Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sylvanas guarantees huge returns on whatever map push objective your team scores. She makes bosses, publishers, immortals, etc. terrifying. Sylvanas should always push with the rest of her team and virtually never be alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Azmodan is in every game ever and I hate him so much, he has so much HP and his laser does so much damage, and he can dunk on you while you drink from the fountain, how do I outpush/ruin Azmodan.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To outdunk Azmodan

You must become Azmodan

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Oh God.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Infinitum posted:

To outdunk Azmodan

You must become Azmodan

Warning: becoming Azmodan may result in weight gain, exaggerated feelings of importance, and bouts of maniacal laughter.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Sylvahness

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I feel if you unlock the Azmodunk skin via lootboxes, you're now legally obligated to play Azmodunk

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

I feel if you unlock the Azmodunk skin via lootboxes, you're now legally obligated to play Azmodunk

This is correct.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Infinitum posted:

Confirmed.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Anyone have general advice for Battlefield of Eternity? Compared to most maps my winrate there is pretty abysmal. I've played it less than the others this season (hadn't played in a year pre-2.0) but it still seems out of line. I tend to jump between roles but my strongest/most played role is warrior. Always love Diablo but have been having a lot of success/tons of fun as Tyreal lately. I'll pretty much pick any hero if I feel like it though.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Infinitum posted:

Seeing someone with the Azmodunk skin go E build is more infuriating that 10000 Nova mains.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Spudd posted:

I saw someone with a level 70+ Azmodan account, over 1k games played with him.

They were loving awful.

I have a 70 Abathur, Azmodan, and (almost) Tychus. And my mom usually tells me that I'm loving awful. It could have been me.

Did they talk about Goku at all?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alakaiser posted:

Anyone have general advice for Battlefield of Eternity? Compared to most maps my winrate there is pretty abysmal. I've played it less than the others this season (hadn't played in a year pre-2.0) but it still seems out of line. I tend to jump between roles but my strongest/most played role is warrior. Always love Diablo but have been having a lot of success/tons of fun as Tyreal lately. I'll pretty much pick any hero if I feel like it though.

You need to identify your team's strength. Do you win a damage race if you both just hit the objective? Focus on bursting down the immortal. If you have one really good sustained damage like vallah or Sonya then the other four can run interference. Otherwise you have to win a teamfight at your immortal. Try to not teamfight at the enemy immortal. If you have a pusher you can have them bop forts while you waste time instead of the immortal. But robo gaz messes up the immortal so it's usually right to focus on objective. Try to get mercs when he objective starts. Immortal fights are usually very long

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What if my teams strength is not cooperating when we're going 1 healer vs 2 in QM?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Well you try to do the right thing and maybe they'll follow. Ping defense or offense. If you can Merc so it during the objective timer

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Spudd posted:

Sylvahness

Sylvia is mean to me

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Infinitum posted:

It's why I started playing him!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lprsti99 posted:

Play Artanis, there's no such thing as overcommitting because as soon as you try to run away you're dead as hell. Glory or death, every fight.

Also he wrecks fools like wow.

I've tried him out and I like him too! But he's a warrior, which I'm ok with. Assassins are the ones I totally suck as. Fortunately I picked the Warrior bundle so my roster is good but I need to diversify if I want to ever play ranked.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tender Bender posted:

I've tried him out and I like him too! But he's a warrior, which I'm ok with. Assassins are the ones I totally suck as. Fortunately I picked the Warrior bundle so my roster is good but I need to diversify if I want to ever play ranked.

No. Play Murky

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Macaluso posted:

No. Play Murky

I don't have murky :(

I really like Gul'dan from what I've played during this free week, should I buy him with gold? How often do dudes go on sale?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tender Bender posted:

I don't have murky :(

I really like Gul'dan from what I've played during this free week, should I buy him with gold? How often do dudes go on sale?

2 dudes on sale each week. Given 66 heroes, if they spread them equally, that would be every 8 months (they don't spread them equally).

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Raynor's not that strong but he's the safest assassin generally. There's also orb build Li Ming. I'm assuming your problem is that you blow the gently caress up.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I have a 70 Abathur, Azmodan, and (almost) Tychus. And my mom usually tells me that I'm loving awful. It could have been me.

Did they talk about Goku at all?

Nah no one talked in that game, unfortunately. That's why I thought it was a bot account.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Raynor's not that strong but he's the safest assassin generally. There's also orb build Li Ming. I'm assuming your problem is that you blow the gently caress up.

I feel like Raynor is best in 5v5 clusterfuck Assassin games because you go full on Q build and the other team dunno what the gently caress to do. How often to you go against a non-right click spec'd Jimmy?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah, if I ever commit to try to kill someone I get murdered. I seem to have a knack for getting into a position where the enemy team can collapse on me. I'll try Raynor, I actually have him because of Recruit a friend but haven't tried him.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

If you don't know when to take risks with squishy ranged autoattackers, just stay behind your frontline at all times and rightclick whatever is in range, even if it's the full HP Diablo. Ignore the people who keep whining about focusing the healer or whatnot, putting a steady pressure on their frontline is something Raynor is good at and it's way better than getting hosed trying to get to the KT 3 miles away. You'll learn to take risks and go on their backline as you get more experience, your priority should be to just autoattack all the time, even if it isn't the target you want.

