Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
But there's no bar anymore. Decorum is dead, welcome to 2017.

seriously Hollis your moralizing is tedious shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
democratic politicians should be swearing like drunken sailors because loving look at who the president is, if they arent screaming mad then theres something wrong with them

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Trabisnikof posted:

Stop using profanity you're keeping the bar down.

Don't mind me, just lamenting those civilized old days of McCain's illegitimate black child.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Hollismason posted:

" Politics should become more circus like " - some loving idiot

Gillibramd may not be lowering the bar but she sure as gently caress is holding it down.

Obama is maybe one of the only people in politics who I can buy as someone who legit never or rarely swears in public.

Everyone else is being fake by biting their tongue and trying to pretend to be someone they are not. Trump proved it was not necessary and could be counterproductive. Normal people swear all the time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know Bernie lost my support when he said at the debates "I'm sick of hearing about this bitch's God drat mother loving E-mails!"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Spun Dog posted:

Don't mind me, just lamenting those civilized old days of McCain's illegitimate black child.

Don't mind me, just lamenting those far off gentlemanly days of decorum when a fist fight breaking out on congress's floor was common enough that a senator being shot wasn't shocking.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

paranoid randroid posted:

democratic politicians should be swearing like drunken sailors because loving look at who the president is, if they arent screaming mad then theres something wrong with them

Now is the time for being loving poo poo-pissed, yes.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Hollismason posted:

" Politics should become more circus like " - some loving idiot

Gillibramd may not be lowering the bar but she sure as gently caress is holding it down.

"Politics should be about pretending to comfort my sensibilities"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Swearing does have negative electoral consequences for Democrats.

They need to bring back the working-class white voters in the Midwest that have left them. Swearing in the Midwest is considered very urban and unappealing to working-class whites.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I know Bernie lost my support when he said at the debates "I'm sick of hearing about this bitch's God drat mother loving E-mails!"

I knew trump was true after he said he hadn't had enough of hillary's emails on his loving trump train

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They need to bring back the working-class white voters in the Midwest that have left them. Swearing in the Midwest is considered very urban and unappealing to working-class whites.

Maybe in the south side of midwest, the north is swearsville USA, which is like Skatetown, USA, but with swears

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Skex posted:

I'm beginning to think that the Russians have dossiers on many key if not most Republican lawmakers and are using that dirt to force them to do everything they can to keep Trump in power.

Because honestly I don't see why they would tie themselves so tightly to the golden orange boat anchor tweeting from the oval office. Pence would more than serve their purposes in fact from the point of view of the GOP he'd be preferable as I suspect that he can actually be coherent at times and shut up when needed.

I blame the Democrats who decided to not take down the GOP over Iran/Contra. If they had done their duty then the Republican party of today wouldn't be the bunch of lunatic traitors of today.

100% those dossiers are The Gay sex.

If regressives weren't regressives they could have made the dossiers semi moot by changing the culture and make being The Gay okay.

Semi moot because brown boys.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
When/where did the notion of Paul Ryan being a policy wonk come from?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Rigel posted:

The 3 Democrat senators who are making it the most obvious to everyone that they are in for 2020 (even though Gillibrand recently said no, no one believes it) are Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Only an idiot says yes this early.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

also not for nothing but something can be both genuine anger and calculated to appeal to a certain demo at the same time

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
heh well yes you see, the unabashed pirate installed in the white house by profoundly undemocratic means may, in fact, be routinely violating the rights and dignity of my constituency, but we wouldnt want to do something rash like saying a no-no word would we?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My biggest fear is that Hillary gets it in her head that she should run in 2020. Boy that's be a train wreck.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Rigel posted:

Obama is maybe one of the only people in politics who I can buy as someone who legit never or rarely swears in public.

while true in public, the guys on pod save america have talked about obama cursing up a storm in the oval office

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hollismason posted:

It's not a heat of the moment when you keep saying it over and over then it's your catchphrase

Looking forward to the timeline where JEB steps up for 2020 with the slogan "JEB Can loving Fix It!"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Javes posted:

When your coworkers can barely string a sentence together without sounding like they have dementia it's a very low bar to cross.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Counterpoint: they voted for Trump. The TV blared Hillary ads showing Trump dropping an F-bomb almost non-stop.

They don't give a poo poo about swearing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Javes posted:

2012ish because they needed market a standard regressive empty suit as something/anything/good for being Mitten's vp.

IIRC he was the numbers guy that totally has a budget that works.

NO YOU CAN'T SEE MY MATH/WORK THE BUDGET WORKS JUST TAKE MY WORD

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
lol at someone named Hollis Mason being a moralizing relic who doesn't understand the rules have changed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Javes posted:

he made up a bunch of numbers based on literally nothing in 2012, then packaged it slickly for beltway journo dipshits to cream themselves over

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

CascadeBeta posted:

My biggest fear is that Hillary gets it in her head that she should run in 2020. Boy that's be a train wreck.

She would lose the primaries bigly

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

CascadeBeta posted:

She'd be 72. I don't think she's that stupid. She wouldn't win the nomination, she has to know that.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Javes posted:

Media dumbos

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

2012ish because they needed market a standard regressive empty suit as something/anything.

IIRC he was the numbers guy that totally has a budget that works.

NO YOU CAN'T SEE MY MATH/WORK THE BUDGET WORKS JUST TAKE MY WORD

Here is my capitalist plan for Social Security that effectively nationalizes the stock market.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

CascadeBeta posted:

aside from her, other Clintons, and a few brain-dead DC stalactites, no one on earth would get on that train. it would be embarrassing

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Gosh today's political climate is just a circus and swearing really just makes it worse. Congressmen should be prim and proper like they were in my idealized historical version of politics that ignores all of human history to maintain its supreme dignity

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Javes posted:

https://newrepublic.com/article/141600/death-paul-ryan-policy-genius

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How did you pick that cherry tree so well, I thought George Washington chopped them all down.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hey friend did you hear that John McCain is a maverick

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i think we should embrace the body-slamming future of congress and just turn it into the WWE

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Rigel posted:

Counterpoint: they voted for Trump. The TV blared Hillary ads showing Trump dropping an F-bomb almost non-stop.

They don't give a poo poo about swearing.

Lockerroom talk is lockerroom talk. How you conduct yourself in public is different.

Gillibrand needs to appeal to the Midwestern white working-class. Most of them are suburban and rural.

Cursing in public, wearing your pants sagging, and pursuing energy policies that direct resources away from extraction industries are all very urban. Gillibrand was 2 out 3, but now she is 3 out 3 and will have trouble with the "I am one of you" test for those voters.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Numbers guy.

https://i.imgur.com/C3jwFHv.jpg No one cares about this one.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

while true in public, the guys on pod save america have talked about obama cursing up a storm in the oval office

I don't blame him in the slightest.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lockerroom talk is lockerroom talk. How you conduct yourself in public is different.

Gillibrand needs to appeal to the Midwestern white working-class. Most of them are suburban and rural.

Cursing in public, wearing your pants sagging, and pursuing energy policies that direct resources away from extraction industries are all very urban. Gillibrand was 2 out 3, but now she is 3 out 3 and will have trouble with the "I am one of you" test for those voters.

Somehow I don't believe you are posting in good faith, sir!

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

She would lose the primaries bigly

Posting from the President Bernie Sanders alternate timeline.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

PhazonLink posted:

Numbers guy.

https://i.imgur.com/C3jwFHv.jpg No one cares about this one.

look man I'm from WI and have Paul Ryan PTSD you can't just post that poo poo without a trigger warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Swearing is bad for Dems and good for GOP

• Locked thread