Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Which is the biggest 2nd round waste:

Hackenberg?

Aguayo?

Brock trade?

$10m in cap space is far more valuable than either of those other two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not really the same scale but remember when Josh McDaniels traded next year's first to draft Alphonso Smith and then the Seahawks used that pick to draft Earl Thomas?

Alphonso Smith got firesold to the Lions like a year or two later, and then he had just a horrific performance:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c686a5/Patriots-vs-Lions-highlights

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
trigger warning please

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Edelman signed a 2 year $11m extension that gives him $9m guaranteed. So counting this year of his deal, 3 years, $15m.

Or what Tavon Austin is making this year alone.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Not really the same scale but remember when Josh McDaniels traded next year's first to draft Alphonso Smith and then the Seahawks used that pick to draft Earl Thomas?

Alphonso Smith got firesold to the Lions like a year or two later, and then he had just a horrific performance:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c686a5/Patriots-vs-Lions-highlights

It gave us this, so worth it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I saw a training camp report the other day that had all the Jets QB's being really terrible against air, but didn't think much of it.

But man, Hackenburg is probably just gonna get cut.

He's gonna single handedly get Mccagnin fired... Which would be justified.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/872978087780040704

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guarantee that Herschel Walker TD was the loudest Atlanta crowd in history.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The difference in announcers between Walker's and Johnson's runs is stark

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

whypick1 posted:

The difference in announcers between Walker's and Johnson's runs is stark

(Youngish) Al Michaels vs (Probably drunk) Pat Summerall.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh, the halcyon days when Jamaal Charles had two functioning knees. Instead of, like, whatever you get when you put a knee in a blender set to puree :rip:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Having both Bo's speed and power should require some sort of license

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Never realized Herschel Walker and ADP have that same hitch in their run.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Chris Johnson was cool

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

fartknocker posted:

(Youngish) Al Michaels vs (Probably drunk) Pat Summerall.

Herschel and CJ2K (with Gus Johnson), not Bo and Herschel.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just retire

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I know he was declared not competent to stand trial but care to elaborate? I'm genuinely curious.

I can't go into too much detail about how I know, I worked with him and some of his family in a program for people that make big mistakes here in Fort Wayne when he was still at IU.

The kid was being pulled in 100 different directions, big family, baby momma, all telling him what to do.

Then he started hearing voices and poo poo. Probably manic depressive at best, maybe schizophrenic. It got worse whenever he fought with the baby momma or as he was getting ready to head back to IU. I don't think he ever really loved football, basketball was more his thing and the pressure to live up to his potential in football really wore on him. He loved being part of a team though, I never saw him after he made it to the NFL, but I heard he didn't deal well with having it all come to an end.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

smh

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Involuntary smh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

This reminds me that CJ2k hit 2000 yards eight loving years ago.

We're getting old y'all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just follow Eugene Monroe into weedville

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
concussions lol smdh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Perhaps he could try rubbing some dirt on it and being a man

Nov 6, 2002

Maybe he should check his bank account and stop complaining.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's gonna have Griffey's brain tonic gigantism by training camp.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Maybe he should check his bank account and stop complaining.

You don't see me complaining on instagram when I have a headache at work! :rolleyes:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don't understand
All he has to do is take off his skirt??
Why suffer??

Nov 6, 2002

Pop-in a copy of Road House, see how a real man deals with real problems.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just take CTE and tear its throat out with your hands. Also gratuitous Oher butt shots.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Isn't that CJ2K run where Gus Johnson said he had getting away from cops speed?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIsLrvx-g5o

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

If McCaffrey breaks that run you bet it's getting described as "deceptive speed"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

If McCaffrey breaks that run you bet it's getting described as "deceptive speed"

exactly.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Out of curiosity, I looked at CJ2K's career stats just to see how he compares to RBs that are potential HoFers. After looking at several players, and this is definitely some of the homer in me, but I can't get over just how incredible of a career Frank Gore has had in the NFL. He has 9 seasons of over 1k rushing yards, and his lowest yardage total was his Rookie year with 608 yards. His latest 1k+ season came last year, his 12TH SEASON in the league. Excluding his rookie year, he has had at least 200 rushing attempts in every year of his career which is a testament to his durability at a brutal position, while maintaining a career YPC of 4.4 over the span of nearly 3000 rushing attempts. Are there any other examples of a running back playing at this high of a level for over a decade?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Out of curiosity, I looked at CJ2K's career stats just to see how he compares to RBs that are potential HoFers. After looking at several players, and this is definitely some of the homer in me, but I can't get over just how incredible of a career Frank Gore has had in the NFL. He has 9 seasons of over 1k rushing yards, and his lowest yardage total was his Rookie year with 608 yards. His latest 1k+ season came last year, his 12TH SEASON in the league. Excluding his rookie year, he has had at least 200 rushing attempts in every year of his career which is a testament to his durability at a brutal position, while maintaining a career YPC of 4.4 over the span of nearly 3000 rushing attempts. Are there any other examples of a running back playing at this high of a level for over a decade?

I only saw the later years of Frank Gore (and also when he joined the Eagles on his way to their Ring of Honor) but it always looked like he wasn't the most physically talented back in the league and just somehow caused running lanes to open with his mind.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MrSargent posted:

Frank Gore is great.

Emmitt Smith was like that for a decade.

Oh and Barry Sanders was greater than both of them for a decade.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

Frank Gore is great.

Emmitt Smith was like that for a decade.

Oh and Barry Sanders was greater than both of them for a decade.

Until he quit, like noted loser Calvin Johnson

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Until he quit, like noted loser Calvin Johnson

Losing is learned my friend. And the Lions have been great teachers.

Not as great as the Browns though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm hoping Kareem Hunt is the next Frank Gore, I see similarities.

• Locked thread