Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Is it even illegal to "leak" a personal recollection of a conversation that wasn't classified?

It is not illegal at all. Trump just going apeshit because he heard his favorite word "leak"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Secret recording reveals GOP lawmaker freaking out about ‘going down with the ship’ for Trump

quote:

“It’s basically being taken out on me,” she said of Trump’s erratic behavior. “Any Republican member of Congress, you are going down with the ship. And we’re going to hand the gavel to Pelosi in 2018, they only need 28 seats and the path to that gavel being handed over is through my seat. And right now, it doesn’t matter that it’s me, it doesn’t matter what I’ve done. I have an ‘R’ next to my name and right now, this environment would have me not prevail.”

McSally then complained that liberal activists were completely tying her to Trump, thus making it impossible for her to tout her own independent record as a member of Congress.

“The environment has changed and some of it changed on January 20,” she said. “There’s just an element out there that’s just, like, so against the president. Like they just can’t see straight. And all of a sudden on January 20, I’m like his twin sister to them. And I’m, like, responsible for everything he does, and tweets and says. And they want me to be spending my time as a pundit. ‘I disagree with that. I agree with this.’ I have a job in the legislature!”

:boom:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Plavski posted:

you can't put Trump under oath ever at any time

perjury is a thing

Yeah that's the idea :getin:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Homestar Runner posted:

I CAN FEEL IT COMEY IN THE AIR TONIGHT

OH ORB

*Drumpf​ Drumpf Drumpf Drumpf Drumpf PISS*

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Knight posted:

As a general rule, you should never let your client speak under oath if you can help it. Even if they're an experienced lawyer, things could be misinterpreted, they could gently caress up, or maybe lie when it is otherwise something they don't do. That's just how you minimize risk.

This is more important if your client is the President and probably a death sentence if he's Donald Trump.

That's why you gotta ask him directly if he'll do it. If you ask Trump himself, he'll say gently caress yes of course I'll speak under oath get me a goddamn bible or whatever right the gently caress now

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Sorry about someone unloading a garbage truck in the oval office but thanks for the lols

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

Just a lol-minder that Trump went to several top law firms for representation and they all declined to represent him because "he doesn't listen and he doesn't pay" so he's stuck with "Predisent" Lawyer

Top Law Firms Reportedly Declined to Represent Trump in Russia Investigation
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2017/06/06/top-law-firms-reportedly-declined-represent-trump-russia-investigation/102557188/

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

1redflag posted:

The Drumpf poo poo is by far the worst thing to come from this presidency.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

She doesn't have time to write press releases? If only there were some kind of common unpaid position in Congress where people do that for free. :thunk:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

So can the president be brought in to testify the same way Comey did yesterday to get his side of the story under oath?

Serious answer: congress can subpoena him but Trump as president can refuse.

Trump is far too stupid to refuse, though. Just tell him it will be on television and he'll offer to testify twice.

Is it even illegal to "leak" a personal recollection of a conversation that wasn't classified?

Nope. Not even remotely. This does not prevent Trump from pushing for a prosecution (as he's apparently doing) or Session going along with it. They'll be laughed out of court and smacked down harder than Melania when Trump gets a bit of bad news, but they can try.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
"I'm the president of the United states and I'm going to sue the former director of the fbi, because he said mean things about me in a room full of white guys."

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tao of lmao posted:

The Drumpf poo poo is by far the worst thing to come from this presidency.

There's so many jokes to make, yet they just repeat the same 3 or 4 things over and over

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

he leaked his own opening statement for a public hearing. u know, highly classified stuff

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

my new dog posted:

he leaked his own opening statement for a public hearing. u know, highly classified stuff

Leaked it right onto Congress's own website! Can you get any more shameless than that?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

There's so many jokes to make, yet they just repeat the same 3 or 4 things over and over

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

*Ahem* Donald Trump is president :dance:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lol that the Repubs have spent decades catering to the "retarded" demographic and are upset that it's working against them.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Random Stranger posted:

Leaked it right onto Congress's own website! Can you get any more shameless than that?

thats bordering on publishing!! how dare he

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

And they want me to be spending my time as a pundit. ‘I disagree with that. I agree with this.’ I have a job in the legislature!”

I mean , really , why do voted representatives need to answer questions of those that voted for them?

The nerve!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Waaah I helped elect an imbecile to the highest office in the country and now I'm taking the blame for it

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

uhoh someone just leaked a video of donny tweeting

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Confirmed, which loving goon is Eric?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

1redflag posted:

:five:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

uhoh someone just leaked a video of donny tweeting

More like

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

When the victim demands LOYALTY and doesn't get LOYALTY, yes it is

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo, CNN just pushed out an article on how to get blocked by the POTUS on Twitter.

This is real life.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo, CNN just pushed out an article on how to get blocked by the POTUS on Twitter.

This is real life.

Allahu ackbar. God is great

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

ElGroucho posted:

Pretty sure daddy drumpfi didn't give him 10 bucks to sign up.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Multilake posted:

Pretty sure daddy drumpfi didn't give him 10 bucks to sign up.

Could only get a small loan of 3*mumble* dollars

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

ElGroucho posted:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

This is real life.
Don't need CNN for that. Just request that he suck your dick and inform him of his status as a fuckman and you get blocked.
Funny thing is that I was unblocked a couple of months ago so I tweeted it at him again and got blocked a second time. lol

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Would telling Donald Junie Trump to suck your dick be considered a malicious threat and therefore subject to getting your life ruined by the Secret Service?

Asking for... a friend...

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Probably but IDGAF since I'm not American.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lodin posted:

Probably but IDGAF since I'm not American.

Lol if you think that will protect you

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Lol if you think that will protect you

'Lol' isn't a word.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lodin posted:

Dumpey hardly saw any of the hearing because the staff was constantly forcing him to do boring presidential poo poo. lol
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/aid...hvHKkGE.twitter

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:orb:

:orb:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Grevling posted:

Donald Trump's grandfather made it big on whore houses and screwing his business partners, and his father on lovely apartments for poors. Woody Guthrie even wrote a song about him.

What I'm saying is, it's no wonder Trump has no taste. Also the shine of gold reminds him of his favourite liquid.

And Jackie Chan is a PRC shill, gently caress him.

Lol, Trump thinks he has a genetic predisposition towards success that no one else does. All he really inherited was a an insane willingness to screw over anyone and everyone for a dollar.

Like even now as president, if he were to do a tour of diners in the midwest, I could see him swiping a tip off a table at least once.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My Trump supporting coworker was saying last night that the main takeaway from the Comey testimony is that Comey leaked secret government information, which is treason and can be punished by death. So which conservative media person gave him this idea?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

My Trump supporting coworker was saying last night that the main takeaway from the Comey testimony is that Comey leaked secret government information, which is treason and can be punished by death. So which conservative media person gave him this idea?

all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

All of them

E: gently caress :argh: