Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Trump's predisent, Durant's on the warriors, sure why not? let lebron go to the lakers, why would it stop now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

jackofarcades posted:

I'm not sure there's any move for either Lebron or the Cavs to get better. I don't know where Lebron can go that could reasonably sign him to a max and beat the Warriors.

Who needs a max? Lebron has made a lot of money and will make more with endorsements. Sign to the Spurs with CP3 and make the WCF great again.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

Who needs a max? Lebron has made a lot of money and will make more with endorsements. Sign to the Spurs with CP3 and make the WCF great again.

i think he got a lot of heat from his…well Heat days for taking less money.

the players union doesn't want to see max level players sacrificing money because then teams will pressure other stars to take less money, devaluing players' worth. at least, i think i remember that being a thing.

as for him going to the spurs, i'm not saying it's likely to happen, but he has a player option in 2018 and that's the year the spurs' cap space is cleared by like 50 million or so

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Lebron's going to stay and valuable free agents will flock to his side in Cleveland for little money to beat the warriors and they're going to hire me as coach

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

RaySmuckles posted:

as for him going to the spurs, i'm not saying it's likely to happen, but he has a player option in 2018 and that's the year the spurs' cap space is cleared by like 50 million or so

Cp3 about to sign a 1 year with clippers

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Lebron signs with Real Madrid and becomes the emperor of Spain.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://sports.yahoo.com/first-round-prospect-diagnosed-potentially-career-ending-disorder-233438983.html Jonathan Jeanne has Marfan syndrome and may never play. I wonder if he'll get the honorary jersey treatment,, or is that for first round prospects only

Apparently Stan is still trying to trade Drummond and Reggie Jackson

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I don't know why but I extremely respect this.

EvanTH posted:

repeating request for new thread title

It's really important.

--

Regarding Lebron chat, Lebron has always had a good relationship with the Buss family, and actually met with the Lakers several times before returning to Cleveland. My general take on it was that it was just a negotiating tactic, because the Lakers are a legit boogeyman to Dan Gilbert.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

he'd be a perfect off the bench guy and mentor to dejounte (he's even signaled that how he sees the future- new manu off the bench)

give him a small but respectable contract. he's earned it and thats how the spurs do

This is what's going to happen assuming he comes back from injury near what he was playing at this last year. He had one bad game in the playoffs before he got injured, but outside of that he was great. Give him a chance to go up against bench guards and he's going to torch them for a few more years.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Femur posted:

lol they're screwed, I get why Lebron is floating the leave narrative once again. TT and Irving have been are relative disappointments, they ain't gonna carry old LeBron to jack poo poo. I appreciate that Kyrie choose style over substance through. Steph just teabagged your homecourt.

Kyrie has been one of the best players in the NBA this season and TT has been perfectly fine. Cavaliers went 12-1 in the playoffs up till now. There was a lot of basketball this season to draw better conclusions than against one of the best assembled teams ever that will be nearly impossible to replicate again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron isn't going to sign for less the max.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

As long as he dates Khloe it's just going to get worse from here on out

Was Reggie Bush the only one to beat the curse? He was dating Kim and even proposed to her when the Saints won the Super Bowl. Of course, they broke up shortly after because she said "no"...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cause there ain't nothin that prime Bush couldn't evade

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

reggie bush was not very good so

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

reggie bush was not very good so

He was a key player on the Saints team that won the Super Bowl.

The Saints.

Super Bowl.

Saints.

'Aints.

The Saints.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
These guys:

won a Super Bowl with Bush as a top player.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
:rip: local Schwegmann's Grocery Stores. :(

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

RaySmuckles posted:

the players union doesn't want to see max level players sacrificing money because then teams will pressure other stars to take less money, devaluing players' worth. at least, i think i remember that being a thing.

If the union didn't want max players taking less than their worth than they should not have a max contract. I don't see why the union, which has capped salaries so that the middle of the union makes more money, would give a poo poo if some guy voluntarily takes less.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kibner posted:

He was a key player on the Saints team that won the Super Bowl.

The Saints.

Super Bowl.

Saints.

'Aints.

The Saints.

he was outperformed by 2 different undrafted free agents. in that one year. several more undrafted free agents/late round running backs took his spot too. he was Not Good for the saints

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Cavs going to sweep the next 4 games and win the Championship quote this if you're down.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

he was outperformed by 2 different undrafted free agents. in that one year. several more undrafted free agents/late round running backs took his spot too. he was Not Good for the saints

He was very important for how his presence affected opposing defenses defended the offense.

----

I don't think LeBron will be able to play a big PG when he loses his athleticism. The league is in a different place now and he won't be able to even threaten PGs defensively. He would struggle with most SGs, too. He would basically be defending SFs primarily and would have to be in a system where defenses don't switch as much, which might be a rarity that many years in the future.

e: and I don't see him agreeing to come off the bench in a sixth man kind of role

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron could play as a pf for a long rear end time if he wanted. even slow lebron being a rim runner off pnrs would be terrifying

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Cavs going to sweep the next 4 games and win the Championship quote this if you're down.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron could play as a pf for a long rear end time if he wanted. even slow lebron being a rim runner off pnrs would be terrifying

The worry there is being on a switching defense and him being more prone to injury going against those bigger players.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kibner posted:

The worry there is being on a switching defense and him being more prone to injury going against those bigger players.

hes one of the most durable players of all time and has been playing meaningful minutes as a pf for a ton of years? why would he be more injury prone than any other bigman

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

I don't know why you'd want him defending opposing PGs then.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

hes one of the most durable players of all time and has been playing meaningful minutes as a pf for a ton of years? why would he be more injury prone than any other bigman

Because we are talking about when he gets old enough to lose his athleticism. Age takes away durability, like Karl Malone.

Lockback posted:

I don't know why you'd want him defending opposing PGs then.

I don't. See my previous post:

Kibner posted:

I don't think LeBron will be able to play a big PG when he loses his athleticism. The league is in a different place now and he won't be able to even threaten PGs defensively. He would struggle with most SGs, too. He would basically be defending SFs primarily and would have to be in a system where defenses don't switch as much, which might be a rarity that many years in the future.

e: and I don't see him agreeing to come off the bench in a sixth man kind of role

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

He did and he has said he should not have done it .

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

Retroactively reinstate his Heisman, then strip it from him and give it to Vince, imo.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/873176499209109504

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kibner posted:

Because we are talking about when he gets old enough to lose his athleticism. Age takes away durability, like Karl Malone.

i mean,not necessarily no? do you think there are no old bigmen?

its a hypothetical so its kinda pointless but i dont understand the assertion that its impossible for lebron to play as a 4 cause he would get injured of all things. in this hypothetical i guess he becomes as fragile as yao and as slow as enes kanter which is a really really weird place to slot him. its far more likely hes going to remain pretty agile and fast into his 40s he just wont be quite so dominant as now.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cyborgs don't break down with proper maintenance, idiots

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

Retroactively reinstate his Heisman, then strip it from him and give it to Vince, imo.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/873176499209109504

Boston homerism put to the side, the Heat does not seem like the greatest place for a player who would only leave his team to try to get to the finals

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kibner posted:

Oh whoops, I thought that was a counter-comment. Yeah, I agree with you, but I do think there may be a couple years where he won't have the athleticism to guard the Wing, but would still be fine against most 4s. But it's Lebron so who knows, I thought he'd be slowing down way more by now.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean,not necessarily no? do you think there are no old bigmen?

its a hypothetical so its kinda pointless but i dont understand the assertion that its impossible for lebron to play as a 4 cause he would get injured of all things. in this hypothetical i guess he becomes as fragile as yao and as slow as enes kanter which is a really really weird place to slot him. its far more likely hes going to remain pretty agile and fast into his 40s he just wont be quite so dominant as now.

Not impossible but it would lead to a greater probability of injury. It wouldn't guarantee injury, but would increase the risk, imo. I think he would still be best guarding SFs in most matchups as he gets older.

His defense will be the first thing to fall off as he ages and the more he slides down in position, the more that lesser defense affects the team.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Oh whoops, I thought that was a counter-comment. Yeah, I agree with you, but I do think there may be a couple years where he won't have the athleticism to guard the Wing, but would still be fine against most 4s. But it's Lebron so who knows, I thought he'd be slowing down way more by now.

Same.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Boston homerism put to the side, the Heat does not seem like the greatest place for a player who would only leave his team to try to get to the finals

Is Utah for sure offering a max?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kevin Love for White LeBron, who says no?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Is Utah for sure offering a max?

I don't see any other option. He makes their offense work and is a very underrated playmaker. They'd be pretty lost without him. If he made all-NBA I'm sure they'd have tried to SuperMax

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I hope Utah gets to keep him they're building a pretty good team. They just need to give the name back to NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kibner posted:

Not impossible but it would lead to a greater probability of injury. It wouldn't guarantee injury, but would increase the risk, imo. I think he would still be best guarding SFs in most matchups as he gets older.

His defense will be the first thing to fall off as he ages and the more he slides down in position, the more that lesser defense affects the team.

theres two sides of the court and his floor on offense is draymond green. dismissing it out of hand with something as spurious as injury concerns is weird. and i think you drastically overestimate how slow age makes you. paul pierce right now is agile enough to play the 4 idk how you could think lebron wouldnt be

• Locked thread