Also don't hesitate to pick some survivability at level 1, Give me more is a really good talent.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Spudd posted:

I feel like Raynor is best in 5v5 clusterfuck Assassin games because you go full on Q build and the other team dunno what the gently caress to do. How often to you go against a non-right click spec'd Jimmy?

His right click talents have 90%+ popularity on hots logs. His talents are a bit of a mess if you ask me. Though I was considering experimenting with his builds. Wraiths as an anti mage skill is overlooked, and he's decent at dealing with divers. He's like an anti assassin assassin

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Eraflure posted:

If you don't know when to take risks with squishy ranged autoattackers, just stay behind your frontline at all times and rightclick whatever is in range, even if it's the full HP Diablo. Ignore the people who keep whining about focusing the healer or whatnot, putting a steady pressure on their frontline is something Raynor is good at and it's way better than getting hosed trying to get to the KT 3 miles away. You'll learn to take risks and go on their backline as you get more experience, your priority should be to just autoattack all the time, even if it isn't the target you want.

Also don't hesitate to pick some survivability at level 1, Give me more is a really good talent.

This makes sense. Any advice for melee assassins who can't pressure from the back, or are they more advanced?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Ragnaros is a decent pick for a melee/range hybrid assassin

If the enemy team is a lot of range just go full meteor build which causes them to move position or else eat an entire meteor

Melee heavy teams go hammer for sustain.

Just watch out as you have no escapes other than a slight speed boost blastwave if you talent for that.

Also never choose lava wave, always his hammer toss, the stun is amazing in team fights and does a huge amount of damage on direct hit.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah but lava wave is cooler because you can yell like Rag over voice comms saying "surfs up"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

A perfect Sulfuras Smash can be devastating but imo Lava Wave is usually the better choice in QM, especially on larger maps

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Meteor build is trash garbage from a butt. Bruiser melee assassins like rag and thrall are easier than swift divers like greymane. But it's all about threat assessment. It's why they're hard to pick up early because you don't know how dangerous everyone is yet.
As general advice wait until the fight is started by warriors then go in. After the mage blows their cool downs or just when people are looking at the muradin throwing hammers in the middle of their poo poo. Assassins are rarely initiators in an even fight. So you need to follow the lead of warriors and take the openings made.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Fellatio del Toro posted:

A perfect Sulfuras Smash can be devastating but imo Lava Wave is usually the better choice in QM, especially on larger maps

You should always pick Sulfuras Smash no matter what. Better to get one sweet smash than win the game

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Lava wave is maybe alright on hollow. But even then a smash could just win you the fight for tribute. Maybe Shire where a lot of action is inside the lanes. It does great damage if anyone is dumb enough to get caught.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Lava Wave is very good on Blackheart's, Garden, and that single-lane ARAM Brawl.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Let's not rip on Lava Wave too much without remembering it's true form, Release Lava Wave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCmF-jgh4c

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Turtlicious posted:

Azmodan is in every game ever and I hate him so much, he has so much HP and his laser does so much damage, and he can dunk on you while you drink from the fountain, how do I outpush/ruin Azmodan.

Nazeebo or Kael'thas. Azmodan gets progressively stronger the longer he has his laser on you, so you want to favor characters that don't have to maintain a constant presence. Nazeebo and Kael'thas are "fire and forget" heroes that don't need to remain exposed to deal their damage, they can just cast and walk away. Kael is a little more fragile than Nazeebo, but Kael has a stun available to cancel Azmodan's laser in a pinch. Other tips are to generally avoid standing in your minion waves - Azmodans love it when people do that, because they can throw an orb at the wave and hit the wave along with their lane enemy. Make them choose between pushing and poking and try to bait out their orb by wandering close to the minion wave (but not too close).

Also, remember that Azmodan has no escape, so once you poke him down a bit, call for a gank. A lot of Azmodans overestimate how much health they have once they're at 50% or less.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

roadkilling people with d va owns, owns, owns

KLUNK

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Some folks are reporting that the brawl is kicking people in-between rounds when they're picking their next hero.

Y'know, like the same thing that happened two weeks ago

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

But even then a smash could just win you the fight for tribute.

If the smash lands, and your team is following up. Being a level or 2 up (or not being a level or 2 down) from all the exp consistently timed and good waves can gobble up is overlooked a lot.

Guys, remember the context here was a dude just trying to figure out the game, at his tier of play just not falling behind or staying ahead is the biggest advantage over wombo combo team wipes. I'd rather someone know how to use a suboptimal build or hero and do a serviceable job than cling to build orthodoxy and grab 'the correct' choice of character or build and flail.

Like I completely agree that smash is where a lot of rag's teamfight utility comes from but it's just hyperbole to say

Fried Watermelon posted:

never choose lava wave, always his hammer toss, the stun is amazing in team fights and does a huge amount of damage on direct hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

You're right. But it's also important for him to eventually learn to aim stuff like that. He should try out both because there is a time and place for lava wave even when you're not new and poo poo.
Builds form for a reason but it's important to question them too. Everyone takes nitro for dva and I think that talent is poo poo. It's most important to strengthen the way you play the hero