Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Internet communities used to be mailing lists and newsgroups. Then they became forums. Now they're social networks -- tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc. The form changes, and with it the dynamics; because going on to check the new posts on the Whatever Messageboard isn't the same thing as receiving notifications about status updates on the Whatever Page mixed in with your aunt's latest cat pictures and your grandpa's latest racist rant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
We are the it hurties and my it hurts Persona is

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hurtsona

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hi, I found this thread and read through the whole comic in one night.

Good times. I'm interested in the comic's overarching theme of depression, especially with regards to the ending: Pasq literally becomes another person in order to escape who he is. I'd almost wager a guess that the entire comic can be read as an allegory for gender transition, and the depression that often accompanies it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

T-man posted:

Good times. I'm interested in the comic's overarching theme of depression, especially with regards to the ending: Pasq literally becomes another person in order to escape who he is. I'd almost wager a guess that the entire comic can be read as an allegory for gender transition, and the depression that often accompanies it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Naff off, Motherfucker, I think it's a bit of a stretch but if that's what they take from it there's nothing wrong with that. No need to be a poo poo about it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Dabir posted:

Naff off, Motherfucker, I think it's a bit of a stretch but if that's what they take from it there's nothing wrong with that. No need to be a poo poo about it.

The words your looking for are 'mental gymnastics'

edit:

And lets not even get into the fact that a guy with an SU avatar brought up identity politics from nowhere, if there was a goon shitposting bingo card that'd be on it.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 6, 2017

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

The words your looking for are 'mental gymnastics'

edit:

And lets not even get into the fact that a guy with an SU avatar brought up identity politics from nowhere, if there was a goon shitposting bingo card that'd be on it.

whoa friend. I don't think Pasqualo, self-avowed feminist, would approve of you treating "identity politics" with such disdain.

That said it is a bit of an odd interpretation what with pasqualo recounting charlotte's web in the ending dialogue.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

whoa friend. I don't think Pasqualo, self-avowed feminist, would approve of you treating "identity politics" with such disdain.

That said it is a bit of an odd interpretation what with pasqualo recounting charlotte's web in the ending dialogue.

I don't take it with disdain but if you think I don't take posting seriously you're fuckin' dead wrong buster.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So does this Pasq still exist in the old universe, or did he cease to be with the creation of the new one?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

T-man posted:

I'm pretty sure Pasqualo didn't become Aurora, he just put Aurora in his place and removed himself from the new world.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
found this:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
You know what? When you balance all of the comics before and after and the lovely cons and the ego and everything else against the hilarity that has come of Loss and its edits, Tim Buckley is a net force for good in this world. I approve of him, and I'm glad he made his lovely hack webcomic.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

found this:

Beautiful.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
That was a good job, Gob.

Thanks for the read.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/06/13/webcomic-fans-rejoice-library-of-congress-is-launching-a-new-archive-for-you/

You know what must be done

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I fell out of this comic somewhere around Pasqualo's birthday party and just wound up reading through the entire rest of it in one night.

That was a hell of a read. If I had one itsy-bitsy teensy-weensy gripe, it'd be that I wish we could've seen Katie one more time since the last time we saw her was a Major Cocksucking Bummer, but given Pasqualo got replaced by Aurora, that relationship might've been completely different anyway.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm sure she'd have been different as well since Pasqualo's apocalypse wasn't going to happen.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm sure she'd have been different as well since Pasqualo's apocalypse wasn't going to happen.

Yeah, wouldn't she just be a paranoid conspiracy theorist instead of a correct, paranoid conspiracy theorist?

E: Though I guess the Space Rhino apocalypse is still on the table.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 26, 2017

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wouldn't rule out the apocalypse happening the same way, honestly. Aurora was dropped into the same life Pasqualo had, and without the one person that gave her life joy and meaning. What's to say she wouldn't pray for something to make her happy? And, well, there is really only one form that could take.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Mordja posted:

Yeah, wouldn't she just be a paranoid conspiracy theorist instead of a correct, paranoid conspiracy theorist?

It stands to reason she only believed in zombies and cyborgs and the apocalypse because they actually existed, so she wouldn't be a conspiracy theorist in the new timeline. Maybe a badass investigative journalist.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Mordja posted:

Katie sans apocalypse:
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=271-off-on-the-wrong-foot

I want to thank you all once more for all your kindness and support over the years.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Gobolatula posted:

Katie sans apocalypse:

I want to thank you all once more for all your kindness and support over the years.

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gobolatula posted:

Katie sans apocalypse:

I can't believe I forgot. Gob covers all the bases, as per usual.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
You're a good guy gobolatula

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gobolatula posted:

Katie sans apocalypse:

Please write Cheese Forgive Me

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Gobolatula posted:

Katie sans apocalypse:

I wasn't ready

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

Katie sans apocalypse:

So in the new timeline Katie writes children's books, and also eventually marries Aurora.

That last part might not be canon, but it's canon in my heart.

Also, I plan on giving you much more kindness and support in the future, thank you for writing such a good comic.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
So going back through random strips, looks like Maddie had it right all along:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=425-come-on-in

Thanks for the awesome comic Gob!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Three hundred strips for a My Little Pony joke, my God :psyduck: :hf: :ranbowdash:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Hey Gob, is there a date on Volume 3?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hey Gob, is there a date on Volume 3?

Not yet. I'm sorry. Though I JUST finished the extra bonus comic and also finished exporting the whole series into bigger size for the books. Looks like there'll be 6 total! Right now I'm kinda bouncing back and forth between small creative projects.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I realized after I posted that it sounded more accusatory than I meant :shobon:

I will throw money at you, just let me know when!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I realized after I posted that it sounded more accusatory than I meant :shobon:

I will throw money at you, just let me know when!

I'll go ahead and threaten to throw money at you too, Gob. I want a full set of It Hurts! books with drawings in them.

I suppose I'll have to think about suggestions for what to draw.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Weird Sandwich posted:

So going back through random strips, looks like Maddie had it right all along:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=425-come-on-in

Thanks for the awesome comic Gob!

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=132-you-were-right

I like how moments like this keep happening.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
The infinitely better one: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=151-metal-shop-part-4

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
This is technically the It Hurts! thread, but there should probably be an Erik the Juiceman thread, look at this cool poo poo that Gob just brought back from the dead.

http://gobolatula.com/etjm/?comic=297-the-dark-castle-saga-chapter-13%08

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I fully support letting this thread be the unofficial Erik the Juiceman thread for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

readingatwork posted:

I fully support letting this thread be the unofficial Erik the Juiceman thread for a while.

Yeah, that's the best way to go about giving EtJm some sweet goon exposure .

• Locked thread