Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I dunno, Allan MacNish gives Hindy a run for his money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

orange juche posted:

Why the gently caress would they ban the race? The racers race for the prestige of running in the race. They know the risks, and so do the fans and the families of the racers.

They are all too aware of exactly what they're signing up for, and that it's a roll of the dice every time they get on that bike and go through the starting gate.

Also, it's not like auto racing where a fatal crash happens and you can identify a new safety item or procedure that you can implement that will save further lives.

You wipe out @ 170 on a bike and that's kinda it.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

orange juche posted:

In more misc racing news, the isle of man TT is this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZXaUwYoog

Enjoy a ride through a 140mph superbike crash, poo poo is :stonk:

Over an hour and a half later when they interview him he's still not composed because he was convinced he was dead.

Seeing Guy Martin of all people as shaken up as he is in that interview is weird and unsettling :smith:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

It's hard to beat the legend that is Paul Truswell though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

jammyozzy posted:

The WEC stream + Radio Le Mans is the only satisfactory way to watch. :colbert:

In cars and pit are better at night

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Night in-cars?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6MnfMfD00w

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wait so the WEC stream doesn't have radio lemans audio anymore? I know hindy wasn't at the Spa 6hrs, but i'm pretty sure some of the RLM people were on the WEC feed? Thought it was just because they now cover so many events nowadays.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

geonetix posted:

It's hard to beat the legend that is Paul Truswell though.

Graham Goodwin has a pretty good brain for the weird facts and figures, though. I'll still probably synch up with RLM though.

MacNish gives great perspective on the racer's point of view though.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Wait so the WEC stream doesn't have radio lemans audio anymore? I know hindy wasn't at the Spa 6hrs, but i'm pretty sure some of the RLM people were on the WEC feed? Thought it was just because they now cover so many events nowadays.

The WEC have taken it in house this year and RLM have some issue with one of the networks or websites the WEC have partnered up with (I think Motorsport.com) with so they're just doing radio now.

The Eurosport player gives you an ad-free, commentary-free feed which is great for syncing to the RLM audio.

Xisticide fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 7, 2017

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

I remember the first time they had HD cameras in the cars. I must have watched hours of on-board night video.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Graham Goodwin has a pretty good brain for the weird facts and figures, though. I'll still probably synch up with RLM though.

MacNish gives great perspective on the racer's point of view though.

You're right. In general all the contributors to RLM are really good and skilled people

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For UK viewers, Quest are also showing some of the race. Usually in 2-3 segments with regular programming in between. It's part of the standard Sky and Virgin packages.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
TT death count up to 2 now. Van den Hoek, 28 year old Dutchman, died today.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rebellion Racing are branding their car as a Vaillante for Le Mans. It is to do with the 60th anniversary of the Michel Vaillant comic book.
Wish I could get framable prints of those album covers...

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 7, 2017

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Wirth1000 posted:

TT death count up to 2 now. Van den Hoek, 28 year old Dutchman, died today.

Now 3, Alan Bonner, 33.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bad luck Alan.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

geonetix posted:

You're right. In general all the contributors to RLM are really good and skilled people

except Rich Evans, he's an incompetent buffoon

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Hello, Allan

"Hello, Collective"

Yeah I'll probably mix the app and RLM. Looking forward to it!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

VikingSkull posted:

except Rich Evans, he's an incompetent buffoon

:scotland: I can't believe I've got AAAAAIIIIIIIIDS, lads!

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
I guess a lot of rally fans are busy playing Dirt 4 or watching other events, but Rally Sardinia is currently ongoing. A rough and dusty dirt rally that markes the half-point of the season.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/livecenter/page/4175----.html

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dirt 4 is really good btw

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Norns posted:

It really is. I need a break every now and then though.

Kris Meeke keeps doing his thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0buknXDwOc
Cool to see Mikkelsen back in a WRC car though.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

dsriggs posted:

:scotland: I can't believe I've got AAAAAIIIIIIIIDS, lads!

ooooohhhhh myyyyyy gooooooooood what happened to your front fascia?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Norns posted:

I got Dirt 3 for legit-free a while back and now I'm tempted to get Dirt Rally or Dirt 4 at some point, however I'm cheap so I'll just wait until they're eventually $5 or something.

I don't have the time to play terrestrial racing games anyhow. I've been playing a lot of this lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0rfeZ5qcM

(AG racing is Misc. Racing)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dirt 1 is still worth playing, it's way the hell better than 2 or 3 were. give it a look if you want a really good, cheap rally game

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Who all here has Project Cars? Would there be interest in a friendly time trial around the 24h circuit before the race?

If so, what class would you want to do: GTE (as shoehorned in the GT3 class in Pcars), LMP2, LMP1, all 3?

I'm partial to P2's in that game, mostly because I suck at wrangling the P1's just yet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
GRID was the best of Codemasters recent games, I love any racing game that encourages you to race like a dipshit and wreck people.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

GRID was the best of Codemasters recent games, I love any racing game that encourages you to race like a dipshit and wreck people.

Need For Speed: Shift wasn't particularly good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Codemasters have been good again for a while. Dirt Rally, f1 2016, dirt 4.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Who all here has Project Cars? Would there be interest in a friendly time trial around the 24h circuit before the race?

If so, what class would you want to do: GTE (as shoehorned in the GT3 class in Pcars), LMP2, LMP1, all 3?

I'm partial to P2's in that game, mostly because I suck at wrangling the P1's just yet.

It's on firesale right now, you can get it for :10bux: or get all the DLC and the game for :20bux:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

LMP2 sounds good

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Grid autosport was fun too even if I'm like the only person who played it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Codemasters games have long been really fun racing games. Not so good as driving games, but they always knew how to replicate the sensation of battling against/forcing your way through a field full of cars. Newer games are starting to nail the driving experience, though.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

gently caress now I have to set up my wheel again since I installed Windows 10 since I've played last...

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Basticle posted:

gently caress now I have to set up my wheel again since I installed Windows 10 since I've played last...

If it's older Logitech, you should be fine. Can't speak for any other equipment, but my Driving Force GT worked even on the release candidates. It uses the old driver set, though.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Its not the drivers its all the bullshit sensitivity settings and in-game wheel poo poo.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Best I've managed so far is a 3:51.xxx Alpine A450 because I'm a shameful driver and I ruined the setup of the car by loving with the suspension too much. I had a solid 3:46 run going and I spun coming out of the last chicane because I'm a retard and didn't have traction control on. Records in the driver network are in the 3:30's for the A450

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The Berlin FE track is pretty fun. I love the tenttunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I like this poster

• Locked thread