin or something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJLRXQlVxE

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

That sounds too dumb to possibly be true.

The anime's "A Certain Magical Index", if that means anything to anyone. They put out a teaser trailer but the game is a long way off and there's no way to know if it'll suck or not, it could just be a VOOT reskin or something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJLRXQlVxE

I stand by my first assertion.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
IIRC that whole thing started as a crossover light novel and Sega figured that they weren't doing anything else with VO other than putting costumes in PSO2 a few years back so hey.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Anime sure is stupid

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Overbite posted:

Anime sure is stupid

actually

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Overbite posted:

Anime sure is stupid

75% of fighting games are anime, it can not be avoided.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Tekken is anime

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
life is anime

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Overbite posted:

Anime sure is stupid

attackmole posted:

life is anime

checks out

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Gundam versus is coming out some time this year and that's kinda like virtual on :shrug:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I want to romance Harada in Summer Lesson

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I want to romance Harada in Summer Lesson

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Anyone have any experience with this thing : https://www.focusattack.com/fanta-crown-upgrade-kit/ ?

I installed it in a crown stick (taking 2 hours of stretching and fiddling while watching a stream to shove the little circular piece into the grommet) and while it feels BETTER and tighter than the crown grommet, it still feels looser and different than my other Myoungshin Fanta stick.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wanna post a vid so we can see how loose it is?

if its assembled correctly and you want it stiffer, you can swap in a new tension spring. i put 4lb ones in all of my sticks

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wanna post a vid so we can see how loose it is?

if its assembled correctly and you want it stiffer, you can swap in a new tension spring. i put 4lb ones in all of my sticks

Not sure if that'll help, but I can do that.

I've figured out the exact problem. It isn't nearly sensitive enough in regards to generating inputs. Gentle tilting my Fanta stick generates a click, feedback and input from the stick, gently tilting the modified crown however generates nothing at all. Would a heavier spring help with this?

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 9, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

just looked up the fanta crown stick, and there's no spring. Tension is from the rubber grommet, unlike JLF sticks

not seeing one above the 60a offered in the upgrade kit you already got

you might do well to post in the SRK tech talk section

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got to play some T7 today.

Thank you Namco for making a character especially for me. Pretty dresses, easy combos, short moveset, throws tigers, has a magic 4 and a good jab punish. Capcom was very rude, took away my mains and put only garbage tier people in SFV, and you went through all the trouble of making Kazumi so that I had someone to play.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just looked up the fanta crown stick, and there's no spring. Tension is from the rubber grommet, unlike JLF sticks

not seeing one above the 60a offered in the upgrade kit you already got

you might do well to post in the SRK tech talk section

Looking over the instructions, I think I can see where I messed up.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. If I still have the troubles I'll post on SRK's tech forum.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

post here too, working on sticks is my jam and i know a few people who might be able to help out if needed.

Fanta sticks are kinda outta my wheelhouse but its fun to learn

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/873164613176537088

DBZ + Xrd? yes please

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

holy poo poo DBZ fighting game made by ArcSys makes so much sense, never realized how utterly perfect this is

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

HAIL (Mr.) SATAN

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

HAIL (Mr.) SATAN

If this game ends up being the DBZ game of my dreams Satan will be top tier.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
is it 3v3 like KoF or 3v3 like Marvel

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Marvel isn't 3v3 anymore

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is it 3v3 like KoF or 3v3 like Marvel

The screens make it look like marvel style, although who knows how team or tag mechanics will work out so could still be weird.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ixiggle posted:

The screens make it look like marvel style, although who knows how team or tag mechanics will work out so could still be weird.

ArcSys making a better 3v3 game with DBZ characters would be the most glorious gently caress You to Capcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

it looks 3v3 by the character portraits

jfc thats gonna be rad